+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

rjacob

Star Member
Dec 28, 2018
We received a mail this morning from CIC asking us to do medicals. we submitted medicals upfront with our application and it's still valid till Nov 2019. Can someone tell us what we can do at this point? Redo medical or any other way around?
Hey! What's your AOR? Sorry I'm unable to see it in your signature due to my phone.
I ask because my medical expires in November too but I haven't got any email for remedical.

kzeed12

May 28, 2019
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
Hello fellow applicants. I just wanted to share some thoughts about my application and process in general. I think this info will make your wait a bit easier.
1) IRCC customer service agents all the time (including my last call on July 31) were telling me that my Background/Security didn't start. As you can see below, after my application was approved, it is clearly states that my Background check was completed in February. ... just food for thought.
2) Eligibility passed on August 1 (I received email from the officer saying that my application is in a queue for review on July 30, called IRCC July 31 just to find out that Eligibility didn't start and Background check in progress) same day my application was approved.

I came to conclusion that IRCC agents either don't know what is happening with out applications and sometimes just make up some stuff to make us feel better, or they don't want/not allowed to tell us everything they see on their side :) .... and our applications can be approved in a matter of minutes after officers finally touch them while we wait for that moment passionately, sometimes not very passionately for months! Good luck to all of us!

Review of eligibility
- Review of eligibility
  • August 1, 2019 Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below.
Review of medical results - Review of medical results
  • January 19, 2019 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents - Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview - Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check - Background check
  • February 7, 2019 Your background check was completed.
Final decision - Final decision
  • August 19, 2019 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.
Surprisingly encouraging - there should be a delay in how actual processing timeline is shared with the system the call center agents use ..
Anyways thanks a lot for taking time and posting your update :)

immitk

Jan 31, 2019
Thank you very much for sharing such statements and findings. It is very useful to understand some of the process behind the scenes and showing that the call center agents are sometimes not aware about the actual status. Btw, did you order at any level the GCMS notes? I am a little bit curious and (now much more enthusiastic after reading your words) about the mail I received from IRCC saying that my app is in queue for review by an officer in august 1st. This mail was oddly formatted and different somehow:

Good day:
first and family name
Application number xxxxxxxx

Please be advised that the application is in the queue for review by an Officer. You will be contacted in due course.

Regards

AQ

Citizenship and Immigration, Immigration
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada / Government of Canada

I called after reception of this email, the status is still the same, My application is at Sydney CIO, criminality passed, Security not started, eligibility in progress.
Hi Pura Vida. I didn't order GCMS notes. But I received exactly same email. And at the time of getting that email my status Criminality passed, Security not started, Eligibility (some agents were saying in progress, others under review), Sydney CIO,

Pura Vida

Oct 10, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Schedule A
Nomination.....
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
25-12-2018
Med's Done....
13-02-2019
Passport Req..
November 18th 2019
Hi Pura Vida. I didn't order GCMS notes. But I received exactly same email. And at the time of getting that email my status Criminality passed, Security not started, Eligibility (some agents were saying in progress, others under review), Sydney CIO,
Ok thank you!

capricorn7

Star Member
Aug 14, 2018
Congratulations!! It's good to see some progress from CIO Sydney

Reactions: PrasadK

sigmoid

Aug 17, 2019
My EE-FSW Outland AOR date: December 18, 2018, Currently Residing in: United States, Citizenship: India. It's been over 8 months since AOR, with criminality and medicals passed as of Jan 29. Eligibility in still in progress per online status.

I ordered my GCMS notes on on getgcms.com. Last email said: "As per the most recent update from IRCC, your request was successfully submitted on July 8, 2019. The processing of your request commenced on July 11, 2019." However, it has been 41 days since the processing start date (July 11) and I have not received the GCMS notes yet.

What are the typical causes of delay in GCMS notes?

d6k5d3

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
@Pura Vida I asked an agent about the implication of that mail from IRCC as I also received the same this month. The agent said it's a generic reply, and nothing specific to my application. However, now I feel that though the agent and GCMS notes indicated that security was not initiated, it has actually been initiated. Otherwise I don't see any point why the application would be in the queue for review of officers.

Reactions: Pura Vida

Pura Vida

Oct 10, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Schedule A
Nomination.....
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
25-12-2018
Med's Done....
13-02-2019
Passport Req..
November 18th 2019
@Pura Vida I asked an agent about the implication of that mail from IRCC as I also received the same this month. The agent said it's a generic reply, and nothing specific to my application. However, now I feel that though the agent and GCMS notes indicated that security was not initiated, it has actually been initiated. Otherwise I don't see any point why the application would be in the queue for review of officers.
Thank you for the response!

Pura Vida

Oct 10, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Schedule A
Nomination.....
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
25-12-2018
Med's Done....
13-02-2019
Passport Req..
November 18th 2019
Hello everyone,
Need some help here

Today, when I opened my CIC account, it read as Application/Profile updated.
Is this a ghost email?

Thanks
If nothing changed in your account then yes.

Sonali1990

Aug 25, 2017
Hello everyone,
Need some help here

Today, when I opened my CIC account, it read as Application/Profile updated.
Is this a ghost email?

Thanks
@Pura Vida any idea, if this is a sign towards PPR. I completed 8 months today. (CEC, Ontario).

I also updated my passport on my application, end of July and on 07 August, I received, email from CIC, That Information has been received and forwarded to the responsible officer.
So, I am confused, is this ghost update regard my passport updating or something towards PPR..
Any Idea??

Thanks

ladyday

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019
Category........
CEC
@Pura Vida any idea, if this is a sign towards PPR. I completed 8 months today. (CEC, Ontario).

I also updated my passport on my application, end of July and on 07 August, I received, email from CIC, That Information has been received and forwarded to the responsible officer.
So, I am confused, is this ghost update regard my passport updating or something towards PPR..
Any Idea??

Thanks
Did your "review of additional information" field change?

pfaco

Aug 7, 2016
Hey guys. Just to let you know that I got my Ready for Visa email.
Below you can find my timeline and information in case it helps anyone:

Country of Residence: Brazil.
Number of applicants: 3
AOR: December 14th
ADR in January 27th, asking for my baby passport
Medicals passed January 28th
ADR in August 16, asking why I said yes to a question about committing crimes in Canada (God, who knows how long that mistake cost me?)
Ghost Updated earlier today, August 21th
Ready for visa just now, August 21th

My wife and I had a big travel history, with a dozen countries each in the past 10 years.

I wish the best for you all! The golden email will arrive at any moment!

Dipi1305

Star Member
May 21, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-Nov-2018
Nomination.....
14-Oct-2018
AOR Received.
12-Dec-2018
Med's Done....
23-Jan-2019
Passport Req..
17-07-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-07-2019
LANDED..........
06-11-2019
Hi everyone... I have a question... on my CoPR form my visa validity is till 11 Nov 2019 and I received it from NDVO . My questions are :
1. Can I enter Canada from US rather than India .
2. Can I request for extending my visa ?

Please can anyone provide any insight on this ?