+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

Sonali1990

Aug 25, 2017
Reached 225 days on Aug 12th, sent a case specific enquiry(my 3rd overall):

Enquiry:
Hello My application has crossed over 7 months(225 days) as of today. I would like to know the status of my application with regards to the following: Eligibility Criminality Security Thanks a lot. Much appreciated. Hitesh Kaul

Received the following reply today:

Good day Hitesh Kaul,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided regarding the processing times and have forwarded it to the responsible office.

They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Furthermore, you have been selected to complete this survey conducted by the Client Experience Branch at IRCC. Information gathered via this survey will be compared to data gathered in previous years and will be used to guide future improvements.

This voluntary survey should take no longer than 5 minutes to complete by selecting the following link: https://na1se.voxco.com/SE/?st=jzXGD8+JV/cor1wR9cPtK+Kn5bYb8/W9HDFJrK49Zm8=&lang=en

If you are unable to open the link above, please copy the full URL below into your internet browser’s URL box.

Please note that when results are reported, the responses provided by participants are anonymous and reported as aggregate data. The identity of those participating in this survey will not be determined nor shared.

Thank you for participating in this survey. Your input is key to its success.

Sincerely,

Sophie, Agent 4344
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html

Anyone else received a similar reply?
This is their set format. I have also received same reply 2 times.

d6k5d3

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
So according to the cases submitted in myimmitracker.com, there are still 101 cases of December 2018 that are waiting for PPRs (all have passed medicals)! Any idea how many PPRs are sent each day? We could do the math.

Pura Vida

Oct 10, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Schedule A
Nomination.....
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
25-12-2018
Med's Done....
13-02-2019
Passport Req..
November 18th 2019
So according to the cases submitted in myimmitracker.com, there are still 101 cases of December 2018 that are waiting for PPRs (all have passed medicals)! Any idea how many PPRs are sent each day? We could do the math.
The number of remaining candidates is not a problem, 100 cases can be done in 1 day but the issue is the disorder, nowadays IRCC is giving more PPRs for 2019 than 2018 and nobody understands why. I did the math many times and I had like 4 or 5 target dates according to my VO, my stream, my nationality, my country of residence and I crossed by far all of them, I did even a probability exercise , it gave me a date of about April and trust it or not most of the ppl from AOR December 2018 got their PPRs around April/May not my case...I have an eligibility MET since February and since then nobody touches the file.

Pura Vida

Oct 10, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Schedule A
Nomination.....
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
25-12-2018
Med's Done....
13-02-2019
Passport Req..
November 18th 2019
The number of remaining candidates is not a problem, 100 cases can be done in 1 day but the issue is the disorder, nowadays IRCC is giving more PPRs for 2019 than 2018 and nobody understands why. I did the math many times and I had like 4 or 5 target dates according to my VO, my stream, my nationality, my country of residence and I crossed by far all of them, I did even a probability exercise , it gave me a date of about April and trust it or not most of the ppl from AOR December 2018 got their PPRs around April/May not my case...I have an eligibility MET since February and since then nobody touches the file.
@d6k5d3 I saw some days during the period of March-April, IRCC was delivering ~30 PRRs a day (I was so happy and hopeful with that at the time) in meaning that if they focus in the remaining AORs of 2018 (~200 cases) they can finish all of it in 2 weeks if they work the same way they did.

Reactions: d6k5d3 and kzeed12

leBelge

Aug 7, 2019
I'm trying to avoid peeking at the november 2018 aor forum... so as to maintain the belief that 8months is the new 6months.

How representative is Myimmitracker? Out of the 526 cases from December, 413 got the PPR... which leaves close to the expected 20% beyond 6months.

Reactions: d6k5d3

Jaceson868

Feb 1, 2019
I'm trying to avoid peeking at the november 2018 aor forum... so as to maintain the belief that 8months is the new 6months.

How representative is Myimmitracker? Out of the 526 cases from December, 413 got the PPR... which leaves close to the expected 20% beyond 6months.
One of the main problems with immtracker is cases drops off after sometime and if the user does not make it active you do not get that data.

For Dec14 I know of a couple cases that are not active and the users have not reported that they got ppr....so this maybe in incomplete .

Reactions: d6k5d3

d6k5d3

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
Probability exercise! That's intense! :D I hope all the homework and attention you have paid pays off soon. But I am with you in that how frustrating it is. I have received a ministerial correspondence related to my inquiry on PR applications today. The person who responded spent a lot of time to explain the situation, and assure that IRCC is doing its best. He also reiterated that the security checks have their own paces, and the ministerial dept. has no control.

So being patient is the only key to peace of mind.

ivoyager

Dec 6, 2018
We received a mail this morning from CIC asking us to do medicals. we submitted medicals upfront with our application and it's still valid till Nov 2019. Can someone tell us what we can do at this point? Redo medical or any other way around?

Reactions: Muriel228

Muriel228

Mar 28, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-12-2018
Med's Done....
23-01-2019
Same jere
We received a mail this morning from CIC asking us to do medicals. we submitted medicals upfront with our application and it's still valid till Nov 2019. Can someone tell us what we can do at this point? Redo medical or any other way around?
Same here...I got a mail today morning for a re-medical request....my medical expires in November 2019...I don't think there's any way out except redoing it... Frustrating that we have to go through the whole inconvenience on account of them slacking!!

Reactions: kdr91 and kzeed12

Pura Vida

Oct 10, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Schedule A
Nomination.....
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
25-12-2018
Med's Done....
13-02-2019
Passport Req..
November 18th 2019
Hello fellow applicants. I just wanted to share some thoughts about my application and process in general. I think this info will make your wait a bit easier.
1) IRCC customer service agents all the time (including my last call on July 31) were telling me that my Background/Security didn't start. As you can see below, after my application was approved, it is clearly states that my Background check was completed in February. ... just food for thought.
2) Eligibility passed on August 1 (I received email from the officer saying that my application is in a queue for review on July 30, called IRCC July 31 just to find out that Eligibility didn't start and Background check in progress) same day my application was approved.

I came to conclusion that IRCC agents either don't know what is happening with out applications and sometimes just make up some stuff to make us feel better, or they don't want/not allowed to tell us everything they see on their side :) .... and our applications can be approved in a matter of minutes after officers finally touch them while we wait for that moment passionately, sometimes not very passionately for months! Good luck to all of us!

Review of eligibility
- Review of eligibility
  • August 1, 2019 Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below.
Review of medical results - Review of medical results
  • January 19, 2019 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents - Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview - Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check - Background check
  • February 7, 2019 Your background check was completed.
Final decision - Final decision
  • August 19, 2019 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.
Thank you very much for sharing such statements and findings. It is very useful to understand some of the process behind the scenes and showing that the call center agents are sometimes not aware about the actual status. Btw, did you order at any level the GCMS notes? I am a little bit curious and (now much more enthusiastic after reading your words) about the mail I received from IRCC saying that my app is in queue for review by an officer in august 1st. This mail was oddly formatted and different somehow:

Good day:
first and family name
Application number xxxxxxxx

Please be advised that the application is in the queue for review by an Officer. You will be contacted in due course.

Regards

AQ

Citizenship and Immigration, Immigration
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada / Government of Canada

I called after reception of this email, the status is still the same, My application is at Sydney CIO, criminality passed, Security not started, eligibility in progress.

morcerf

May 30, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-08-2018
Nomination.....
06-08-2018
AOR Received.
06-10-2018
Passport Req..
16-10-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2019
Same jere

Same here...I got a mail today morning for a re-medical request....my medical expires in November 2019...I don't think there's any way out except redoing it... Frustrating that we have to go through the whole inconvenience on account of them slacking!!
You getting remedical request is very good news. IRCC has a rule where they cannot issue PR with only 3 months left in medical validity. So you getting remedical request now means your PR is literally ready and they’re just waiting for you to do the medicals again before they send it to you.

Turn that frown upside down and go celebrate.

Muriel228

Mar 28, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-12-2018
Med's Done....
23-01-2019
You getting remedical request is very good news. IRCC has a rule where they cannot issue PR with only 3 months left in medical validity. So you getting remedical request now means your PR is literally ready and they’re just waiting for you to do the medicals again before they send it to you.

Turn that frown upside down and go celebrate.
Thanks a ton for the positivity boost!! Hoping the end is near soon!!

Reactions: morcerf