supun567

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
Sri Lanka
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
22-12-2018
Guys I got an update for ip2 saying "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need any further information." Next day I got an RPRF request mail. Today I paid and uploaded it. Now any idea, how long should I expect for the PPR mail?
Have you got any update yet?

L_K_84

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019
Just tried calling IRCC but couldn't get through to an agent. I called using skype credit.. I call once before and it worked, but now seems the extensions have changed. Anyone knows the sequence of extensions i need to press to reach an agent?
@USProgrammer @SithLord

supun567

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
Sri Lanka
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
22-12-2018
Just got a reply for email to the MP.
"Eligibility and criminality passed.
Security checks are in progress since May 22, 2019. They cannot be expedited and timelines are not available."

This means security screening right?
I wasn't asked for CV though.
Alright, Did a bit of research. apparently not every security check is similar. and the super lengthy part only comes into play when they ask CSIS to do a check.
Still kind of frustrated though. As I was thoroughly checked when I applied for my student visa, where I gave my bio-metric info too. After that I've been living in Canada under their watch for four years and they still can't trust me as much as the people who've never set foot in Canada and their security check takes one day.
How long did the hon. MP took to reply you?

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
December 14th AOR here with Eligibility “Recommended Pass”. File is at Ottawa VO. Any other December 14th applicants in same situation? Any news on what’s the cause of the delays?
Not December 14th but Nov 2nd AOR and exactly in the same boat

Eligibility "Recommended Pass" and file is at Ottawa VO

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Hi guys & @USProgrammer ,

I got a reply to a web form I submitted about two weeks ago, saying that:
Criminality is valid.
Security is under processing.

Does anyone know what "criminality is valid" means? In addition, does it mean that eligibility has been met? They didn't mention anything about eligibility, although I'd asked for that as well.

Thanks.
Don't know. Call them to ask or email Ralph.

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Just tried calling IRCC but couldn't get through to an agent. I called using skype credit.. I call once before and it worked, but now seems the extensions have changed. Anyone knows the sequence of extensions i need to press to reach an agent?
@USProgrammer @SithLord
You don't need to use Skype credit. You can call the 613 number using Hangouts for free. Should be 1-1-1 and then 2-1-1-0 (family sponsorship options). I haven't called in a long time, admittedly though, if they've changed it.

ulka0410

Star Member
Dec 3, 2018
AOR Received.
20-01-2019
Not December 14th but Nov 2nd AOR and exactly in the same boat

Eligibility "Recommended Pass" and file is at Ottawa VO
Hi SithLord, i have read your many posts and have a question for you.

Do you think that calling CIC, emailing Ralph, and or or ordering GCMS notes makes our case go any faster?

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Hi SithLord, i have read your many posts and have a question for you.

Do you think that calling CIC, emailing Ralph, and or or ordering GCMS notes makes our case go any faster?
In my experience NO.

Your case only moves when the case officers decide to look into your case. Now how they pick your case is totally random and unknown. All you can do is just pray and hope for a miracle.

ulka0410

Star Member
Dec 3, 2018
AOR Received.
20-01-2019
In my experience NO.

Your case only moves when the case officers decide to look into your case. Now how they pick your case is totally random and unknown. All you can do is just pray and hope for a miracle.
Thanks so much for your reply.:)

Reactions: SithLord