App. Filed.......
30-11-2018
AOR Received.
1-12-2018
Med's Done....
11-01-2019
Passport Req..
05-07-2019
So the agent told me that she is unable to see any update and the ghost update that i received was maybe some kind of glitch...I am feeling sad now

rjacob

Star Member
Dec 28, 2018
Hi guys,

So I ordered GCMS notes and found out that there is a Review Required for the POF. We had sent them a letter from the bank which gave the details of the Fixed Deposit of the required amount. The letter also gave my current account balance apart from the FD. The point to note is that the amount was transferred to my account from my parents and an FD was made the very next day. It was about 5 months old when we submitted the application.

Later we called CIC and this nice guy said that our eligibility and background check is both under review right now. They haven't sent us any ADR regarding the POF. Is anyone else in a similar situation?
Though he said our background check was under review, as per our account we're still in IP1.
Our GCMS notes show that everything else has been reviewed and is in order.
Experts, any ideas on what we should do at this point? Or should we just wait for them to send us an ADR if they need any details about the POF? The funds continue to be in the FD.

rjacob

Star Member
Dec 28, 2018
Hi I think we might have got the same agent. She gave the same response saying that ‘not started’ could be that the VO didn’t update their progress yet
The agent said the same thing to me. I think they're giving a general response to this now.

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Did you originally provide an LOE explaining how you came to be in possession of the funds? And did you attach a gift deed and affidavit from your parents identifying that this money was being given to you as a gift and not a loan? I believe this is what IRCC would care about; my understanding is that IRCC does not concern itself with how long you've had the gift, but that it was a gift and not money you'd have to return to your parents. I'm assuming the transfer from your parents shows up on your statement, and this is what the officer might have flagged. (I'm drawing from what I've read here on this thread and the forum in general.

Hi guys,

So I ordered GCMS notes and found out that there is a Review Required for the POF. We had sent them a letter from the bank which gave the details of the Fixed Deposit of the required amount. The letter also gave my current account balance apart from the FD. The point to note is that the amount was transferred to my account from my parents and an FD was made the very next day. It was about 5 months old when we submitted the application.

Later we called CIC and this nice guy said that our eligibility and background check is both under review right now. They haven't sent us any ADR regarding the POF. Is anyone else in a similar situation?
Though he said our background check was under review, as per our account we're still in IP1.
Our GCMS notes show that everything else has been reviewed and is in order.
Experts, any ideas on what we should do at this point? Or should we just wait for them to send us an ADR if they need any details about the POF? The funds continue to be in the FD.

Reactions: mumbaikar88

gurjeetgill

Star Member
Jan 7, 2019
So the agent told me that she is unable to see any update and the ghost update that i received was maybe some kind of glitch...I am feeling sad now
We are about to complete 7 months :(.. Very sad is that... I moved to IP2 on 13-06-19 but no update after that. People usually get PPR the very next day but for me nothing !!:confused::confused: Now I feel that IP2 in my case might also be some kind of technical glitch!!

rjacob

Star Member
Dec 28, 2018
Did you originally provide an LOE explaining how you came to be in possession of the funds? And did you attach a gift deed and affidavit from your parents identifying that this money was being given to you as a gift and not a loan? I believe this is what IRCC would care about; my understanding is that IRCC does not concern itself with how long you've had the gift, but that it was a gift and not money you'd have to return to your parents. I'm assuming the transfer from your parents shows up on your statement, and this is what the officer might have flagged. (I'm drawing from what I've read here on this thread and the forum in general.
So the agent told us if the money is in a Fixed Deposit, we don't need to give a Gift Deed. Now I feel like we should've provided it anyway. The problem is that now the gift deed will be on the current date and not from earlier. Should we still make it and submit it with an LOE or wait for an ADR?

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
That's a call you need to make, but I know the call center agent won't be the one evaluating your application. :) Maybe other people here who have used gift deeds/affidavits can weigh in here. Many people continue to use it successfully.
What's the problem with a recent gift deed? Isn't a gift a gift?

So the agent told us if the money is in a Fixed Deposit, we don't need to give a Gift Deed. Now I feel like we should've provided it anyway. The problem is that now the gift deed will be on the current date and not from earlier. Should we still make it and submit it with an LOE or wait for an ADR?

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Hey US Programmer,
I had the same thing. I cut my photos manually. Now one side is 49 mm instead of 50 mm. So its not perfectly rectangular.
What do you think happens?

Also, how much did it cost you when you had to resend it? I sent it by fedex as well and it cost me $90 for both sides.
No idea. I expect a possible photo rejection upon PR card processing.

Mine wasn't nearly that expensive. It was about $30 I think each way on my FedEx account I set up. I printed the label and customs forms and brought it to FedEx office for them to affix to an envelope and scan.

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
And yes I will end it with a Haiku:

Got PPR this morning
PPR - Party, Party, Repeat
Submitted Passport
That's not even close to a haiku, but congrats anyway! ;)

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Congrats to all the new PPRs!

Jun 24, 2019
Hello guys,

I need some advice. My current employer is laying off few employees and unfortunately I am one of them. My PR application is still in process and I am not sure if I will find an employment before my last working day here which is on 8th July. I have no hopes of getting golden email before then. Could this adversely effect my PR application? Details below:

AOR: 10 Dec 2018
MEP: 21 Jan 2019
ADR: 21 Jan 2019
ADR submission: 2 Feb 2019

No movement post that. I had called IRCC and spoke to an agent on 14 June as 180 days had passed and was informed that my application is in queue for review by an officer. Its now 196 days to my application and I am worried losing my job would lead to more complications and delay in processing. Any idea what I can do about this?

Please advise.
Hey,

Try to get an MP which is assigned to your area to call the IRCC for you. Explain your situation and ask if they can get an update for you or to prioritize your application. Its worth a shot.

Here is the link to find out who your MP is in Ontario. If you live in another province, then this site will not work: https://voterinformationservice.elections.on.ca/en/election/search

Here is the link to find out the contact information for your MP: https://www.ola.org/en/members/current/contact-information

Reactions: M527419
Jun 24, 2019
Newbie here. Apurv - how long did it take you get an appointment for your landing interview? i.e. how many days from the date you were notified you got PPR to the date of the actual interview. I am also applying inland and I am trying to decide if it will be faster to fly out of Canada or to do the landing interview for my husband and I.

Also - after receiving your PPR approval, are there any other steps which need to be done before we can "land"? To provide some background, I am a US citizen with a work permit in Canada and my husband is Honduran with both a work permit and work visa in Canada. My husband is unable to enter Canada without a visa with his passport. I am not sure if my husband will need another visa or if he can use his work visa to fly into the country as long as we have the approval documents for PPR. Would greatly appreciate any clarification you could offer.
Hey is anyone applying from inside Canada who has any insight into the above? Would greatly appreciate any help!

ramanbhatti

Mar 16, 2018
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-11-2018
AOR Received.
1-12-2018
Med's Done....
11-01-2019
Passport Req..
05-07-2019
We are about to complete 7 months :(.. Very sad is that... I moved to IP2 on 13-06-19 but no update after that. People usually get PPR the very next day but for me nothing !!:confused::confused: Now I feel that IP2 in my case might also be some kind of technical glitch!!
Yes.. that's kind of frustrating...after seeing ghost update, i felt very excited and since then I am waiting crazily for a mail...but nothing... now I am just leaving it to god....

anas_alam

Mar 23, 2019
Karachi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
20-01-2019
There is a way, Make a gift deed on the current date and attach a separate undertaking on Stamp Paper from the person gifting the money/funds of the fact that the amount transferred in the past was an oral gift which has now been documented in written deed.

Reactions: rjacob and derkdsou