Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
Pune, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-12-2018
Only one update in 180 days, this is sick. Officialy in the champions league guys, welcome me to the pool :)
Any in-land who are on the verge of 180 days or passed already?
Welcome to the pool!
193 days now. 2 updates so far.
MEP (before 180 days)
RPRF (post 180 days)

KatherineNunes

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
December 13, 2018
Med's Done....
January 23. 2019
AOR Dec 13, 2018
192 days no update after medicals.
FSW outland
Indian applicant
@rody0988 I hope its good news this week. I am really losing it

Reactions: Muriel228
Jul 25, 2018
200 days today .. still no update after medical(Jan)

I m raising a web form. What can be the enquiry points. Please add to this-

Visa office
Eligibility check status
Criminality Check status
Security Check status

Pls respond.
@USProgrammer ,
@SithLord,

@derkdsou congrats on you PR.
plz help

Last edited:

ivoyager

Dec 6, 2018
We called CIC last week and we were told that 'Background check may be in progress'. Ottawa VO. Is there any timeline from here? How long does Background check last?

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
Although nothing in our application has changed before or after. Not even a ghost update. We are Dec 5 AOR.
This seems an extremely vague update! I think the best way to get an update (though it costs a bit of money if you're outside Canada and takes a bit more than a month) is to order GCMS notes. I'm at around 120 days after AoR at the moment, but ordered notes to hopefully still all the niggling anxieties (e.g.: did I mistype a date? did my ex-boss remember he didn't like me that much and deny my existence, did I mix up any documents while uploading, etc, etc, etc). If you haven't done so, I think you should order notes so at least you have an update that's as objective as can be....

Reactions: anas_alam

rty8199

Jun 25, 2019
Hello,

I was working in a full-time role during the last year of my master's course. It was a full-time, paid position and after I graduated, I continued to work with the same employer (no break in work after graduation). There is an overlap of 9 months between my master's course and my full-time work. Since it was a full-time employment, I included it in my express entry application and submitted it. Here's my details below:

Master's Coursework:
Start:
Jan-2014
End: Dec-2015

Full Time employment:
March-2015 to Present

ITA: Oct-29-2018
AOR: Dec-28-2018

Please let me know:
1. If this might cause an issue to my eligibility for the FSW program.
2. In case they choose to exclude the overlap period from my overall experience, how is my net work experience calculated ( Graduation date to ITA date? or Graduation date to AOR date?)

I'm still awaiting an update on my application and have just 3 days for the completion of 6 months. Appreciate your responses on this question.

Thank you!

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
If your work reference letter clearly states that you were employed full time, i.e., at least 30 hours per week for the duration that you have claimed, and your supervisor/HR manager backs up this claim - if and when contacted by IRCC) - then you should be fine. It would be especially useful if you have included pay stubs and bank statements (showing deposits of your paychecks) for the duration of this employment. Also, remember that IRCC does not always authenticate every work reference letter with the employer, and the presence of other supporting documents - such as pay stubs, bank statements, income tax returns, etc. - is usually sufficient evidence for a case officer. For more information on what qualifies as full time v. part time work or what counts as skilled work under FSW, go here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers.html#skilled

Hello,

I was working in a full-time role during the last year of my master's course. It was a full-time, paid position and after I graduated, I continued to work with the same employer (no break in work after graduation). There is an overlap of 9 months between my master's course and my full-time work. Since it was a full-time employment, I included it in my express entry application and submitted it. Here's my details below:

Master's Coursework:
Start:
Jan-2014
End: Dec-2015

Full Time employment:
March-2015 to Present

ITA: Oct-29-2018
AOR: Dec-28-2018

Please let me know:
1. If this might cause an issue to my eligibility for the FSW program.
2. In case they choose to exclude the overlap period from my overall experience, how is my net work experience calculated ( Graduation date to ITA date? or Graduation date to AOR date?)

I'm still awaiting an update on my application and have just 3 days for the completion of 6 months. Appreciate your responses on this question.

Thank you!

Reactions: rty8199

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
How do they assign which visa office will process our application? Is it based on your country of residence according to this link in cic website? https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/international-visa-offices.html
I don't think this may have some influence, but it's not definitive. Not many visa offices come up for discussion in the threads, so I surmise that not every visa office processes PR applications - which may be why my application went to Singapore and not Bangkok. On the other hand, I met someone from Bangladesh whose file ended up in Singapore (which is the visa office for Bangladesh).

TLDR: Who knows what the IRCC gets up to :)

Reactions: Shadima