December 2018 AOR - join here

vyper1

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
29/12/2018
Hello there everyone. So i too have been a silent reader, i truly am very grateful for this forum and think I should share my experiences.

My AOR is December 28th 2018. The status of my application when I sign in is the same as IP2, no change.

Woke up this morning to a ghost update finally, was shaking. Called IRCC from the excitement to which the agent told me that my application was finalized yesterday and I will have a interview in 6 weeks. Also said that I shouldn't check my account anymore, just look out for an email.

So now, I'm in between excited, nervous, still doubtful as I haven't received an actual email as of yet haha. Also, I am an inland applicant, 1 dependent. Not sure of my VO. Read other pages about "landing interviews" but I can't remember if she actually used the word "landing."

Anyone with a similar experience?

Last edited:

Tallfumble

Nov 1, 2018
yesterday I got an email for a passport request (finally! after 198 days). And I'd like to thank all of you! I'm happy that I'm in this forum.
Thank you for your encouragement, support, laugh and tears (seriously, I cried a lot these 198 days)

what confuses me slightly is, my spouse is a Dutch and I'm an Indonesian but we both live in the Netherlands. Therefore, I still need a visa to enter Canada, while my spouse can use eTA. together with passport-sized photos, we need to submit it to obtain our CoPR that will be sent to our home address. the Canadian embassy suggested to combine all our documents and use Visa Application center service so they can provide me with an immigrant visa / permanent residence visa and then proceed with CoPR. my stupid question is, does he need to pay the services provided by VAC as well (the passport transmission service i think it's called)..? i think he needs to pay since his documents still go through VAC, but it seems a bit unfair considering he doesn't need their visa service...

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
yesterday I got an email for a passport request (finally! after 198 days). And I'd like to thank all of you! I'm happy that I'm in this forum.
Thank you for your encouragement, support, laugh and tears (seriously, I cried a lot these 198 days)

what confuses me slightly is, my spouse is a Dutch and I'm an Indonesian but we both live in the Netherlands. Therefore, I still need a visa to enter Canada, while my spouse can use eTA. together with passport-sized photos, we need to submit it to obtain our CoPR that will be sent to our home address. the Canadian embassy suggested to combine all our documents and use Visa Application center service so they can provide me with an immigrant visa / permanent residence visa and then proceed with CoPR. my stupid question is, does he need to pay the services provided by VAC as well (the passport transmission service i think it's called)..? i think he needs to pay since his documents still go through VAC, but it seems a bit unfair considering he doesn't need their visa service...
I'm American so I don't have access to a VAC, but what does your PPR email say? Instead of using the VAC, can you just mail your passport and copies of his passport to avoid the cost?

Singh1680

Dec 9, 2018
Hi all,

My AOR is 7th December 2018. The status of my application is as follows:
Details about your application status :

Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results - January 16, 2019 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents - We do not need additional documents.
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information..
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Does this mean IP2?
Hi, any idea how long it takes from IP2 to PPR?

Afgois

Aug 9, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-12-2018
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
Hi everyone.
I've been following this forum for a while and I am sharing my experience and info.
I am Portuguese and live in Portugal at the moment. I lived in the Netherlands and Greece so had PCC for those too.
AOR: 5th December 2018
Medical passed: 15th January 2019
CRS score: 451
NOC: 4032

I've crossed the 6 month mark, sent a message but only had the usual answer.
Got a Ghost Update yesterday but the only change was from "Medical passed..." to "you don't need a medical exam" which I found strange.
My girlfriend is German and we applied separately. She got her PPR within the six months and got all the ghost updates from "fake IP2' to IP1 and etc. I feel kinda terrible that she has to wait for me. Left my job in The Netherlands in October to spend some time with her as we were living apart and moved back to Portugal afterwards. I am waiting anxiously for some news since then.

Good luck for everyone and I hope you all know something soon. ;)

Pdhiman 28

Star Member
Jan 31, 2019
Should also call CIC to ask if "R10" check has been completed yet. If not, it's better to have R10 complete (also shown as "R10 OK" on GCMS note) before you apply.

That being said, I would apply regardless if the expiry date is too close. Dont miss the deadline just because you haven't been able to confirm the R10 OK status. Plus, the application must be submitted by paper, so you will have a few extra days for R10 check to complete if this hasn't been done.
It’s not online application ? I have applied for express entry on 3 dec .. after medical I didn’t get any update .. idk whether they have R10 completeness on my file

Jasmine Siddiqui

Star Member
May 11, 2019
Mumbai
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-11-2018
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Med's Done....
12-01-2019
Passport Req..
22-06-2019
Hi,

I received ADR on 20th June, Submitted docs same day.. tody the additional documents states NOT APPLICABLE.. what does that mean

Reactions: Pura Vida

Afgois

Aug 9, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-12-2018
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
Hi,

I received ADR on 20th June, Submitted docs same day.. tody the additional documents states NOT APPLICABLE.. what does that mean
I believe it is because the documents you sent were accepted and added to your application.

Reactions: Jasmine Siddiqui