+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

Pruteik

Jun 13, 2019
Hey guys, got an email from cic today about an update in my profile. Logged into my profile and saw a message saying refusal letter.

Since my wife was the primary applicant they say some issue with her work credential which do not match the NOC. Which, as per me, do. Where & how can I get my profile and documents checked/verified and is there any way I can ask the VO to reevaluate my application? Been through a long struggle and I don't know if I can go through the entire process again from scratch.

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
Hey guys, got an email from cic today about an update in my profile. Logged into my profile and saw a message saying refusal letter.

Since my wife was the primary applicant they say some issue with her work credential which do not match the NOC. Which, as per me, do. Where & how can I get my profile and documents checked/verified and is there any way I can ask the VO to reevaluate my application? Been through a long struggle and I don't know if I can go through the entire process again from scratch.
What exactly is their concern? Job description is not as per lead statement of chosen NOC or main duties are not covered? Perhaps if you share the contents of the letter some of us may be able to guide you.

If you’re confident that it’s the correct NOC you may be able to convince them to reopen the file but the chances are extremely slim.

nikhil234

Jun 15, 2019
@
derkdsou
Congrats,
I remember your post last week and that we were on the same boat, agent said criminality and eligibility passed, security in progress.
Did you receive any ghost updates recently?
I'm on the line to talk to an agent now.
Hi I am from India, which number to reach to for inquiry? I do not know which office is processing my file.
Thanks in advance.

Pruteik

Jun 13, 2019
What exactly is their concern? Job description is not as per lead statement of chosen NOC or main duties are not covered? Perhaps if you share the contents of the letter some of us may be able to guide you.

If you’re confident that it’s the correct NOC you may be able to convince them to reopen the file but the chances are extremely slim.
"I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a skilled worker. I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for permanent residence in Canada.

Subsection 12(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a foreign national may be selected as a member of the economic class on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada. Subsection 75(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations prescribes the federal skilled worker class as a class of persons who are skilled workers and who may become permanent residents on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada.

Pursuant to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, applicants in the federal skilled worker class are assessed on the basis of the minimum requirements set out in subsection 75(2) of Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations and the selection criteria set out in subsection 76(1) of these Regulations. The assessment of these criteria determines whether a skilled worker will be able to become economically established inCanada. The criteria are age, education, proficiency in Canada’s official languages, experience,arranged employment and adaptability.

Your application was assessed based on the occupation(s) in which you requested assessment. In your application, you claimed experience in NOC – 5123 – Journalist.

Subsection 75(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states that a foreign national is a skilled worker if

1. (a) within the ten years preceding the date of their application for a permanent resident visa, they have at least one year of continuous full-time employment experience, as described in subsection 80(7), or the equivalent in continuous part-time employment in one or more occupations, other than a restricted occupation, that are listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;
  2. (b) during that period of employment they performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification; and

Immigration Section - Service de l’Immigration
    7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri PO Box 5209 New Delhi 110021 India www.india.gc.ca
(c) during that period of employment they performed a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, including all of the essential duties.

I am not satisfied that you have performed a substantial number of duties in the primary NOC as stated. Accordingly, I am not satisfied that you meets the requirements of R75(2)(a).

Subsection 75(3) of Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states that if the foreign national fails to meet the requirements of subsection (2), the application shall be refused and no further assessment is required. As stated above, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of subsection 75(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations.

Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act specifies that unlessotherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.

I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and the Regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application."

This is what the letter said. Do I get in touch with with local Visa Office or IRCC?

Any assistance will be really helpful.

Pruteik

Jun 13, 2019
Call them and get complete idea. Also check the description of your NOC and check what was submitted in employment reference letter.

Further @legalfalcon would be in a better position to help you regarding the same. There are cases like these which were successfully resolved. Check elsewhere in the forum as well.
There is no number to call the local VO. Should I email them?

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
"I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a skilled worker. I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for permanent residence in Canada.

Subsection 12(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a foreign national may be selected as a member of the economic class on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada. Subsection 75(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations prescribes the federal skilled worker class as a class of persons who are skilled workers and who may become permanent residents on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada.

Pursuant to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, applicants in the federal skilled worker class are assessed on the basis of the minimum requirements set out in subsection 75(2) of Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations and the selection criteria set out in subsection 76(1) of these Regulations. The assessment of these criteria determines whether a skilled worker will be able to become economically established inCanada. The criteria are age, education, proficiency in Canada’s official languages, experience,arranged employment and adaptability.

Your application was assessed based on the occupation(s) in which you requested assessment. In your application, you claimed experience in NOC – 5123 – Journalist.

Subsection 75(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states that a foreign national is a skilled worker if

1. (a) within the ten years preceding the date of their application for a permanent resident visa, they have at least one year of continuous full-time employment experience, as described in subsection 80(7), or the equivalent in continuous part-time employment in one or more occupations, other than a restricted occupation, that are listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;
  2. (b) during that period of employment they performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification; and

Immigration Section - Service de l’Immigration
    7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri PO Box 5209 New Delhi 110021 India www.india.gc.ca
(c) during that period of employment they performed a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, including all of the essential duties.

I am not satisfied that you have performed a substantial number of duties in the primary NOC as stated. Accordingly, I am not satisfied that you meets the requirements of R75(2)(a).

Subsection 75(3) of Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states that if the foreign national fails to meet the requirements of subsection (2), the application shall be refused and no further assessment is required. As stated above, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of subsection 75(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations.

Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act specifies that unlessotherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.

I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and the Regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application."

This is what the letter said. Do I get in touch with with local Visa Office or IRCC?

Any assistance will be really helpful.
This is not very specific though VO has stated that you have not performed substantial number of duties in the selected NOC. How many duties did you list on the reference letter and what percentage matched those with the NOC category.

This is extremely saddening that too after a wait of over 6 months. Again, if you’re confident you can try raising a CSE ideally with a fresh reference letter with more jobduties. You may be able to get your file reopened. All the best.

MarcioSilva

Aug 27, 2018
Need your support guys !!!

Just now called ircc as my timeline finished yesterday he said my background is in procees but when i asked if my eligibility has been met or not coz as per my account they are reviewing my eligibility and am still in ip 1 he said he can't see it in my application if the eligibility is met or not happened to any 1? am really worried now
Can without the eligibility check, they can start my background check

Regards
It does not have a predecessor relationship. My eligibility is under review and I have criminality passed... So there is no necessary order. What people tell is that Security would be the final step prior to PPR or interview request.

Reactions: Johndec18@or

meg2318

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Hi guys,
finally something has moved ahead in my application just got off call from ircc.... she told eligibility is met and they are doing background check now... even though in my online profile it shows that its still under review ....kinda little happy now .... so people edmonton office is working we should have hopes......

Mallika S

Oct 19, 2018
Hi guys,
finally something has moved ahead in my application just got off call from ircc.... she told eligibility is met and they are doing background check now... even though in my online profile it shows that its still under review ....kinda little happy now .... so people edmonton office is working we should have hopes......
Thank God... And thank you for the update:)
I was beginning to wonder if they ever had any plans of working on our files...

Reactions: meg2318

Pruteik

Jun 13, 2019
This is not very specific though VO has stated that you have not performed substantial number of duties in the selected NOC. How many duties did you list on the reference letter and what percentage matched those with the NOC category.

This is extremely saddening that too after a wait of over 6 months. Again, if you’re confident you can try raising a CSE ideally with a fresh reference letter with more jobduties. You may be able to get your file reopened. All the best.
My wife has been working with news channels for about 7 years now. Am thinking of getting an agent to understand what we did wrong in the application and maybe help sort this out. Any recommendations in Gurgaon?