Dubai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
27/03/2019
@derkdsou
That sucks. However, do not keep thinking about it. I went bonkers with my first application, which got rejected after 9 months because a CIC call center agent gave me wrong info about my ECA. What I realised was that nothing stops, life, work, vacations, etc. I reapplied in 30 days, and we are good to go this time, with even higher score.

So, from experience I can tell you we need to learn to relax. Also, this forum, that we believe helps keep us sane, actually makes us insane. We look at others getting PPRs and think where we are, and then feel bad for ourselves It is a vicious cycle of Canadavisa, Myimmitracker, and our Account. Think about it, we are mostly anxious because others are getting PPR and we read about that here!!

Honestly, people I know from 80s and 90s who went had to wait 8-10 years. Imagine if they went crazy like us, they'd all be in asylums by now. So they went on with their lives, and received surprises. For us, PPR will only mean a big Sigh of relief... which is so sad because we will be embarking on a new life, and should be every bit excited.

Find a series to binge watch! Netflix the shit out of this wait!

Good luck buddy. Hope you sleep better!

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Thank you for your words of support. It's quite amazing how many people there are here from all over the world helping out one another! If I were from the 80s, I'd be listening to all that incredible 80s music right now - it's the best! Wait a sec, I am listening to 80s music right now. Hahaha

@derkdsou
That sucks. However, do not keep thinking about it. I went bonkers with my first application, which got rejected after 9 months because a CIC call center agent gave me wrong info about my ECA. What I realised was that nothing stops, life, work, vacations, etc. I reapplied in 30 days, and we are good to go this time, with even higher score.

So, from experience I can tell you we need to learn to relax. Also, this forum, that we believe helps keep us sane, actually makes us insane. We look at others getting PPRs and think where we are, and then feel bad for ourselves It is a vicious cycle of Canadavisa, Myimmitracker, and our Account. Think about it, we are mostly anxious because others are getting PPR and we read about that here!!

Honestly, people I know from 80s and 90s who went had to wait 8-10 years. Imagine if they went crazy like us, they'd all be in asylums by now. So they went on with their lives, and received surprises. For us, PPR will only mean a big Sigh of relief... which is so sad because we will be embarking on a new life, and should be every bit excited.

Find a series to binge watch! Netflix the shit out of this wait!

Good luck buddy. Hope you sleep better!

angelica2019

May 31, 2019
@Shahanastar, I was thinking about you when I got my update. I thought...hmm, where is @Shahanastar in terms of her application?

Guys, this is what I know from my call:
Eligibility: Passed
Info Sharing: Complete
Medicals: Passed
Criminality: Passed
Security: Started

I hope this is not a security screening. Please ETH, don't f*cking f*ck me over. I don't want to be f*cked.
Congrats! Any progress is a good sign.
No haikus this time?

Reactions: Pura Vida

Pura Vida

Oct 10, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Schedule A
Nomination.....
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
25-12-2018
Med's Done....
13-02-2019
Passport Req..
November 18th 2019
I wanted them to tell me more about my security. Am I in security screening? Am I going to be punished for my ETH? I used those exact words. And they said nothing. Standard cookie-cutter call center responses.
They use the word "comprehensive" security screening. But look, they know exactly what you mean and I think, based on the response, that you are not in that matter.

Reactions: derkdsou

chints333

Jan 11, 2019
india
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-12-2018
@derkdsou
@comet7700

Guys as a travel buff and numismatic... I envy you! Hoping to catch up with you and all here in Canada soon...

It just a matter of time and all of us would cross the line soon.....till that time we all have each other to support.

You all help me stay sane and grounded!

chints333

Jan 11, 2019
india
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-12-2018
yes I did! I emailed them at CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

However, their response was rather generic:

Good day,

Please be informed that your application is currently in queue for review by an officer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with a date on which your file will be reviewed.

Please be assured that you will be contacted immediately should further information be required or regarding the next steps in your file.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.
Same here AOR Dec 11, FSW O, VO- Ottawa. Notes dated 15 may say nothing has started

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Tell them you can't have any information on your application from the call center so you're relying on email communication with NDVO. Ask for the status of your eligibility, criminality, security and maybe also info sharing. Ask them about the date and nature of the last activity on your case - who knows they might share it?!

Am planning to write to the New Delhi VFS Office. What information should I specifically be requesting in order to avoid a generic response?

Last edited: