+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Good question. I've heard from many people who similarly only provided a scan of their current passport and went on to receive their PPR without an ADR. We have also seen cases of people where they missed reporting a trip, which IRCC may have been aware of and were asked to resubmit their travel history. Technically, it should be enough to submit just the current passport, but I had so many stamps for trips in my previous passport that I preemptively sent them a scan of it by raising a CSE a month after I applied, which would have been about two weeks before my MEP. I have never received an ADR.

Dear Members,

Recently there has been some discussion in the forum regarding time consumption by IRCC for matching entry/exit stamps in passport with travel history. I have a question regarding this issue.

I have uploaded my recent passport during application process. But previously I had another passport which was expired. But in the last 10 years my only travel outside my home country was made using that passport, containing stamps from Nepalese immigration authority. As the instruction says to upload valid passport only (My new passport contains number of previous passport) I did not upload this passport. Can this be the reason my application is is processing is delayed? I have not received any ADR/update since passing medical. Ordered my GCMS but yet to receive. Should I upload previous expired passport using webform and an LOE?

Expert members please advise !

Last edited:

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Hi Guys!

I am December 04, AOR from India. There is only single update in my account stating you have passed the medical exam on january 15, 2019. Ever since then there is no further communication. The account shows,

Eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet eligibility criteria,
Additional documents: We do not need any additional documents,
Biometrics: Not required,
Interview: Not required,
Background check: Not started yet,
Final Decision: Pending

I submitted query through web form and got the response: "We verified the information you provided regarding status of your application and have forwarded it to the responsible office. They will contact if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application.

I have not applied for GCMS notes yet since I was waiting patiently. But now this wait is getting under my nerves. How come they have not even started background check yet and how long in your experience will it take from here?

Should I order GCMS notes? If yes, can I apply from India, I have no relatives or friends in Canada with PR or citizenship. I tried calling them on the number given on website but I couldn't reach there. Is there any separate number for applicants from India? If any of the experts on this forum could share these details along with their contact details I would be grateful.

Regards,
Sometimes the account is not updated, you will see cases in which people got the PPR and the account is stuck at med pass.
You can request the notes using the third-party service provider if you are an outland applicant.

Dipi1305

Star Member
May 21, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-Nov-2018
Nomination.....
14-Oct-2018
AOR Received.
12-Dec-2018
Med's Done....
23-Jan-2019
Passport Req..
17-07-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-07-2019
LANDED..........
06-11-2019
Hi Guys!

I am December 04, AOR from India. There is only single update in my account stating you have passed the medical exam on january 15, 2019. Ever since then there is no further communication. The account shows,

Eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet eligibility criteria,
Additional documents: We do not need any additional documents,
Biometrics: Not required,
Interview: Not required,
Background check: Not started yet,
Final Decision: Pending

I submitted query through web form and got the response: "We verified the information you provided regarding status of your application and have forwarded it to the responsible office. They will contact if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application.

I have not applied for GCMS notes yet since I was waiting patiently. But now this wait is getting under my nerves. How come they have not even started background check yet and how long in your experience will it take from here?

Should I order GCMS notes? If yes, can I apply from India, I have no relatives or friends in Canada with PR or citizenship. I tried calling them on the number given on website but I couldn't reach there. Is there any separate number for applicants from India? If any of the experts on this forum could share these details along with their contact details I would be grateful.

Regards,
I have AOR of 12 Dec 2018 and only medicals cleared on 23 Jan 2019.
I have same status display as of yours. guess we have to wait a little more for moving to IP2 or PPR

comet7700

Aug 24, 2018
Dubai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
27/03/2019
Good for you, haha! This is not a competition, at least not for one which you earn extra points from Canada. ;) You said you had 270 flights - doesn't that mean 135 trips?
Lol Yeah. Still ahead of you... so in essence, behind you in screening :p

And I know its not a competition... though all of us are flocking to this forum treating this like a race. He/She got PPR, why didnt I.... :p

Reactions: tuhadapeo

mumbaikar88

Feb 2, 2019
Guys!!! I got the golden mail on 12/6!! Details below.. got it on the last day only! Sorry posting so late..working too late and came to know only on 13th night because of personal mail id

ITA 14/11/18
AOR 13/12/18
Medical Passed 24/1/19
IP1 24/1/19
IP2 11/6/19 no mail
Ghost update 11/6/19 just after IP2 only.. no mail
PPR 12/6/19 .. got mail 5 AM in India on 13th
VO first was at Sydney then shifted to Ottawa
No family members only single applicant
Monday am going to submit passport and photos

It's not good that so many are waiting long time and not getting PPR. Definitely not fair.. I pray and wish that you are get yours at the earliest. @USProgrammer and @derkdsou have been SUPER helpful and also many other members also. @derkdsou bro your PPR is near.. your dates are like mine. Try to stay patient and positive.. it will come. God bless u all!!!
@derkdsou also updated my file on immitracker ;);) thanks bro

comet7700

Aug 24, 2018
Dubai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
27/03/2019
@derkdsou
@comet7700

Guys as a travel buff and numismatic... I envy you! Hoping to catch up with you and all here in Canada soon...

It just a matter of time and all of us would cross the line soon.....till that time we all have each other to support.

You all help me stay sane and grounded!
Welcome anytime buddy. Traveling is such a pleasure, and waiting is the exact opposite :)

Reactions: chints333

tuhadapeo

Jul 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal -> Vancouver
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-12-2018
AOR Received.
04-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-01-2019
Guys, can you please tell me if we have to sign anywhere on the commercial invoice for the return label?
Just use UPS. Fedex is shitty when it comes to international shipment.

Edit: In my experience when I had applied for TRV.

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hey guys... I need an advice and so far I've found you guys to be way more helpful and informative than any lawyer I can get... so help a girl out please!

If my CEC express entry fail and my PSWP expires, can I reapply from overseas?

I've looked into Federal skilled worker and BC PNP, and I'm under the impression that I don't need to be working here to be eligible?

Here's what I have:
1. I've lived in Canada since 2011, my PSWP expires in 3 months
2. I've worked in NOC 1311 (B level) for 1 yr 3 months, and NOC 1111 (A level) for 2 years
3. Highest education: Bachelor degree
4. Have never been to any other countries aside from Canada (current residence) and Vietnam (birth place)

Any input would be really appreciated!!

Thank you all fam!
I am surprised by your statement that you find novice applicants more apt at responding to your questions than a licensed lawyer. Don't expect professionals to answer to your questions without you signing up or paying for their professional services.

Nevertheless, you can apply for CEC from anywhere, you don't have to be in Canada. You need to meet the CEC eligibility requirements to apply.

It is plain and simple.

Reactions: anas_alam

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hey guys... I need an advice and so far I've found you guys to be way more helpful and informative than any lawyer I can get... so help a girl out please!

I've looked into Federal skilled worker and BC PNP, and I'm under the impression that I don't need to be working here to be eligible?

Here's what I have:
2. I've worked in NOC 1311 (B level) for 1 yr 3 months, and NOC 1111 (A level) for 2 years
4. Have never been to any other countries aside from Canada (current residence) and Vietnam (birth place)

Thank you all fam!
I am surprised by your statement that you find novice applicants more apt at responding to your questions than a licensed lawyer. Don't expect professionals to answer to your questions without you signing up or paying for their professional services.

Nevertheless, you can apply for CEC from anywhere, you don't have to be in Canada. You need to meet the CEC eligibility requirements to apply.

It is plain and simple.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

Here's what I have:

Thank you all fam!

It is plain and simple.