+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

KamKC

Apr 25, 2019
Dec 3 AOR here. Its been 10 days more than 6 months and i still havent got my PPR.
I called CIC and they told application is approved on May 3 and its been more than 1 month it is not finalised yet.
Please suggest what should i do.

nitcanada

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Dec 3 AOR here. Its been 10 days more than 6 months and i still havent got my PPR.
I called CIC and they told application is approved on May 3 and its been more than 1 month it is not finalised yet.
Please suggest what should i do.
Just wait for some more time. MY DM was April 30 and got Landing Interview email today only.

Anpman

Apr 15, 2018
Hello all,
Today I received my COPR mail...
AOR-8th dec
Medical passed-23rd Jan
After tat no change in status, today directly I got the email finally and ask to submit passports in 30 days to New York office...
My wife is pregnant and baby is due in July...
1.How to inform cic abt pregnancy?
2.do I need to send passports now or should I wait for their instructions?
3.what will be procedure after informing cic about pregnancy? Will it delay my process of getting PR?
Thanx a lot in advance

canadaspire

Jul 8, 2018
Folks, I just received a PPR. Check out my signature for all the details. Thanks in advance for all the congratulatory messages and honestly, because all of us here have already come across so many posts offering profuse solace and motivation to be patient, in order to avoid redundancy to the maximum extent possible, I am just gonna say- Congratulations to all the successful applicants and Best of Luck to all the waiting applicants.
I was almost about to lose hope and was on the verge of starting a job when I got the first update- the one with the Background Check.

A word of advice for those who are planning to apply and might stumble upon this forum - Don't quit your job until you receive your PPR. In hindsight
leaving my work prior to PPR was not a wise decision and neither was my calculation of days for application approval. The dense forest of speculations has some nasty fruits!

And also because I have been a member of CanadaVisa's forum (which by the way does not get nearly enough credit for providing such an incredible platform for communication among applicants) for a while now, I thought I would provide some clarity on the ambiguity regarding payslips and validity of work experience which have raised many queries in the past.
1) I did not submit any pay stubs,
2) I gained my work experience (one year full time placement) while I was an international student in England. So I think its safe to say the work experience that you gained outside of Canada while you were a full time student does count; the job has to be full time though such as a placement. These are the same issues that I was unsure about even till the day before I received my PPR.
Hope this helps.

Regards.

chints333

Jan 11, 2019
india
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-12-2018
Folks, I just received a PPR. Check out my signature for all the details. Thanks in advance for all the congratulatory messages and honestly, because all of us here have already come across so many posts offering profuse solace and motivation to be patient, in order to avoid redundancy to the maximum extent possible, I am just gonna say- Congratulations to all the successful applicants and Best of Luck to all the waiting applicants.
I was almost about to lose hope and was on the verge of starting a job when I got the first update- the one with the Background Check.

A word of advice for those who are planning to apply and might stumble upon this forum - Don't quit your job until you receive your PPR. In hindsight
leaving my work prior to PPR was not a wise decision and neither was my calculation of days for application approval. The dense forest of speculations has some nasty fruits!

And also because I have been a member of CanadaVisa's forum (which by the way does not get nearly enough credit for providing such an incredible platform for communication among applicants) for a while now, I thought I would provide some clarity on the ambiguity regarding payslips and validity of work experience which have raised many queries in the past.
1) I did not submit any pay stubs,
2) I gained my work experience (one year full time placement) while I was an international student in England. So I think its safe to say the work experience that you gained outside of Canada while you were a full time student does count; the job has to be full time though such as a placement. These are the same issues that I was unsure about even till the day before I received my PPR.
Hope this helps.

Regards.
Many congratulations! All the best for new phase of life in Canada!

chints333

Jan 11, 2019
india
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-12-2018
Folks just received GCMS notes (ordered on 13 May) and they are exactly same as the one I got in mid- April ..Nothing has started..only info sharing is complete.

AOR - Dec 11, Primary VO- Ottawa, one of the secondary VO is Edmonton...

Double trouble I guess!

I do not expect anything till August now.. lost all hope

chints333

Jan 11, 2019
india
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-12-2018
Hi guys,

I completed a week over my 6 months and raised a web form. Today, I received the following reply which is same as my ircc profile status of only Medical passed.

I wonder for 6 months my eligibility has not been verified?? Is this possible??

Is this general reply copied from our ircc profile or through web form we do get latest updates??

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your application for permanent residence:

· Your application was received via your account on December 6, 2018.

· Your application is currently being processed at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario.

· The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied, you may be contacted via your accountif additional information is needed.
The background verifications are not in process yet.
The medical examination results on file are valid for you andyour spouse.

While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

Please consult our website for more information on what to expect after you apply and how you can verify the status of your application in your account.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Download application forms and guidesChange of addressCheck your application statusHelp Centre - To find answers, you may consult the different sections or type keywords related to your question.

Sincerely,
It is possible..Dec 11 AOR nothing started

chints333

Jan 11, 2019
india
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-12-2018
I am pretty confident IRCC counts the number of days (not months) to arrive at the true duration of a position. They would glean this information from the actual start and end dates provided in your work reference letter or otherwise made available to them via pay stubs or other forms of evidence. I'm not sure if that answers your question.
Thanks.. I have asked the past employer to provide reference letter and propose to submit it along with LOE.. anyways GCMS notes as on Mid May indicates nothing has started!!

Reactions: derkdsou

ramanbhatti

Mar 16, 2018
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-11-2018
AOR Received.
1-12-2018
Med's Done....
11-01-2019
Passport Req..
05-07-2019
Your application is taking us longer than usual to process.
welcome to the club boys
Welcome from the senior members... 193rd day today..

And our watch continues......

nali23

Star Member
Jun 4, 2019
Firstly, don't be disheartened!

Waiting after medical is common; Processing time going in now is around 6 months.

Wait and watch and Patience is the key here :)

you can call CIC and ask application status too.
thanks for your kind words..its already been about 7 months now..i heard that they are taking longer for spouses who are in pakistan-not fair :(

Reactions: Apurv

angelica2019

May 31, 2019
Congratulations to those who have got their golden mails!
I try to stay away from all those anxiety for a while and lower my expectations a bit.
Based on current trends, it is normal to not hear from IRCC within six month, so if PPR arrives within six months, it is a nice surprise; if not, I won't lose my mind.

Reactions: derkdsou

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
+1

I just got Friendzoned by Canada this morning.

Congratulations to those who have got their golden mails!
I try to stay away from all those anxiety for a while and lower my expectations a bit.
Based on current trends, it is normal to not hear from IRCC within six month, so if PPR arrives within six months, it is a nice surprise; if not, I won't lose my mind.