+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

Chintubantu

Aug 11, 2018
Urgent Help required!

Received an ADR today with a note that passport validity should be 6 months.
AOR : Dec 28th 2018
MEP: Feb 11 2019

However my passport is expiring in 4 months.
What are my options here ? I can start my passport renewal process but am guessing that would take atleast a month from now to complete and my deadline to submit ADR is June 19th.

I live in USA and Can someone please help ?

Last edited:

Pura Vida

Oct 10, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Schedule A
Nomination.....
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
25-12-2018
Med's Done....
13-02-2019
Passport Req..
November 18th 2019
Urgent Help required!

What are my options here ? I can start my passport renewal process but am guessing that would take atleast a month from now to complete and my deadline to submit ADR is June 19th.

Can someone please help ?
Why didn't you renew it before ADR? Anyway, you should renew it asap, you can explain to the police office or the embassy if you live abroad where that it is important for you and it should be done quickly. I hope that it can be done fast. If you wont be able to have it before the 19th then you must send the receipt of your renewal request and justify to IRCC that it will need more time to have it. I know someone who renewed his PP in few hours but things change from country to another. Another candidate who was asked about it, he sent the renewal request receipt stamped and dated as a proof of the process then send them the copy of the new pp, he had fortunately one day later his CoPR.

Reactions: derkdsou

Chintubantu

Aug 11, 2018
Why didn't you renew it before ADR? Anyway, you should renew it asap, you can explain to the police office or the embassy if you live abroad where that it is important for you and it should be done quickly. I hope that it can be done fast. If you wont be able to have it before the 19th then you must send the receipt of your renewal request and justify to IRCC that it will need more time to have it. I know someone who renewed his PP in few hours but things change from country to another. Another candidate who was asked about it, he sent the renewal request receipt stamped and dated as a proof of the process then send them the copy of the new pp, he had fortunately one day later his CoPR.
Thank you for the response. Very unfortunate that we were not aware that its mandatory to have 6 months validity. I live in UsA and it seems tatkal process requires atleast 15 to 20 days in USA. Since I do not have much time, just worrying if the renewal receipt request could be sufficient or not.

Reactions: Pura Vida

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Urgent Help required!

Can someone please help ?
Which country do you live in? There is always an option of express passport service in which you can get the passport in 1 week.

Reactions: Pura Vida

Pura Vida

Oct 10, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Schedule A
Nomination.....
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
25-12-2018
Med's Done....
13-02-2019
Passport Req..
November 18th 2019
I live in USA and it seems in USA it takes around 15 to 20 days for the renewal
Look, do your best, keep the receipt witv you until the 18th. If by then the pp is not ready then write an LoE with the scanned copy of receipt. Once you have the pp email it immed. It will work.

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Look, do your best, keep the receipt witv you until the 18th. If by then the pp is not ready then write an LoE with the scanned copy of receipt. Once you have the pp email it immed. It will work.
I agree, and find out a way. I feel every country has some emergency or express way for this, these days.