+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

hanchoupi

May 14, 2019
Just called IRCC. Eligibility still processing, and security has not started yet. December 3rd AOR.....only 3 days left :(
VO Ottawa

Mk786

Star Member
Sep 12, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Pretoria
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-12-2018
File Transfer...
07.02.2019 file sent to LVO
Med's Done....
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
29 May 2019
Don't lose hope...we all will get that " so called Golden Mail" eventually....I had my birthday last month but I didn't celebrated because I was sure that I would celebrate my birthday in Canada this year lol.... so i thought what's there to celebrate...28 years old.. unmarried,, left job,,,no PPR.... just a financial burden on parents....
Please don't despair. Keep strong. I resigned from my job last week after I got sme issues at work (had lost interest in this wait) and I was completely down, was about to look for another job as I had lost hope as well And finaly ppr came in day before yesterday which revived me. I support u guys in the wait, not leaving this forum anytime soon

deeptheexplorer

May 11, 2019
It will not impact your PR, as you are the PA.

However, read these cases for a general understanding of the law:

Dhaliwal v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2016 FC 131 (CanLII) - https://www.canlii.org/en/ca/fct/doc/2016/2016fc131/2016fc131.html?searchUrlHash=AAAAAQAScXVlYmVjIGludGVudCBGU1cgAAAAAAE&resultIndex=2
Thank you so much @legalfalcon . Everytime I read your reply, I get to know new things. However, I have decided not to go for a Study Permit. It's not worth paying as an international candidate. I really hope to receive PPR by 22nd. August, (8.5 months from AOR) which is the last date for deferral of admission for my wife. If it doesn't come, unfortunately, she would have to lose an academic year!

Reactions: JD20

vvs87

May 13, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-12-2018
Med's Done....
31-01-2019
Hang in there everyone. Hope this friday brings good news to folks with PPR’s sent out :)

Reactions: nitcanada

Garima2703

Star Member
Jan 4, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2018
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
I finally called IRCC. VO-Ottawa but background check has not even started yet.Not even criminality check.
But the agent was very polite and said that it is weird to see that a file which has completed 6months has no status update and told me that he will write a note to processing office about this.
Hopefully something happens now. Fingers crossed :);)

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Please don't feel offended as per my knowledge. I know people are talking about this, but everyone has to go via security which involves CBSA, the only exception can be when a person cleared security during a temporary visa application recently (that means the security was already done during that process). People coming from UK/US etc will not spend much time on this stage as they have ties with Canada and security can be easily verified.
This link clearly states that every immigrant's security is checked. https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/security-securite/screen-verific-eng.html
Not every file goes to CBSA, from what i read, only the files that are randomly chosen (No idea how they choose) for security screening goes there.

Reactions: Shahanastar

rjacob

Star Member
Dec 28, 2018
So, I just got off the phone with IRCC, and they gave me the same sob story about how I'm not the only one who is waiting, IRCC has hired a number of new program officers that are catching up, blah blah blah. When I quizzed him on why there hasn't been any progress on my application since the 7th of Feb (when my eligibility was met), he said it was likely because CBSA had put a temporary halt to IRCC sending them new cases to process before they can work through their existing backlog, which explains why criminality and/or security have not yet started for so many applicants. It seems the new call center approach is to blame CBSA.

I called them today and got connected to a rude one. Even before he took my details, he was adamant that he wouldn't be able to tell me anything more than what I already knew. And he stuck to that stance throughout. When I asked him my Visa office, he said, "I can't even tell you that since it keeps changing and our information is not updated".
Interestingly, he said "we become experts only after the 6 month period has expired". So I asked him, assuming I need to call you after 6 months, what would be different, to which he said, "we can raise a request to the concerned Officer."
Now god knows what that request would entail. I guess I'll try calling again next week, hoping to get a nicer person on the other side.

AOR - 11/12/2018
Medicals Passed - 23/01/2019
No update since then.

Last edited:

hashter12

Jan 7, 2019
Guys please tell me about the system of London visa office. Is it slow because on my call to CIC i was told by the agent the as the case is being processed outside canada he cannot confirm me anything.

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Sometimes we get a rude call center agent - when it happened to me I went through the motions politely, hung up and called right back. I got a better agent. Sorry this one didn't work out.

I called them today and got connected to a rude one. Even before he took my details, he was adamant that he wouldn't be able to tell me anything more than what I already knew. And he stuck to that stance throughout. When I asked him my Visa office, he said, "I can't even tell you that since it keeps changing and our information is not updated".
Interestingly, he said "we become experts only after the 6 month period has expired". So I asked him, assuming I need to call you after 6 months, what would be different, to which he said, "we can raise a request to the concerned Officer."
Now god knows what that request would entail. I guess I'll try calling again next week, hoping to get a nicer person on the other side.

AOR - 11/12/2018
Medicals Passed - 23/01/2019
No update since then.

Reactions: mumbaikar88

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
I know all about that terrible thing - security screening. Never speak these words again. They never refer to Voldemort by his name in Harry Potter for a reason! The weird thing is a lot of people abbreviate 'security screening' as SS, which is also short for the secret service of Germany under the Nazis! I don't mean to make light of it, but the first I heard about the Gestapo was on the BBC comedy show Allo Allo from the 80s where all the actors are English but, as the show is set in occupied Vichy during WWII, play the part of the Gestapo and English pilots and the French resistance, all speaking in their respective accents in English.

I digressed. But it's a hilarious show and you should check it out.

Something like that, unfortunately the outcome is not pleasing here. Read through the following comments from legalfalcon on this
"This is a generic response. However, it indicated that your security is underway. Usually, security takes 1-2 months. But, for some applicants they may be in something called a security screening, which can take 6 months to a year. If you have exceeded 2 months post eligibility, then your likelihood is high to be in SS.
To read on this, I write an elaborate post on the CV forum, see https://www.canadavisa.com/.../the-anatomy-of-a.../
Further, CBSA, CSIS , RCMP and Ministry of Public Safety are involved in SS. Most important of them are CBSA and CSIS. While you cannot do much about this, but you can request CBSA and CSIS notes to see when these agencies started your SS and if they have concluded their involvement in your processing."

So security screening is the worst nightmare. Hope no one here will go through this

Whiletime

May 3, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Don't lose hope...we all will get that " so called Golden Mail" eventually....I had my birthday last month but I didn't celebrated because I was sure that I would celebrate my birthday in Canada this year lol.... so i thought what's there to celebrate...28 years old.. unmarried,, left job,,,no PPR.... just a financial burden on parents....
I'm in the same boat. Jobless, 28 and a birthday next month which has nothing to celebrate about. Just when I thought I had my career in order, I grossly miscalculated PPR timelines. Every day my dad asks me if I got the email, I don't even know what to tell him :(

kdr91

Star Member
May 7, 2019
I know all about that terrible thing - security screening. Never speak these words again. They never refer to Voldemort by his name in Harry Potter for a reason! The weird thing is a lot of people abbreviate 'security screening' as SS, which is also short for the secret service of Germany under the Nazis! I don't mean to make light of it, but the first I heard about the Gestapo was on the BBC comedy show Allo Allo from the 80s where all the actors are English but, as the show is set in occupied Vichy during WWII, play the part of the Gestapo and English pilots and the French resistance, all speaking in their respective accents in English.

I digressed. But it's a hilarious show and you should check it out.
SS looks damn strange to me... exactly reminds me Nazis :C

Reactions: Pura Vida