Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-12-2018
Med's Done....
04-02-2019
Passport Req..
18-07-2019
My cic account has been changed to APPROVED. Yey! Still waiting for my passport tho.

Hoping this to happen to every applicants on this thread.
Hi Jommie,

Did you pass the NA2 and IP2 stages? Or you went straight from IP1 to PPR? Thanks.

mananmehta218

Aug 30, 2018
Hi All...

I called up IRCC today and they said that my case is close to final decision. Then I asked status for each stage and he said that I passed all the stages including - Eligibility, Criminality and Background Check; however system is not updated and still shows IP2.

Then I also asked him about expected timelines of PR confirmation email but the guy responded that it can come anytime within next month before June 21st (when my 6 months are getting over).

I am wondering why I am not getting approval email when all the stages are passed.
Hi, Lovely to hear about a positive response on your profile, you shall soon get an email.
I have been trying to call IRCC on +1-613-944-4000 . Is it the correct number i am dialing?? Pls help

Reactions: JD20

jay.pipalia

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
GUJARAT, INDIA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Ontario
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
26-12-2018
AOR Received.
26-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-02-2019
Passport Req..
18-05-2019
Hello guys..
I have a query for post PPR.

I'm about to get COPR and planning to travel in July.
Now, the question is that,

is it necessary to land first at Toronto only, for immigration and then move to ultimate destination?

Or

is it possible to land at Ottawa international airport(my ultimate destination) and complete immigration there instead of Toronto?

I'm confused as many said that wherever you want to go, you must land at Toronto for the first time to complete immigration and then you can travel further.

I'm FSW-O applicant under Express Entry.

I would really appreciate your help guys @USProgrammer, @legalfalcon, @Peacekeeper87

Thanks in advance.

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
You can fly directly to Ottawa and complete your landing there without any trouble. It's totally misleading to suggest one can land only in Toronto.

Landing even in Quebec should be fine, according to @legalfalcon's post.

Hello guys..

is it necessary to land first at Toronto only, for immigration and then move to ultimate destination?

Or

is it possible to land at Ottawa international airport(my ultimate destination) and complete immigration there instead of Toronto?

I'm confused as many said that wherever you want to go, you must land at Toronto for the first time to complete immigration and then you can travel further.

I would really appreciate your help guys @USProgrammer, @legalfalcon, @Peacekeeper87

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Click on the How to Call IRCC link in my signature. If you're on a phone and can't see my signature, turn your phone sideways.

Hi, Lovely to hear about a positive response on your profile, you shall soon get an email.
I have been trying to call IRCC on +1-613-944-4000 . Is it the correct number i am dialing?? Pls help

Reactions: mumbaikar88

jay.pipalia

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
GUJARAT, INDIA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Ontario
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
26-12-2018
AOR Received.
26-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-02-2019
Passport Req..
18-05-2019
You can fly directly to Ottawa and complete your landing there without any trouble. It's totally misleading to suggest one can land only in Toronto.
Thanks a lot for prompt reply.
I really appreciate it.:)

Goyalharsh85

Dec 12, 2018
Hello all,

My details are as below:
Aor:27th dec
Mep: 18th Feb

The file is in ip1 since then and there has been no movement. I raised a query on the status through web form and got below response:

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your file is currently located at theCase Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry."

What should I understand from this reply, ni

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello guys..

Or

Thanks in advance.
You can land anywhere, including Quebec. Your first destination where you enter Canada will be the place where you get your immigration formalities done.

If you are flying directly to Ottawa, then your immigration formalities will be done there.

If you are flying to Ottawa via, Montreal, or Toronto, or any other POE, your immigration will be done there.

jay.pipalia

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
GUJARAT, INDIA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Ontario
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
26-12-2018
AOR Received.
26-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-02-2019
Passport Req..
18-05-2019
Just don't land in Quebec. I edited my original post; not sure if you saw that.
Yup. I saw that. I am planning within Ontario only so that won't be a problem.

jay.pipalia

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
GUJARAT, INDIA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Ontario
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
26-12-2018
AOR Received.
26-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-02-2019
Passport Req..
18-05-2019
You can land anywhere, including Quebec. Your first destination where you enter Canada will be the place where you get your immigration formalities done.

If you are flying directly to Ottawa, then your immigration formalities will be done there.

If you are flying to Ottawa via, Montreal, or Toronto, or any other POE, your immigration will be done there.
I got it.
Thanks a lot.:)

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Just don't land in Quebec. I edited my original post; not sure if you saw that.
You can land at any port of entry including Quebec.

As long as you do not intend to settle there, unless you are a QC nominee, you can land in QC.

The law states, that to settle in QC, you have to have a nomination from QC. However, the PoEs are controlled by federal agencies, and Montreal is a big airport, where many flights, especially from Europe, land and are very cheap.

The CBSA officer will ask you the address or destination where you wish to travel, and as long as it is not in QC, there are no issues. You also do not need any tickets to provide you intent.

Rahul.Tech16

Dec 14, 2018
Thanks brother,
Do not lose hope, patience is the key.
The more you check your email/gcKey
The more you get tensed. It’ll come when it’s time. I just sent my passport to Ottawa Office via express post. I pray that this day come to you and everyone waiting eagerly very soon. :)
Thanks bro! Hope it comes soon

Reactions: anas_alam

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Good to know! Thank you. I have corrected my posts to include this information.

You can land at any port of entry including Quebec.

As long as you do not intend to settle there, unless you are a QC nominee, you can land in QC.

The law states, that to settle in QC, you have to have a nomination from QC. However, the PoEs are controlled by federal agencies, and Montreal is a big airport, where many flights, especially from Europe, land and are very cheap.

The CBSA officer will ask you the address or destination where you wish to travel, and as long as it is not in QC, there are no issues. You also do not need any tickets to provide you intent.

Reactions: USProgrammer