App. Filed.......
30-11-2018
AOR Received.
1-12-2018
Med's Done....
11-01-2019
Passport Req..
05-07-2019
It's been at-least three months since I last checked my status. Below is what I see today. I'm not sure what is going on, should I call them?
my AOR is Dec 4th. MEP sometime in mid Jan(when I last checked it)

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
DOn’t worry... my aor is 1 dec and my status is same as you... we can do nothing except wait.. Most of the Indian applicants are in the same boat.. we can expect something at the end of april i think may be a background check... we just have to keep patience..

Reactions: gurjeetgill
Apr 4, 2019
Hi All. This is my first post in the group and starting off on a happy note.

I received the PPR (Ready for Visa) email yesterday April 3rd (added all other details in signature) and the email is from CPC-Ottawa. I was working in Singapore when I lodged the PR application in Dec 2018 while now I moved back to India.

In the PPR email which I received I have been informed if I am in Canada to submit the passport, photo and Appendix A&B documents to Ottawa else if I am outside Canada to submit to Canada High Commission in Singapore via the Visa Application Center. I spoke to the IRCC agent on March 10th and she informed my application was with CPC-Ottawa then hence I assume my end-to-end processing happened there.
I did raise a CSE form updating my India address in March 2019 as well.

Now I am wondering which VFS center (VAC) I need to submit my documents, if I submit in India then my documents would be sent by VFS to the Canada High Commission in New Delhi (India) and I am not sure if unannounced I could send them the passport or would they mediate with Canada High Commission in Singapore? Contacted VFS yesterday they weren't of much help either.

I have sent an email to CPC-O, NDVO, SGVO (who promptly responded they don't have the application with them to decide), while the CPC-O and NDVO have not responded yet.

Would like to seek suggestions from the group on this. Thanks.

Last edited:

tuhadapeo

Jul 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal -> Vancouver
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-12-2018
AOR Received.
04-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-01-2019
DOn’t worry... my aor is 1 dec and my status is same as you... we can do nothing except wait.. Most of the Indian applicants are in the same boat.. we can expect something at the end of april i think may be a background check... we just have to keep patience..
@ramanbhatti - Thanks for sharing your status. I'm not too worried just yet but was just curious seeing results from the tracker. Looks like most of the folks who received PPR recently had secondary applicants. Oh well, I guess I'll just snooze for another month or two.

anas_alam

Mar 23, 2019
Karachi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
20-01-2019
Submitted passport at VFS Islamabad yesterday. Just got a text saying my app is under process at the local IRCC office. BTW, does anyone know if applications from Pakistan are processed within Pakistan or outside? CIC's website says they're sent to a visa office in Abu Dhabi but VFS' tracking messages suggest that mine was sent to an office in Islamabad where it's current being processed.
Congratulations, when was your AOR???

tanzeel725

Jan 27, 2018
Profile updated. Application approved. CIC taking amphetamines apparently, judging by the speed they're working at. 3 months from AOR to PPR, 1 day between submitting passport and approved application back in transit to VAC.

Reactions: anas_alam

Sereena13

Jan 30, 2019
Profile updated. Application approved. CIC taking amphetamines apparently, judging by the speed they're working at. 3 months from AOR to PPR, 1 day between submitting passport and approved application back in transit to VAC.
What is your AOR and stream? Are you inland or outland?

lurdy

Star Member
Aug 12, 2017
Abuja
I was told eligibility met and that my file is awaiting a final review by a senior officer to be passed. so eligibility met and recommended passed are same
No its not exactly....u see eligibility recommended pass is given by a junior officer whereas, eligibility met is given by a senior officer having reviewed the recommendation of the junior officer and considering that the recommendation is inline with their expectations. However the agent i spoke to sai in most cases i.e 9/10 the senior officer follows the recommendation ofthe junior officer.

Therefore, eligibility recommended pass is more likely going to result in eligibility met after review by the senior officer.

Gracious

Elisa78

Jul 3, 2017
I was told eligibility met and that my file is awaiting a final review by a senior officer to be passed. so eligibility met and recommended passed are same
congrats man. thats fast...below the 125 day average. and thanks for chart yesterday

Daddytj

Star Member
Feb 24, 2019
Doc's Request.
26-12-2018
AOR Received.
26-12-2018
Both eligibility met and recommended pass are positive indications. Has your security started?

JacobB

Mar 25, 2019
Category........
FSW
After the rejection, I had more photos taken at Walgreens this time. The original visa photographs guy was really rude about his pictures being rejected and couldn't get the background to look white and just refunded me in an angry huff.

The Walgreens photos look good to me but we had to manually cut them so they're not perfectly rectangular, so I don't know what's going to happen. I overnighted them to Ottawa and they'll arrive tomorrow.

I sent the tracking number as requested via email reply.
I wish you the best of luck with the second set of photos. Thankfully the ones I took at my local Walgreens weren't rejected, but it turns out that the return label I had sent through FedEx was. I had originally set the return to be delivered and held at the local FedEx office but I was requested to make a new shipping label and have it delivered to my home address.

The good news is the return tracker was activated this morning so barring any major delays I should have my CoPR in my hands by tomorrow.

Best of luck to everyone still in waiting, I hope your updates all come soon!

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
I wish you the best of luck with the second set of photos. Thankfully the ones I took at my local Walgreens weren't rejected, but it turns out that the return label I had sent through FedEx was. I had originally set the return to be delivered and held at the local FedEx office but I was requested to make a new shipping label and have it delivered to my home address.

The good news is the return tracker was activated this morning so barring any major delays I should have my CoPR in my hands by tomorrow.

Best of luck to everyone still in waiting, I hope your updates all come soon!
Did your Walgreens have a 50x70 cutter? If so, where is it?

Mine had to manually cut and it's not perfectly rectangular. I fear a second rejection.

MarcioSilva

Aug 27, 2018
It's been at-least three months since I last checked my status. Below is what I see today. I'm not sure what is going on, should I call them?
my AOR is Dec 4th. MEP sometime in mid Jan(when I last checked it)

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Same here... No updates rather that this stage. Boring waiting, but it is what it is.