+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

Aug 1, 2018
After reading many posts on this thread I also went to Walgreens, but they said they removed the Canadian PR picture specifications from their software after seeing increased rejections. Walgreens in Mountain View and Sunnyvale said the same thing. I checked at CVS and FedEx as well. But no luck. Eventually, I found a professional photographer on Yelp who specializes in taking Canada PR photos. He also had a photography studio stamp and date stamp which made things easier. He charged $40 for 8 photos of me and my spouse. I would suggest you find a professional photographer in your area.
Costco would be a right option.

Reactions: ladyday and Daddytj
Aug 1, 2018
Hi Santosh, i also came across same msg today but got thru after 5 tries. Just try again.
Hi sathyas,

I used the below options :

If you dial the 613 # outside of Canada, you can use these options (wait until it's ready to accept an option): 1 1 1. Then you'll get transferred to IRCC (the same as the 888 # inside Canada and you'll hear a male voice). Then you can use options 2 1 1 0 to get to an operator "fast" (it's the family sponsorship information menu tree but it goes to the same phone operators).

the outcome is tollfree number you are reaching is not available in your calling area .............any suggestions how to proceed ?
I tried may be more than 10 times

lurdy

Star Member
Aug 12, 2017
Abuja
Is eligibility recommended passed the same as eligibility met?
Hi,

I am in similar situation with regards to eligibility recommended pass.

Aor 26 dec 2018

Med pass n ip2 7th feb done on 11th feb.

Criminality done
Eligibility recommended pass
Security not started as at 1st of feb 2019

According to the agent,

Last activity was on the 11th of march 2019 when the junior officer recommended eligibility pass.

However a senior officer still has to give final approval before it would be fully passed. So i think its totally normal

lurdy

Star Member
Aug 12, 2017
Abuja
Hi,

I am in similar situation with regards to eligibility recommended pass.

Aor 26 dec 2018

Med pass n ip2 7th feb done on 11th feb.

Criminality done
Eligibility recommended pass
Security not started as at 1st of feb 2019

According to the agent,

Last activity was on the 11th of march 2019 when the junior officer recommended eligibility pass.

However a senior officer still has to give final approval before it would be fully passed. So i think its totally normal

Sathyas

Mar 21, 2019
Hi sathyas,

I used the below options :

If you dial the 613 # outside of Canada, you can use these options (wait until it's ready to accept an option): 1 1 1. Then you'll get transferred to IRCC (the same as the 888 # inside Canada and you'll hear a male voice). Then you can use options 2 1 1 0 to get to an operator "fast" (it's the family sponsorship information menu tree but it goes to the same phone operators).

the outcome is tollfree number you are reaching is not available in your calling area .............any suggestions how to proceed ?
I tried may be more than 10 times
Hi Santosh,

I followed the same instructions. Since its two different call servers we sometimes face these errors.
I kept trying even after getting that message. I asked the IRCC agent about this and she said if the line is busy we get that message sometimes because we are connected from global affairs office to IRCC.
Try in between 8 am and 11am bit less call traffic

Last edited:

Daddytj

Star Member
Feb 24, 2019
Doc's Request.
26-12-2018
AOR Received.
26-12-2018
No its not exactly....u see eligibility recommended pass is given by a junior officer whereas, eligibility met is given by a senior officer having reviewed the recommendation of the junior officer and considering that the recommendation is inline with their expectations. However the agent i spoke to sai in most cases i.e 9/10 the senior officer follows the recommendation ofthe junior officer.

Therefore, eligibility recommended pass is more likely going to result in eligibility met after review by the senior officer.

Gracious

Reactions: knight17

vbedi

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Not the news I wanted to see today. They didn't even say which one had the problem (PA + 1 dependent), nor what exactly the problem is. Do I just go back to the same visa photograph place and hope for the best?? Also, they didn't spell "Permanent" correctly in English.
-----
Dear Applicant,

This letter is in response to the documents you submitted to our office for the issuance of your Confirmation of Permanente Residence.

The passport photos you have submitted to our office do not meet the specifications outlined in the instructions provided to you. Therefore, new passport photos are required for the finalization of your Permanent Residence application process.

Please follow the guide below and bring the instructions to the photographer in order to ensure you purchase the correct passport photos. Once completed, Resend your new photos IMMEDIATELY in order for us to issue your Confirmation of Permanente Residence.

Please provide tracking number of the parcel within the next 7 days after the date of this correspondence by replying to it. If we do not receive your reply we will return your passport and other documents we received using the return envelope you have provided.
Try going to Costco, I'm not sure in the states, but here in Canada , I got my photos done in Costco and they already had all the specifications and how to stamp the back of the photo etc. as a standard process and didn't take much time to do it

Divyashree14

Mar 6, 2019
Hi, sorry if I'm using the wrong thread. Have a question regarding the financial documents that needs to be applied after we get the ITA.
1) Should all the accounts that is being owned be listed, or only the account in which we would want to show the sufficient balance be mentioned in the letter that we get from the bank? Say I have both checking and savings account but I would want to show only my savings account, since I have been moving everything to it from my checking. So, I don't have any balance in my checking, Should I still show that?
2) All outstanding debts such as credit cards and loans, would it just be from the financial institution that I'm taking the letter from or will they even consider other debts such as credit cards which is from a different financial institution.

Reactions: Daddytj

cicworld

Mar 30, 2019
Submitted passport at VFS Islamabad yesterday. Just got a text saying my app is under process at the local IRCC office. BTW, does anyone know if applications from Pakistan are processed within Pakistan or outside? CIC's website says they're sent to a visa office in Abu Dhabi but VFS' tracking messages suggest that mine was sent to an office in Islamabad where it's current being processed.
What case did you apply for?

cicworld

Mar 30, 2019
I'm from Mauritius, which is an island forming part of the African continent and I applied for PR in December 2018. Shouldnt I technically be asked for biometrics? Inland CEC single. Still no update or letter asking for one since MEP. I'm worried that I'm missing somethin since ppl get asked for bio soon after MEP.
Normally they ask for biometrics right after the MEP. You might get it later

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
After the rejection, I had more photos taken at Walgreens this time. The original visa photographs guy was really rude about his pictures being rejected and couldn't get the background to look white and just refunded me in an angry huff.

The Walgreens photos look good to me but we had to manually cut them so they're not perfectly rectangular, so I don't know what's going to happen. I overnighted them to Ottawa and they'll arrive tomorrow.

I sent the tracking number as requested via email reply.