+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

Sylvia09

Aug 11, 2018
AOR Received.
18-12-2018
Med's Done....
30-01-2019
Hello. I wonder if anybody could help me on my concern of past membership of the communist party. On LOE I explained that I was just a low-ranking nobody at the party and I never got involved in any political objectives whatsoever. Will this result in a rejection? Or maybe extremely long background check? I'm FSW inland and I heard usually inland can move a bit quicker. But I'm waiting for quite a while without any updates. So I'm getting worried if it's because of this membership of the party.

bonnetmacaque

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
Reactions: USProgrammer

Ahmed_E

Star Member
Jan 20, 2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
I think it's a pretty crappy policy too. We all put in the information for free. I think the information itself should be downloadable for free.
I am not sure this is relevant, but you can actually copy/paste data from myimmitracker, just select the fields you want, copy, and they will be added to the clipboard. The thing is the fields won't be highlighted and you won't be able to see any animated selection so it gives the impression that nothing happened.

Last edited:

tanzeel725

Jan 27, 2018
Submitted passport at VFS Islamabad yesterday. Just got a text saying my app is under process at the local IRCC office. BTW, does anyone know if applications from Pakistan are processed within Pakistan or outside? CIC's website says they're sent to a visa office in Abu Dhabi but VFS' tracking messages suggest that mine was sent to an office in Islamabad where it's current being processed.

Jenkawkc

Jan 8, 2019
If you're inland IRCC may not require you to provide your biometrics, according to this. This may change at some point in 2019.
I'm from Mauritius, which is an island forming part of the African continent and I applied for PR in December 2018. Shouldnt I technically be asked for biometrics? Inland CEC single. Still no update or letter asking for one since MEP. I'm worried that I'm missing somethin since ppl get asked for bio soon after MEP.

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
I'm from Mauritius, which is an island forming part of the African continent and I applied for PR in December 2018. Shouldnt I technically be asked for biometrics? Inland CEC single. Still no update or letter asking for one since MEP. I'm worried that I'm missing somethin since ppl get asked for bio soon after MEP.
Were you asked to pay for biometrics at the time of submitting your application?

Sereena13

Jan 30, 2019
Any knowledge, wisdom or general guessing work anybody wants to pass on the below?

Just called IRCC again for an update... (I got through to the call line bang on 8am when they opened, wait time was noted at approx. 7 mins and was about right.

Last time I spoke to them on 15th March my application had moved from CIO Sydney to Edmonton. The lady then noted it was to help with some of the processing and my application would likely go back to CIO or LVO for approval so there would be another move with my application to expect. At that point she also noted Criminality, Security and Eligibility were all In progress.

Today... the lady I spoke with said my application has now moved back to CIO Sydney (this moved on 21st March). Updated status' were as follows:
Criminality - in progress
Security - not started (different to what I was told a few weeks ago)
Eligibility - Recommended Pass

Question on Eligibility - I thought this was only passed at point of PPR?