+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

jokulpapa

May 17, 2018
I was told that rprf was to be paid while submitting the docs post ITA... i dint know you can do it later as well...
Hi Neelam,

Does your profile show an acknowledgment receipt for RPRF under 'Messages About Your Profile'?
In my profile where it lists out 'Messages About Your Profile,' the last update is, request letter for RPRF but after that, there is no update. Should I expect the payment receipt like AOR.

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Yes, true, I agree that the arrogance of Parisian Frenchies stands in the way of a lot of people wanting to learn the language. But at the same time they are easily flattered that anyone has made more than a passing effort to learn their language. Given what you're saying, I suppose they have a double standard for people who (they believe) "ought" to speak French fluently, such as people from francophone countries like yourself.

In any case, thanks for the opportunity to talk about something other than PPR predictions! :D

Yeah I guess it depends on each one's experience and what language one originally speaks.

However, being exposed to both of them at a very early age, I personally found English to be a walk in the park.
No accents. No gender. No auxiliaries. No verb Groups! and come on... there are even rules and exceptions for words and verbs when borrowed from other language for god sake :D And what's up with "Qu'est ce que c'est que ça"? Oh, and "You" is "You" in English. In French, it can either be "Tu" if informal, and "Vous" if formal, each one with its rules of conjugation, grammar, and set of exceptions... That might not seem big, but imagine a 100% beginner.

You gotta say that for someone to fully master French, one either needs to have been regularly exposed to it early in life, or had deep integration with native speakers for a long time. I come from a country where English is very far from even being the 2nd language. But with basic speaking skills, I swear I've had friends pick it up through 4 years of college, Netflix binge-watching, and now speak it fluently! Movies and shows are how I picked up on English actually... Can't really do that with French, because you simple cannot "hear" the conjugation, or whether the word takes an "S" at the end. :D

After going to French school my whole life, I today sometimes still have to look up whether this or that verb takes an "S" at the end :D Just to be 100% sure. Man you just don't have that in English!

I do agree with the idea that English is a dynamic language, and I believe that's exactly what makes it accessible to many tongues, because it's very international and open. French on the other hand will not accept a single rule unless it was approved by 'L'Académie Française", a self-proclaimed guardian of French authenticity. :D They are extremely reluctant to change, and are unruly when it comes to adapting to today's world. English on the other hand, it's constantly evolving along with the mass!

But besides grammar, I really think English has a major advantage. Real-life usability and adaptability...

I mean English sure has its little grammar gimmicks here and there like any other language, but they are not that often respected and nobody will ever look at you in a weird way because you said "I wish I was faster' rather than "I wish I were faster". Go to Paris and say "J'aurais aimé été plus rapide" :D See the looks you'll have to face...

English speakers are very tolerant to twisting some rules here and there to adapt old ways of saying things, and just talk how it makes sense the most. French... not really.
Just look at how they are intolerant to Quebec French when used in France. They look at them like they come straight from a freak show.

The way French people simply pretend to not understand you when you make a mistake, makes mastering the language even harder. I've had many friends struggle with it...

About homographs and homonymes, I guess they are just common to any latin-based language.

arslan1990

Mar 12, 2019
Hey guys,

I am trying to contact cic but everytime it goes to automatic answer ,we are unable to attend your call due to high volume of calls.

Contact No:- ‪+16139444000‬

What should I do?

Ghanada_

Mar 28, 2019
AOR - 12 DEC
RPRF PAID - 8 FEB
Still at IP1
Same as mine but paid rprf 10th Feb... now they are still reviewing the proof of payment and doing my background and eligibility check since 1st March. But I saw somewhere that if you have multiple employers it takes about 2 months

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
That's entirely typical. Sometimes I've had to try 10 times before I was put in a queue to speak to a human! Click on the link in my signature on how to call and what options to select - I know it will save you a lot of time on each attempt doing it this way.

Hey guys,
I am trying to contact cic but everytime it goes to automatic answer ,we are unable to attend your call due to high volume of calls.
Contact No:- ‪+16139444000‬
What should I do?

arslan1990

Mar 12, 2019
That's entirely typical. Sometimes I've had to try 10 times before I was put in a queue to speak to a human! Click on the link in my signature on how to call and what options to select - I know it will save you a lot of time on each attempt doing it this way.
THANKYOU.

Reactions: derkdsou

nanda.uday92

Oct 14, 2018
Can people who are not married use the family sponsorship menu tree for calling IRCC?

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Can people who are not married use the family sponsorship menu tree for calling IRCC?
Yes. It goes to the same representatives, but you don't have to input all the application data and listen to the response.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind going through the "correct" route if it didn't say "too busy to put you in the queue" 70% of the time.