+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

Ghanada_

Mar 28, 2019
Your thoughts become things, stay positive!
The wait is so crazy... my contract ended in September that is why I expressed my interest in EE. Now I was asked to come for a new contract next month which will require me to work for 2 years. I dont know what to do now lol

RR9187

Dec 3, 2018
Tomorrow is actually my last day at work :(

Hoping something happens next month.
Congratulations for ending a chapter tomorrow and for starting a brand new chapter a day after :)

Honestly I wanted to take a break from my career, but my employer convinced me not to. So I know it takes a lot of courage to do this, it's done and dusted, move on. I understand your situation, but this is all I could think of, if it helps you a bit - use this time to do something creative, productive, that you always wanted to do but never had time, travel, spend time with your family. Distract yourself, don't open your account and this forum frequently, stay calm, stay positive (I do it by reading books or binge watching, trust me it helps).

This too shall pass soon.

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Pretty sure you posted this reply or a reply along the same lines, then removed it and reposted this here. Bizarre.

Yes it is India/India. I am not sure I will believe I received PPR if I see the golden mail on April 1. Might be a prank by IRCC lol :D:D Jokes aside.

Thanks!! Hope your prediction comes true :)

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Great. Feel free to return to Dec 2018 AOR to read it from time to time. I am starting to see a trend with your posts, however -- they are all somehow about you or try to draw attention to your own timeline and application. It's a bit self-serving this form of being "supportive", don't you think?

I am active in Nov. Just seeing how the trend is in other groups and being supportive :)

Reactions: Confusedal

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Congratulations for ending a chapter tomorrow and for starting a brand new chapter a day after :)

Honestly I wanted to take a break from my career, but my employer convinced me not to. So I know it takes a lot of courage to do this, it's done and dusted, move on. I understand your situation, but this is all I could think of, if it helps you a bit - use this time to do something creative, productive, that you always wanted to do but never had time, travel, spend time with your family. Distract yourself, don't open your account and this forum frequently, stay calm, stay positive (I do it by reading books or binge watching, trust me it helps).

This too shall pass soon.
Thanks!!

I had a long chat with my HR yesterday. I told him I have applied for Canada PR and I am not 100% committed to my work as my mind keeps wandering off. He was actually very supportive and encouraged to pursue dreams. His daughter is also pursuing Australian PR so he shared her story and understood where I stand. Opportunities are hard so when it comes knocking the door it is best to take it.

I was kind of worried but the talk actually went really well. He even advised me to join a French class lol

I will probably sleep in a lot from next week and spend more time with family :)

RR9187

Dec 3, 2018
Seems like Canada loves US more than Canada :D US residents are given priority :D
Neighbourly brotherhood
Thanks!!

I had a long chat with my HR yesterday. I told him I have applied for Canada PR and I am not 100% committed to my work as my mind keeps wandering off. He was actually very supportive and encouraged to pursue dreams. His daughter is also pursuing Australian PR so he shared her story and understood where I stand. Opportunities are hard so when it comes knocking the door it is best to take it.

I was kind of worried but the talk actually went really well. He even advised me to join a French class lol

I will probably sleep in a lot from next week and spent more time with family :)
Thats a great plan, I am sure you can do it! :cool:
P.S. I just added learning French to my bucket list :D

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Free beginners French lessons for any December folks who ask nicely! But you have to sign up for my crystal ball gazing class first, which is paid for. Mwahaha. <Evil grin, clacks ball with fingers>
I learned French from Pierre Escargot, when I was a child. He's on SNL now.

destination_cn

Mar 28, 2019
Hello All,

Newbie here. Looks like a lot of US residents received PPR emails. We haven't seen updates to our application after MEP. No IP2 or anything. I called CIC today and the agent didn't give out any information even when I asked about different stages. Should we order GCMS or wait? Details in my signature.
Can anyone please comment/advise? I know each application is different but I wanted to know what you guys think?

Abhi2056

Star Member
Nov 21, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-12-2018
Passport Req..
28-05-2019
Free beginners French lessons for any December folks who ask nicely! But you have to sign up for my crystal ball gazing class first, which is paid for. Mwahaha. <Evil grin, clacks ball with fingers>
Neighbourly brotherhood

Thats a great plan, I am sure you can do it! :cool:
P.S. I just added learning French to my bucket list :D
I actually tried learning French from youtube.
was watching this video
The way she pronounces 'rencontrer' made me postpone learning french.Is it the actual way to pronounce that word?