App. Filed.......
06-12-2018
AOR Received.
06-12-2018
Med's Request
16-01-2019
Med's Done....
22-01-2019
It says they will respond to our query only if the application has exceeded normal processing times .. should i still give it a shot ?
You can always try. Apparently, the details of response depend on the agent. I received my self a pretty generic message. I requested for 1. Eligibility Check 2. Security Check 3. Criminality Check 4. Visa Office 5 and did not receive a clear answer for any of these points

'
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and are pleased to inform you that everything appears to be in order with your application.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.'

Ashwathi Mohan

Mar 4, 2019
You can always try. Apparently, the details of response depend on the agent. I received my self a pretty generic message. I requested for 1. Eligibility Check 2. Security Check 3. Criminality Check 4. Visa Office 5 and did not receive a clear answer for any of these points

'

We verified the information you provided and are pleased to inform you that everything appears to be in order with your application.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.'
That is very generic indeed ! Let me try my luck .

gurjeetgill

Star Member
Jan 7, 2019

'

How long does it take to get the response from them?

nenettetruc86

Sep 27, 2018
France
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-12-2018
AOR Received.
06-12-2018
Med's Request
16-01-2019
Med's Done....
22-01-2019
How long does it take to get the response from them?
Officially 5 business days I believe but usually, they get back to you within 2/3 working days.

Eugene12

Nov 15, 2018
Hi,
Aor 30 Dec. Received 2nd ghost update today. It says
"Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check."
I've already had one ghost update around the MEP on 12 February.
I'm a bit confused - is it IP1 or 2?

Reactions: RR9187

TheNorms

Dec 21, 2017
Canada
I certainly hope so. Hoping they come with the next batch... I just hope I'm not in a holding pattern since they mention of a correspondence being sent out on Feb 20... so the system may think that I have gotten PPR already. Unfortunately, until your six months are up, CIC agents won't do anything to your file... urgh
Was hoping with last nights update, today would rain PPR’s but it seems very quiet today.

OVIE

Star Member
May 4, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
28-12-2018
IELTS Request
21-04-2018
Hi,
Aor 30 Dec. Received 2nd ghost update today. It says
"Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check."
I've already had one ghost update around the MEP on 12 February.
I'm a bit confused - is it IP1 or 2?
Did they send you an email or you just logged in an noticed the ghost update?

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Congratulations on your PPR! I'm glad it's finally come through! If I'm reading your signature right, did it just take 5 days for you to receive your CoPR?
Thank you for your warm congratulations, appreciate it :)
Yes indeed.
But I must specify that the process in my country is very different from the one for most of other countries.
While most countries are asked to send out their passports through VFS, and just wait for the return tracker to come alive, and the passports to come back at some mysterious date...
We receive PPR email on Fridays, for an appointment for everyone on the following Wednesday at 8am at the Canadian Embassy in Rabat (Morocco). They collect passports and photos, have us sit through a 50mn video about things to know about life in Canada (SIN, Health, Law, Social, Weather, etc...), and in the meantime they issue CoPR and stick the visa in the passport. After video is over, we collect CoPR and passport, Q&A session, and be on our way, ready to fly to Canada.

Really cool! I don't know if the same process applies in any other country...

That's why it's only a few days ;)

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Well, that sounds very cushy! Do they also serve Moroccan mint tea while you're watching the video? ;)

No, I believe the rest of us have to send in our passports (or copies of our passports) and wait for the CoPR to come in the mail.

Thank you for your warm congratulations, appreciate it :)
Yes indeed.
But I must specify that the process in my country is very different from the one for most of other countries.
While most countries are asked to send out their passports through VFS, and just wait for the return tracker to come alive, and the passports to come back at some mysterious date...
We receive PPR email on Fridays, for an appointment for everyone on the following Wednesday at 8am at the Canadian Embassy in Rabat (Morocco). They collect passports and photos, have us sit through a 50mn video about things to know about life in Canada (SIN, Health, Law, Social, Weather, etc...), and in the meantime they issue CoPR and stick the visa in the passport. After video is over, we collect CoPR and passport, Q&A session, and be on our way, ready to fly to Canada.

Really cool! I don't know if the same process applies in any other country...

That's why it's only a few days ;)

hitkaul1987

Mar 6, 2019
Application step Current status

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.Help -
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

This is how my status looks like. Can those with more experience with the process tell me if this is IP1 or IP2
This has been my status since Feb 12, 2019. Thanks!