+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

baxa1981

May 29, 2012

Ronkepops

Feb 11, 2019
I just wanted to enquire how many mails do we receive after submitting file before medical pass mail???
You should login to check your mails and confirm. However, the first 2 mails when submitting are successful transmitting of application and AOR. The 7th of Feb makes it about 43days from your AOR, so that recent update may be for medical passed. But again, you can only verify from your CIC account. Hope this helps.

CanImmi2018

Feb 1, 2019
Nothing as yet.
My timeline just changed to 18 weeks from 4 months today morning though.
Let me know when you see IP2 :)
Hopefully it will be soon!

Its my first post but been lurking since early in this thread. Same AOR 11th Dec and moved to IP2 on January 22nd, the day after medicals passed. Have just had '4 months' change to '18 weeks'. I have quite a complicated application due to work/travel history and a longer LOE to explain it all so it will be interesting if this affects length of time for the application.

Hopefully other 11th Dec's move on soon!

Edit: I do really appreciate all the info shared within this thread from many regarding phoning CIC etc

Last edited:
Reactions: abhinav.v.agarwal

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
i see a small change in my status.. not sure if this is something to be excited about !!

Background check : We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. (this was "Your application is in progress" since the past couple if weeks. Change today)

Edit : There is no email update, i see this change on the website only.

any thoughts on what this implies please :)
Just received second ghost update after biometrics completed
Permanent Residency December 6, 2018 Application/profile updated Read
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Congrats to both of you for being in "real" IP2 now. Ghost update around IP1 to IP2 timing for those already in IP2 seems to indicate the "real" IP2 that FSW-O, non-biometrics, non-RPRF see as a transition from IP1 to IP2.

moeykang

Oct 24, 2018
Congrats to our first PPR!!
I just logged in and got another "ghost update"
Weird that I had one on Friday and another one Monday... Seems that something is moving along or there are big problems with the application...
Maybe I'll call tomorrow and see what is happening...

rob-immigrationstory

Star Member
Dec 27, 2018
Congrats to our first PPR!!
I just logged in and got another "ghost update"
Weird that I had one on Friday and another one Monday... Seems that something is moving along or there are big problems with the application...
Maybe I'll call tomorrow and see what is happening...
May luck be on your side!

abhinav.v.agarwal

Jul 27, 2018
AOR Received.
11-12-2018
@USProgrammer - Thank you . Nothing has changed within my profile post that email.

Following is what i see in my profile.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Will update this forum in case i see anything changing in my profile. Keep looking out for email titled "Ready for Visa" from cic.gc.ca

Cheers!
Did you also some kind of message/Letter in the account itself ?? Similar to like AORs? Because I am also a bit scared about just getting an email, which one might not receive due to several reasons.... :(

thanks in advance.

abhinav.v.agarwal

Jul 27, 2018
AOR Received.
11-12-2018
tot
Hmm. This is what worries me most. PPR comes via email, and there's nothing in the EE portal to see. I'm worried that I will not see a status change and the email may not get delivered. It seems like such a silly way to deliver such an important communication.
I totally agree..:(

crs441

Oct 15, 2018
Hello,this is my application status, what would be the next step?please guide me. Application step Current status Help
1)Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
2)Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
3)Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
4)Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
5)Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
6)Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
7)Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
It could be that you're in IP2, or it could be that you've been in a faux-IP2. Either way, it's a good thing.

Hello,this is my application status, what would be the next step?please guide me. Application step Current status Help
1)Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
2)Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
3)Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
4)Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
5)Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
6)Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
7)Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Reactions: crs441

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Well, that's good news on the whole. The fact that your application won't get shuffled between various local visa offices is a big deal in terms of processing time!

Short update: i ended up calling IRCC regarding the fact that my biometrics info show up on my page but i still have a status of "action required, we need your fingerprints" .
Very lucky only waited 16 minutes , and same as @derkdsou talked to a lovely lady, she took a few minutes to check the whole application then got back to me that everything was normal, and that the update in the system is not automatic so just down to luck, but my file was progressing. They have started the background checks (security + criminality) and she said that's the biggest part of the job. She said my application is staying in Canada not going to a local office because it was a very standard one (i decided to take that as good news).
In the verification process at the beginning of the call she also made a change for me (phone number) so i didn't have to do it via a webform!
So ok, nothing exciting, but my file is not hidden somewhere it is (albeit slowly) being processed which is a relief, and now... back to waiting !
Wanted to end this on a haiku... but inspiration's gone!

Reactions: Laumyl