+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

ESS1925

Jun 29, 2020
I just got a call from my immigration office (Montreal) to confirm our application approval and congratulate us for becoming PR. She told me that we would receive today or tomorrow morning the COPR email with the instructions to get the PR card. So it seems things are slowly moving on..:)
Congrats !!!! Can I know if you're an inland or Outland applicant. Thank you

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
This person had all the details of our applications as well as details of my representative, and did not ask for money..
Cool; congrats!

This seems unique to Montreal VO. There was another similar experience posted on the Motreal thread where someone from VO called and verified basic information and told the applicant that application was approved.
Leave it to Quebec to do it differently! ;) Good to know.

josh_1982

Jan 7, 2019
Quick update, I just received the golden email :)

'I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!'

Also, in my ECAS Profile it appears now as Complete. After almost 2 years, we made it!!

Last edited:
Reactions: USProgrammer

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Quick update, I just received the golden email :)

'I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!'

Also, in my ECAS Profile it appears now as Complete. After almost 2 years, we made it!!
So you don't have to go for a landing interview? I don't know about Quebec's system. Huge congrats!

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
So you don't have to go for a landing interview? I don't know about Quebec's system. Huge congrats!
This is not unique to Montreal / QSW. Inland candidates these days are getting a direct COPR without landing interviews. All previously scheduled in person interview were changed to telephonic interviews and in recent times they are not even doing telephonic ones.

josh_1982

Jan 7, 2019
This is not unique to Montreal / QSW. Inland candidates these days are getting a direct COPR without landing interviews. All previously scheduled in person interview were changed to telephonic interviews and in recent times they are not even doing telephonic ones.
@USProgrammer Exactly. It is not even a phone interview. The immigration officer just asked me whether me and all my family members are already in Canada, confirmed basic personal information and congratulated us. In addition to the email confirming our PR, in our ECAS now it shows complete, and the last event was that we landed in Montreal office by July, 2nd..

sabil

Aug 14, 2019
@USProgrammer Exactly. It is not even a phone interview. The immigration officer just asked me whether me and all my family members are already in Canada, confirmed basic personal information and congratulated us. In addition to the email confirming our PR, in our ECAS now it shows complete, and the last event was that we landed in Montreal office by July, 2nd..
Hi, can you please tell at which number they call you. I got an email that they are trying to contact me. After replying the email, I got two missed call that number starts with 647.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi, can you please tell at which number they call you. I got an email that they are trying to contact me. After replying the email, I got two missed call that number starts with 647.
Call the number back and see where does it connect you.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
It does not connected anywhere. When I tried to call it says the number is not assigned.
Okay. The area code is for Toronto. I have not heard visa offices other than Montreal making calls. And if your application was in Montreal and they were calling you likely the number won't be a 647 number.