+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

rjacob

Star Member
Dec 28, 2018
PPR!!!
This is such a moment of relief.
We got the medicals passed message on 7th October and got the PR email last night.
It's been a rollercoaster and this forum has been a huge support system for me.
Thank you everyone. Especially @derkdsou @USProgrammer and @legalfalcon
For everyone still waiting. I know how stressful this period of waiting is and all I can tell you is that it'll happen when it has to and I really really hope it happens soon for all of you.

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
PPR!!!
This is such a moment of relief.
We got the medicals passed message on 7th October and got the PR email last night.
It's been a rollercoaster and this forum has been a huge support system for me.
Thank you everyone. Especially @derkdsou @USProgrammer and @legalfalcon
For everyone still waiting. I know how stressful this period of waiting is and all I can tell you is that it'll happen when it has to and I really really hope it happens soon for all of you.
Congrats! (to you and all the other recent PPRs)

Reactions: rjacob
Jul 25, 2019
Hi everyone. I've been reading posts in this forum periodically throughout my PR process and just wanted to share my own experience!

CEC stream, living in Canada for the past 2 years and 5 months, British citizen.
AOR: Dec 24th
ADR: February 5th. Request for detailed breakdown of travel dates 2013/12 – 2015/09. I was travelling around the world for a year and a half and they asked for dates, cities I stayed in and accommodation details for where I stayed.
Medicals Passed: February 8th
ADR: February 14th. I had to have an Australian police check done as I lived there for longer than 6 months. My police check came back with "no disclosable court outcomes", which means there is no record against my name, no offenses, therefore no disclosable court outcomes. The letter from CIC asked me to send the "disclosable court outcomes" (which there were none). I believe whoever read my police check didn't understand the language and presumed it meant there was an offense against my name, there is not.
Eligibility review: May 8th (showed after application was approved).
Background check complete: July 23rd (showed after application was approved).
August 29th: PPR
Passport scans & photos sent to CIC Ottawa: September 10th.
COPR received in the post: October 2nd.
Interview email request sent: October 3rd.
Interview confirmation email: October 5th.
Interview date: October 11th at the Etobicoke office.

I had a 2 year open work permit that was valid until May 20th 2019 - I had to request an extension to this as I had to leave the country in August to attend a wedding. My work permit application extension was submitted April 7th and approved July 11th.

I actually got in touch with my local MP's office here in Toronto as my application had no movement from February 14th and I needed either my work permit extension or my PR application approved in order to travel in and out of the country. They helped hugely by contacting immigration and getting my application moving.

All in all, this was a very stressful experience so I am glad it is over! It was very frustrating living and working in the country, paying tax and other expenses and hearing nothing on my application. Anyway, all that stress is over thankfully.

Sorry for such a large amount of text but I hope this was useful to someone. Any questions please feel free to ask! Good luck to all those still waiting and congratulations to the others in my position, enjoy Canada - it is a great country to live in :)

Thanks

rjacob

Star Member
Dec 28, 2018
Guys, just a word of advice - I received the final PPR email in my spam folder and thank god for my agent who checked it and informed me. I would've probably bothered to check spam once a week. If you've done your remedicals and the online account states that you've passed the medicals, please check your spam folder regularly as well.

capricorn7

Star Member
Aug 14, 2018
Guys, just a word of advice - I received the final PPR email in my spam folder and thank god for my agent who checked it and informed me. I would've probably bothered to check spam once a week. If you've done your remedicals and the online account states that you've passed the medicals, please check your spam folder regularly as well.
Congratulations buddy. Off late many people had got the email in Spam folder. Can you please share your VISA Office as well.

rjacob

Star Member
Dec 28, 2018
Congratulations buddy. Off late many people had got the email in Spam folder. Can you please share your VISA Office as well.
Ahh! I wasn't checking the forum very regularly and had no idea about the spam folder. I'm just glad the agent checked it.
Visa office is Ottawa.

Buska828

Star Member
Apr 30, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-01-2019
Anyone in a similar situation where everything is passed and application approved but waiting for final review by officer which will trigger ppr?

Pura Vida

Oct 10, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Schedule A
Nomination.....
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
25-12-2018
Med's Done....
13-02-2019
Passport Req..
November 18th 2019
Received the ready for visa email !

So Re-medical request from CIC is clear indication that you are very close to getting PPR, as many have experienced. Thanks all...
Congratulations !!

Reactions: Shony_2013

Ahmed_E

Star Member
Jan 20, 2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
It's been so long since I checked this forum. Well after my last update in May (security starting) I have had another one two days ago, my medical status changed from "medical passed" to "you do not need a medical exam". My medical test expires next month, I hope they would extend it rather than ask me to redo it.
It's been a tough wait and that limbo state is teaching me many new things about myself.
Congratulations to everyone who received their PPRs.

So they did extend my medicals a couple of days ago and I've just received my golden mail, at last.

capricorn7

Star Member
Aug 14, 2018
Congratulations to everyone who received their PPRs.

So they did extend my medicals a couple of days ago and I've just received my golden mail, at last.
Congratulations. It must have been a long 10 months wait :)

Once you get COPR, do let us know how much time they gave you for landing.

Reactions: Ahmed_E