+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

Bsammy

Jun 14, 2019
Ended up emailing Ralph Goodale's office yesterday.

Got the following reply:

Ralph Goodale, MP
12:23 PM (1 hour ago)

to me

Dear Hitesh - I spoke to IRCC regarding your application received Dec 30, 2018. It is at the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney.

Standard processing time is 6 months. This means 80% of routine applications are completed within that time frame, while 20% take longer.

Criminality passed.

Eligibility is under review.

Security checks have not been initiated. They cannot be expedited and timelines are not available.

Medicals are valid until Dec/19.

Sincerely,

Robyn Sullivan

Office of the Hon. Ralph Goodale, MP

Regina-Wascana

Looks like I have to be patient for a bit longer..at almost 7 months now.
My stats in Sydney : eligibility met and security not started since February

hitkaul1987

Mar 6, 2019
Exactly the same here.
AOR 13 Dec
gotcha, couple of weeks before mine..my last update(on my online account) was mid march when my BG check went in process,raising CSEs didnt give me clear information just that my application is processing, so decided to email ralph since folks were getting a response within a day as compared to a week-10 days for CSE.

kdr91

Star Member
May 7, 2019
gotcha, couple of weeks before mine..my last update(on my online account) was mid march when my BG check went in process,raising CSEs didnt give me clear information just that my application is processing, so decided to email ralph since folks were getting a response within a day as compared to a week-10 days for CSE.
I have called them few times and, furthermore, I was told my eligibility has been passed. Now, instead of worrying, I just wait. What else can you do?

Reactions: hitkaul1987

PRI2019@

Star Member
Feb 11, 2019
My AOR is 26dec and in the beginning of July, I got to know that my eligibility and criminality is passed, however, security wasn't vstarted then.. (VO Ottawa)

Since then my security hasn't been initiated and my MEDICAL is going to expire in the mid of August... I haven't received any re-medical request as few days are left for medical to get expired..

Does this mean they are not working on my file? Can I do anything except waiting?

kzeed12

May 28, 2019
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
My AOR is 26dec and in the beginning of July, I got to know that my eligibility and criminality is passed, however, security wasn't vstarted then.. (VO Ottawa)

Since then my security hasn't been initiated and my MEDICAL is going to expire in the mid of August... I haven't received any re-medical request as few days are left for medical to get expired..

Does this mean they are not working on my file? Can I do anything except waiting?
try raising cse emails through web forms explaining the current status and situation while waiting to get the security check started ..

Reactions: PRI2019@

MarcioSilva

Aug 27, 2018
Nothing moved on my side. I called yesterday but no movement on the file, it is crazy...
Just with the addition that I've contacted two MPs, one in my area (Hon. Hedy Fry) and one by email (Hon. Ralph Goodale as most of us), and the answers are the same content expressed in the Notes, so it is pretty much consistent information, however the most important question remains unanswered, about the effective analysis and outcome of the application. I imagine that the protocol is being followed and once I had review required I cannot complain, just need to understand de 80%-20% rule here. One day it will come and let's hope for the best.

Reactions: Pura Vida

kevinlkwong

Star Member
Jul 24, 2019
Sydney Nova Scotia - CIO is the Central Intake Office where most of the flies reach first - especially the ones applied from usa - before going to sub centers for processing..

They never used to complete the whole process till ppr on site until recently (6+months) where they started finalizing the applications and sending out ppr at cio..

review required files are assigned to cb01126 sydney ns too (not sure if all of them)..

So that is why the delay -
Does this mean they need to review it at the CIO first before they send it to one of the sub centers? They don't actually complete the process there?! I applied inland (Vancouver) and have just been anxiously waiting to hear back from them.

shreya5391

Jun 14, 2019
Hi Guys, quick questions that i wanted to ask:

1) Ive heard that the COPR has a city of landing mentioned in it, is that flexible for change if i don't plan to stay in that city?

2) Is it possible to apply for and get a tourist visa if one has submitted an application for Express Entry? My sister plans to visit me in canada but has also applied for her PR, will she be denied a tourist visa because of this reason?

Thanks a lot :)

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Hi Guys, quick questions that i wanted to ask:

1) Ive heard that the COPR has a city of landing mentioned in it, is that flexible for change if i don't plan to stay in that city?

2) Is it possible to apply for and get a tourist visa if one has submitted an application for Express Entry? My sister plans to visit me in canada but has also applied for her PR, will she be denied a tourist visa because of this reason?

Thanks a lot :)
Your city of landing doesn't matter. Where you intend to reside matters if you are a PNP or between Quebec and the rest of Canada. If you did Quebec's immigration you must intend to settle in Quebec, and if you did not, then you must not intend to settle in Quebec.

If you have a PNP you are supposed to intend to reside in that province.

Dual intent isn't an issue, but the officers must be convinced she will leave if she is not granted PR while there.