+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

anujzingh

Oct 2, 2018
You have just been visited by a nice ghosty! If you are already past your ip2 it's most likely that they are now finalizing your file, or it moved to your local VO. Where are you from and where was your file processed?
Thanks @Maya1515 for quick reply.

I am from India and VO is Ottawa
On 28th June, the status of 'Background verification' changed from 'In Progress' to 'In Processing', I believe this is IP2 only. Please correct if there is any gap in my understanding.
Additionally, if you could please help knowing me the tentative time it may take for my application to reach up to PPR stage

Reactions: Maya1515

namanthakur

Jun 4, 2017
Hi Guys and seniors,

Today i received an ADR on my application.

Request Letter mentioned my wife's name and UCI Number and asked to Fill "Additional Family Information in form IMM 5406".

But when i downloaded and opened the doc it says to be filled by primary applicant and spouse both.

So my query is should i fill it for both as applicant separately or only for my wife only.

Please help me resolve this issue, or someone who has got a similar ADR or situation can throw some light on this.

Thanks in Advance

Maya1515

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Category........
FSW
Thanks @Maya1515 tentative time it may take for my application to reach up to PPR stage
As far as I know, IP2 reads "We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information".

I think other Indian applicants like you processed in Ottawa who have gone through this change in status will know more about it (for me I've always had the false ip2); also for the tentative time for PPR, although I think no one can tell for sure.
Best would be to call them and ask them if they can see in your notes info about the update.

sangpll2009

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
Will you get the info if you call? I had heard of a case where the cv was asked from spouse because couple mistakenly declared unemployment for husband for 10 years (they thought they needn't go in details into that because he wasn't main applicant). Officer wanted to double check this.
My husband is in Iraq, so i believe it would be for the security screening :(

sangpll2009

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
Will you get the info if you call? I had heard of a case where the cv was asked from spouse because couple mistakenly declared unemployment for husband for 10 years (they thought they needn't go in details into that because he wasn't main applicant). Officer wanted to double check this.
they have also asked for the SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION REQUEST FOR STUDENTS for my husband, along with his CV and Schedule A, though my husband is unaccompanying and is not intending to come to Canada soon, nor is he a student currently. Not really sure how to fill this form

yankyridzz

May 3, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-11-2018
AOR Received.
29-12-2018
they have also asked for the SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION REQUEST FOR STUDENTS for my husband, along with his CV and Schedule A, though my husband is unaccompanying and is not intending to come to Canada soon, nor is he a student currently. Not really sure how to fill this form
I also received same ADR

case

Star Member
Jan 18, 2018
Pls I have a question,i was requested for additional doc which I provided and now I am not sure if I may have misspelt my names when I printed and signed my name electronically.i want to know if there is any control measure put in place for electronic signature on the site such that once there is a slight difference in the name printed/sign and the name on the application the document wont be sent.thank you

sai86

Nov 3, 2018
Abu Dhabi
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
28-12-2018
AOR Received.
28-12-2018
Med's Done....
28-12-2018
Hi Sai,
Does that webform link work for you? It just redirects me to the same page all the time.
It worked for me. Try clearing cookies and cache and try again, my browser had glitches and it worked.

sai86

Nov 3, 2018
Abu Dhabi
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
28-12-2018
AOR Received.
28-12-2018
Med's Done....
28-12-2018
I see some PPR for Dec folks. Congrats all of you.

Guys, those of you waiting, hold on, your PPR is coming soon. Like I mentioned before, at the end of six months when I received my GCMS, nothing was started in my application. Then I raised a webform and they said my eligibility is being processed and BG check not started. Soon after, I moved to IP2. Not sure if the webform triggered something. And in a couple of days I got my ready for visa mail. It took 200 days in total for PPR. I used to freak out so much because I had an extensive travel history (100+), 11 LOEs, proof of fund was a gift deed and my FD in home country and 4 PCCs. I've never been so anxious in my life.

Please don't lose hope, distract yourself with other things and please stay positive. Your golden mail will come.

amitaquarius

Mar 16, 2019
Done waiting for GCMS notes so emailed Mr. Ralph got reply :

Eligibility is in progress – recommend pass.
Criminality and security checks have not been initiated. They cannot be expedited and timelines are not available.
Medicals are valid until Oct 27, 2019.

Like what it going on :/
I asked my MP and they gave me the same reply.

Not sure whats taking them so long to even clear the eligibilty. I dont think we would move to next steps unless this is cleared and next steps are going to take some time as well.