+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

Lucyw

Jun 25, 2019
Is there anyone who has received PPR when not in their country of residence? Did you send your passports or you requested a transfer of office in the country you are visiting? For example, you are visiting the UK and your country of residence is India and PPR comes when you are in the UK? What did you do?

jazy3313

Star Member
May 4, 2017
I definitely understand the frustration exhibited by some here. To a point I do not believe it is entitlement.
I will take my own case for example, I am already a taxpayer here, but cannot have access to most of the services (temporary worker status).
The process taking too long will have serious consequences for me : an extension requires me to purchase yet another insurance policy (for how long ? 6 months ? a year ?), plus the fees, that is expensive.
For me it's either that or an unnecessary and more importantly unplanned trip back home, combined with job loss and the inability to commit to anything long term once back there. The worst in all is that according to whomever I had on the phone, security/criminality checks are not even started (6.5 months in now). Today my MP hasn't replied in now a full week about my inquiry. All the while I keep contributing, and have been doing nothing but that, since I'm here. I do not really know the words to describe how it makes me feel, but certainly not good. I do not think it would be entitlement to be less than pleased with such a situation.
On the other hand being angry won't make a file go faster either, and I have now idea how to deal with the extra stress this is incurring. Personally right now I cannot enjoy my time much, I don't sleep as well. It is taking a little bit of a toll on me. I need holidays, which I haven't had since landing here... Boy when I get the papers I might just go and take 3 weeks unpaid.
Completely understand your situation brother and ignore such people who lack empathy for others and call it entitlement. The whole purpose of my post was to initiate a discussion about how people like you and me can escalate this matter and what are the options. Clearly, the process lack standard procedures and due to very fact we are suffering.

anujzingh

Oct 2, 2018
Dear All,

Observed that 'Current Status' of my express entry application changed to 'Application/profile updated', but couldn't see any update or change in the details of my application. Later on the status again changed to 'Submitted'
My timeline is as below:
AOR: 23 Dec
MEP: 4th Feb
IP2: 28th June

Can anybody please help me understand if it's a part of standard process

Maya1515

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Category........
FSW
Received an ADR for Schedule A and CV of my husband. I believe my application is going into extensive security screening :( :( :(
Will you get the info if you call? I had heard of a case where the cv was asked from spouse because couple mistakenly declared unemployment for husband for 10 years (they thought they needn't go in details into that because he wasn't main applicant). Officer wanted to double check this.

Dipi1305

Star Member
May 21, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-Nov-2018
Nomination.....
14-Oct-2018
AOR Received.
12-Dec-2018
Med's Done....
23-Jan-2019
Passport Req..
17-07-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-07-2019
LANDED..........
06-11-2019
Finally the Golden Mail hits my inbox !! ✨

Here is the timeline...
IELTS in September 2018 - cleared in first attempt
CRS 454
NOC 1112 - Financial Analyst
Family of 3
Application Date for EE: 3rd December 2018
ITA Received: 12th December 2018
AOR: 26th December 2018
Medical Passed : 6th February
IP1: 7th February
RPRF paid on 14th May before they requested
RPRF Request: 28th May - submitted docs same day
IP2: 28th May
ADR changed to NA: 13th July
PPR: 16th July - Submitted passports at VFS Chennai
No Ghost updates

Thanks to everyone who has been a great support in the process...
Congratulations

Maya1515

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Category........
FSW
Dear All,

Observed that 'Current Status' of my express entry application changed to 'Application/profile updated', but couldn't see any update or change in the details of my application. Later on the status again changed to 'Submitted'
My timeline is as below:

You have just been visited by a nice ghosty! If you are already past your ip2 it's most likely that they are now finalizing your file, or it moved to your local VO. Where are you from and where was your file processed?

Reactions: vinayk and PRI2019@

Dipi1305

Star Member
May 21, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-Nov-2018
Nomination.....
14-Oct-2018
AOR Received.
12-Dec-2018
Med's Done....
23-Jan-2019
Passport Req..
17-07-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-07-2019
LANDED..........
06-11-2019
Dear All,

My timeline is as below:

Yes it’s a ghost update which means someone is working on your profile

Reactions: PRI2019@

Shadima

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
Hi guys,

I got RPRF request last night. Does it mean that they just started processing my application or they are at the final phase? Thanks.

AOR: 27 Dec 2018
MEP: 6 Feb 2019
And in IP2 since then.

Reactions: vinayk and PRI2019@

mon02

Jul 17, 2019
Hi There,

Could someone please advise on whats wrong with my application ?
AOR - 22/12/2018
Med - 01/02/2019
IP1- I think it happened sometime
IP2 - sometime near 07/07/2019

I have been writing them using the web form and trying to call them from outside of canada and the only lucky time i get connected I get a generic reply that we have the documents and will contact you if we need anything else.

I did move from US to UAE and hence my country of residence was updated which they acknowledge but I am not sure why its taking almost 7 months.

Last edited:

Maya1515

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Category........
FSW
I have been writing them using the web form and trying to call them from outside of Canada and the only lucky time i get connected I get a generic reply that we have the documents and will contact you if we need anything else.

I did move from US to UAE and hence my country of residence was updated which they acknowledge but I am not sure why its taking almost 7 months.
Hey Mon02,
I see you are new to the forum.
The 7 months+ is, unfortunately, common these days. It doesn't necessarily mean that something is wrong. But the reasons why some files take this long to be assessed is a mystery.

There is a sheet that @amitaquarius has initiated with 49 people still waiting from December. You can add your case if you want. (once you click his name the link will be in his signature). People from November thread also have their document and they are more than 40 as well.