Doc's Request.
11-12-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2019
Just in the interest of getting you more input, I'm replying here. Your job title lines up with 2173, but the duties, as you've correctly identified, are what matter. Your duties to me do line up more with 2174 in my opinion.

My advice would be to raise a CSE requesting a NOC change to 2174, but only you can make that decision. @Shahanastar said @NZ_ozzie has done it, so maybe PM them, unless they reply here.

I would explain that you selected 2173 since your title lines up with that, but your job duties more closely align with 2174.

Nothing you sent me appears to be personally identifying (you redacted all the important parts). I would just post in this thread if I were you to get some more opinions/input from other software devs.
Yeah request NOC Code change through CSE if you are sure of your NOC Code....I sent 2 CSE's requesting NOC Code rectification and received a proper reply that it has been forwarded to Officer and its upto him to consider change or not...

Reactions: tuhadapeo

tuhadapeo

Jul 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal -> Vancouver
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-12-2018
AOR Received.
04-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-01-2019
Thanks. How long did you wait between the two CSE’s? I heard there was an update on my file so I plan to call them again in next day or two. Don’t want to raise a cse in case it’s not an issue.

Also what reason did you specify for the change?

Yeah request NOC Code change through CSE if you are sure of your NOC Code....I sent 2 CSE's requesting NOC Code rectification and received a proper reply that it has been forwarded to Officer and its upto him to consider change or not...

Last edited:

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Did they change your NOC or did they evaluate you under your original NOC?

amelon

Jun 18, 2019
Hi guys, I have a small question about ghost updates.
If I don’t login everyday, will they be there until my next login or do they disappear after, say, 24 hours?

amelon

Jun 18, 2019
Hi Guys, I've just called IRCC to ask about my Application. She told me that eligibility and security not started( same response I get every time I call) however, she told me that sometimes because the information is being verified by different agencies, the status remains "not started" until they finish verification and then suddenly change to complete. Has anyone got the same response?
At least she gave me some hope that I can get PPR anytime, but I don't want to have high hopes. I don't trust these guys:)o_O
FSW O
AOR DEC 21,2018
Hi I think we might have got the same agent. She gave the same response saying that ‘not started’ could be that the VO didn’t update their progress yet

vyper1

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
29/12/2018
Hi guys, I have a small question about ghost updates.
If I don’t login everyday, will they be there until my next login or do they disappear after, say, 24 hours?
I think the ghost updates stay. Was logging in almost every hour daily and then decided not to check it for 2 to 3 days.

Woke up on the third day and checked, update was there. When I called the same morning, the agent told me that the update was from a day or so ago when my application was finalized.

Last edited:
Reactions: amelon

amelon

Jun 18, 2019
Hi Guys, I've just called IRCC to ask about my Application. She told me that eligibility and security not started( same response I get every time I call) however, she told me that sometimes because the information is being verified by different agencies, the status remains "not started" until they finish verification and then suddenly change to complete. Has anyone got the same response?
At least she gave me some hope that I can get PPR anytime, but I don't want to have high hopes. I don't trust these guys:)o_O
FSW O
AOR DEC 21,2018
Sorry for the double reply. Pressed post button by accident.
I’m also FSW-O, VO Ottawa. AOR Jan 12.
Ottawa has been handing out a bunch of pprs. Let’s keep our fingers crossed.