2- English *press 1*

3- immigration *press 1*

4- transfer to citzship and imm can processing application *press 1*

5- status or processing times *press 1*

6- become permanent resident *press 2*

7- application starts with E *press 2*

8- then enter *application number* followed by #

9- listen to the entered number and *press 1* to confirm

10- enter the *year of birth* and then listen the entered number and *press 1* to confirm

11- hear the details

12- then *press 1* to check status (there will be a pause)

13- hear detailed status at the end *press 0* to speak to agent

I never pressed 0 to speak to agent. :p
That will work, but the method in my signature is a lot shorter, especially since you often have to call back over and over because the queue is full.

Reactions: Garima2703

ramanbhatti

Mar 16, 2018
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-11-2018
AOR Received.
1-12-2018
Med's Done....
11-01-2019
Passport Req..
05-07-2019
@ramanbhatti : Any updates on your end ?
No update yet... Talked to the agent yesterday.. she told me background check is not started yet.... exactly 30 days left today... let's see what happens.... we can do nothing except waiting...

v353179

May 1, 2019
Hi everybody,

My Aor is in December.
Medical passed and biometrics sent.

yesterday I got my first ghost update on my profile. Application current status was Updated and after opening the application it went back to Submitted.

Today a message came to mycic dashboard with the title 'Request Letter'. When I clicked it, the pdf wrote:

Dear XXX XXXX:

This letter is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

We are ready to undergo the final review of your application. Please mail us the following:

 Four (4) updated photos for each person travelling to Canada according to the specifications
outlined at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf
On the back of one photo for each person, please write in pencil their name, surname, date of
birth, file number, and the date the photos were taken.

 Original individual passports (not photocopies) valid for international travel for yourself and for
each member of your family who will be accompanying you to Canada, if applicable.

The passport(s) and photos must be received at this office within 30 days.

Once issued, your permanent resident visa(s) will be valid for entry to Canada until either the expiry of your medical results or the expiry of your passport(s), whichever is sooner.

No changes or extensions to your visa(s) will be possible after issuance. You and all your accompanying family members must travel to Canada and present your immigration documents at a Canadian Port of Entry before they expire.

PLEASE NOTE

Children born abroad to a parent who is a Canadian citizen may be entitled to Canadian citizenship, and in such cases must enter Canada on a valid Canadian passport. An application must be made for a proof of Canadian citizenship and to obtain a Canadian passport. For further information, please consult the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada website at: www.cic.gc.ca

Please always quote your complete application number as listed above on all correspondence, and address your correspondence to the Embassy of Canada in Rome at the address indicated on this letter.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Sincerely,

Migration Officer

Migration Section | Embassy of Canada to Italy
Now my application current status is "Your action is required". Also in the submitted documents section I have two new fields saying Replacement Needed for Digital photo and Client Information with a deadline of 2nd June 2019.

Is this the golden PPR email!? I'm worried cause the format is kinda strange. Everybody is receiving their golder email directly to their inbox. But this message was sent to me to the mycic account.

The other question is how to send my passport to the embassy? I want a safer method than normal postal service.

Thanks to everybody that takes the time to reply to this.

madscientist11

Star Member
Feb 15, 2019
Is this the golden PPR email!? I'm worried cause the format is kinda strange. Everybody is receiving their golder email directly to their inbox. But this message was sent to me to the mycic account.

The other question is how to send my passport to the embassy? I want a safer method than normal postal service.

I don't think you have to worry since it came from the official site. Each CPC or Visa office might have a different way to communicate about their request.
You can use this link to find recommended method to send you passport to Italy : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/where-submit-passport.html#I
I guess you can also contact the rome visa office directly to confirm the request.

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Hi everybody,

My Aor is in December.
Medical passed and biometrics sent.

yesterday I got my first ghost update on my profile. Application current status was Updated and after opening the application it went back to Submitted.

Today a message came to mycic dashboard with the title 'Request Letter'. When I clicked it, the pdf wrote:

Dear XXX XXXX:

This letter is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

We are ready to undergo the final review of your application. Please mail us the following:

 Four (4) updated photos for each person travelling to Canada according to the specifications
outlined at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf
On the back of one photo for each person, please write in pencil their name, surname, date of
birth, file number, and the date the photos were taken.

 Original individual passports (not photocopies) valid for international travel for yourself and for
each member of your family who will be accompanying you to Canada, if applicable.

The passport(s) and photos must be received at this office within 30 days.

Once issued, your permanent resident visa(s) will be valid for entry to Canada until either the expiry of your medical results or the expiry of your passport(s), whichever is sooner.

No changes or extensions to your visa(s) will be possible after issuance. You and all your accompanying family members must travel to Canada and present your immigration documents at a Canadian Port of Entry before they expire.

PLEASE NOTE

Children born abroad to a parent who is a Canadian citizen may be entitled to Canadian citizenship, and in such cases must enter Canada on a valid Canadian passport. An application must be made for a proof of Canadian citizenship and to obtain a Canadian passport. For further information, please consult the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada website at: www.cic.gc.ca

Please always quote your complete application number as listed above on all correspondence, and address your correspondence to the Embassy of Canada in Rome at the address indicated on this letter.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Sincerely,

Migration Officer

Migration Section | Embassy of Canada to Italy
Now my application current status is "Your action is required". Also in the submitted documents section I have two new fields saying Replacement Needed for Digital photo and Client Information with a deadline of 2nd June 2019.

Yes, it's your PPR. Congrats! Follow the instructions in the letter. It should specify what to send and how to send it. For instance, I had to send mine via FedEx from the US to Ottawa with a return envelope with another FedEx label.

prashanfernando

Star Member
Apr 21, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-12-2018
AOR Received.
18-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-11-2018
Passport Req..
18-06-2019
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2019
LANDED..........
01-09-2019

v353179

May 1, 2019
Yes, it's your PPR. Congrats! Follow the instructions in the letter. It should specify what to send and how to send it. For instance, I had to send mine via FedEx from the US to Ottawa with a return envelope with another FedEx label.
Thanks! The whole content of the letter is the one I posted. It tells me to send 4 photos and my passport but does not specify how to send them, besides saying to mail them to the embassy's address (which is the footer of the pdf document). So I am still confused on how to mail my passport in a secure way :/

OVIE

Star Member
May 4, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
28-12-2018
IELTS Request
21-04-2018
Thanks! The whole content of the letter is the one I posted. It tells me to send 4 photos and my passport but does not specify how to send them, besides saying to mail them to the embassy's address (which is the footer of the pdf document). So I am still confused on how to mail my passport in a secure way :/
If I was you, I would call them to get further clarification.

hammadattique

Feb 18, 2019
Hi everyone

Can anyone please help with with this. I got a request to pay RPRF today. Can anyone please guide me where i can pay it? And does this mean anything?

Thanks

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
I'm not clear if you're in Italy since you don't have a signature, but I believe your email said the embassy was in Italy where you have to send it.

I would think you just use whatever your national tracked carriers are if it's not international. If it's international, use something like DHL or FedEx.

You can also email them (or use CSE) to ask if you can use a courier. I know Ottawa didn't accept couriers, but that's not an embassy.