+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***DECEMBER 2017***OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
So just got an email with an attached PDF indicating that the residency app will be processed at CPC Mississauga.

Yay?
That's usually good news.

From what I've read about the process is that apps that processed in Mississauga are considered straightforward and can be streamlined.

suryathapar

Dec 22, 2017
Brampton
So Just Got Decision Made and Passport Request over the weekend. We are Dec 2017 Outland.

Wife is in US.
PC and Medical was back in April
Our app was delayed due to Her passport expiring but submitted the new passport back in Early May. Now Just got Passport request. So about 7 months in .

Javs

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
8-12-2017
AOR Received.
31-01-2018
File Transfer...
23-03-2018
Med's Request
20-02-2018
Med's Done....
12-03-2018
So Just Got Decision Made and Passport Request over the weekend. We are Dec 2017 Outland.

Wife is in US.
PC and Medical was back in April
Our app was delayed due to Her passport expiring but submitted the new passport back in Early May. Now Just got Passport request. So about 7 months in .
Congratulations! :)

DanaF

Mar 12, 2018
Hi! Quick question:
For those of you who received ppr, did you fill out the accompanying spouse’s info for the appendix b form in the request letter? I figured I wouldnt have to since my spouse is sponsoring me and I’m the one going.
Also, did you upload your scanned passport and digital image to gckey as well or did you just submit physically to the concerned office?
Please do clarify.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-03-2018
AOR Received.
27-04-2018
File Transfer...
09-05-2018
Med's Request
01-05-2018
Med's Done....
10-05-2018
Passport Req..
26-06-2018
Hi! Quick question:
For those of you who received ppr, did you fill out the accompanying spouse’s info for the appendix b form in the request letter? I figured I wouldnt have to since my spouse is sponsoring me and I’m the one going.
Also, did you upload your scanned passport and digital image to gckey as well or did you just submit physically to the concerned office?
Please do clarify.
I'm not sure.... we only received Annex A to complete, which was basically a confirmation of mailing address.
Per earlier messages on this and other threads, it seems like overall it was easiest to physically mail everything (passport photocopy, new passport photos, and completed Annex A, with the self-addressed return envelope).

DanaF

Mar 12, 2018
I'm not sure.... we only received Annex A to complete, which was basically a confirmation of mailing address.
Per earlier messages on this and other threads, it seems like overall it was easiest to physically mail everything (passport photocopy, new passport photos, and completed Annex A, with the self-addressed return envelope).
Oh I’ll do that for sure but was wondering if I’d have to upload on gckey too

Jemnay

Feb 19, 2018
Kidapawan
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
07-12-2017
Doc's Request.
01-02-2018
AOR Received.
31-01-2018
File Transfer...
01-03-2018
Med's Request
17-02-2018
Med's Done....
15-03-2018
Passport Req..
04-09-2018
LANDED..........
02-10-2018

Jonny Blond

Sep 21, 2017
Kiev, Ukraine..I heard most times they take 3 to 3.5 months once they receive your file. Well..it’s almost 3 months now so here’s hoping July yields some goods for us and everyone else waiting on this crazy train. Our application was first received by CIC December.22nd, 2017. So yeah CIC got their 12 months to do their thing but after seeing the Mississauga thread and it seems people are getting their PPR or COPR in 3 months and it’s like a fun game saying..ohh I got my PPR today and it’s onky been 3 months and 4 days..someone else will say..I got mine in 3 months and 2 days like it’s some kinda race and all of us others are like.. well..mine says still in process and there’s been no movement for 3 months.. it’s pretty bad. I’m glad people are reuniting with their loved ones but be humble. Saying you can’t belive how fast it was and all the rest of us are thinking how slow it is, isn’t exactly making things a joy by bragging. But yeah...like I said..I command you CIC to hurry up.

Jemnay

Feb 19, 2018
Kidapawan
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
07-12-2017
Doc's Request.
01-02-2018
AOR Received.
31-01-2018
File Transfer...
01-03-2018
Med's Request
17-02-2018
Med's Done....
15-03-2018
Passport Req..
04-09-2018
LANDED..........
02-10-2018
Kiev, Ukraine..I heard most times they take 3 to 3.5 months once they receive your file. Well..it’s almost 3 months now so here’s hoping July yields some goods for us and everyone else waiting on this crazy train. Our application was first received by CIC December.22nd, 2017. So yeah CIC got their 12 months to do their thing but after seeing the Mississauga thread and it seems people are getting their PPR or COPR in 3 months and it’s like a fun game saying..ohh I got my PPR today and it’s onky been 3 months and 4 days..someone else will say..I got mine in 3 months and 2 days like it’s some kinda race and all of us others are like.. well..mine says still in process and there’s been no movement for 3 months.. it’s pretty bad. I’m glad people are reuniting with their loved ones but be humble. Saying you can’t belive how fast it was and all the rest of us are thinking how slow it is, isn’t exactly making things a joy by bragging. But yeah...like I said..I command you CIC to hurry up.
Yes me too I'm December applicant and still waiting. Let's all just be positive and not to stress and be lonely too much bout the application . Better to enjoy your remaining months of your home country that what I am doing now. And not always thinking bout the waiting game . Cheer up. Things will be fine.

Jan 15, 2018
Hello, I am sponsoring my spouse and we have submitted the application in March 2018 and the background check has started. I am posting this enquiry on this thread, as perhaps applicants with a few additional months will have an answer. Upon review of our documents we have realized that we have indicated wrong dates on the IMM 5669 form under addresses.
There are dates we indicated that my spouse was residing in his home country but in fact he was here in Canada. What is the best way to correct this? Should we send an email to the IRCC webform and explain the error? Thank you for any advice!

Gilymar

Apr 10, 2018
Hello, I am sponsoring my spouse and we have submitted the application in March 2018 and the background check has started. I am posting this enquiry on this thread, as perhaps applicants with a few additional months will have an answer. Upon review of our documents we have realized that we have indicated wrong dates on the IMM 5669 form under addresses.
There are dates we indicated that my spouse was residing in his home country but in fact he was here in Canada. What is the best way to correct this? Should we send an email to the IRCC webform and explain the error? Thank you for any advice!
I suggest to inform them via webform with a letter of explanation.

Canadian.In.NZ.

Star Member
Aug 2, 2017
Category........
FAM
Hey all just an update, got COPR on July 2.
Dec 27 - app stayed in Mississauga
DM May 27
PPR was by Sydney, Aus. May 29.

Thank you to everyone for all of your help, much appreciated!

Maemae26

Star Member
Feb 11, 2018
I checked gckey acc and it says "we are processing your background check, we will send you a message if we need more information". Does anyone know how long will it take to finish bcg?