+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

kwtangerine

Oct 14, 2016
Hi all,

Just want to update the thread that I received invite to Oath Ceremony on Oct 3rd. The ceremony itself will be held on Nov 1st. For those of you who are still waiting, I was in your shoes as well but just simply be patient. Things will progress, albeit slower than expected. Good luck everyone!
Admin, please update the sheet for informational purpose.. I think my update was missed somehow..

Shine234

Aug 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
Nomination.....
14-07-2014
AOR Received.
12-03-2015
Med's Done....
5 June 2015
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
How long after DM, can we expect to receive the email for invitation to oath? Status just changed to DM !!!

Shine234

Aug 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
Nomination.....
14-07-2014
AOR Received.
12-03-2015
Med's Done....
5 June 2015
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Admin, please update the sheet for informational purpose.. I think my update was missed somehow..
How long after DM, did u receive the email for invitation to oath? My Status just changed to DM !!!

tracy0831

Sep 16, 2015
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 29, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 7, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on March 12, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on May 24, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 20, 2018 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

I see there are 2 other applicants who took the exam on the same day as me and still haven't got any update yet..

Paulson

Star Member
May 3, 2017
Windsor applicants - two
IP since March 5, 2018:
Received test/interview invite for Nov 14 through email a while ago today - someone to please update sheet.

A couple of questions here as well:

1. Test/invite info not yet there in ECAS - will this be shown?

2. Have also received a form named ‘Prohibitions Under Citizenship Act’ to be singed and handed over to Immigration Officer on Nov 14 - is it a standard process??

kwtangerine

Oct 14, 2016
How long after DM, did u receive the email for invitation to oath? My Status just changed to DM !!!
My status changed to DM on Sept 7th, and I received the Oath invite on Oct 4th. Congrats on your DM!

Windsor applicants - two
IP since March 5, 2018:
Received test/interview invite for Nov 14 through email a while ago today - someone to please update sheet.

2. Have also received a form named ‘Prohibitions Under Citizenship Act’ to be singed and handed over to Immigration Officer on Nov 14 - is it a standard process??
Test info will be shown on ECAS in a few business days usually.

I received the same form in my Oath Invite. I think your situation might be that if you pass the test, you'll have the Oath on the same day immediately after. I have seen situations like yours before, congrats!

Paulson

Star Member
May 3, 2017
My status changed to DM on Sept 7th, and I received the Oath invite on Oct 4th. Congrats on your DM!

I received the same form in my Oath Invite. I think your situation might be that if you pass the test, you'll have the Oath on the same day immediately after. I have seen situations like yours before, congrats!

Thanks for the feedback

Thanks for your feedback. Here is the thing that being test exempt, we have to go through the interview part only. Does that mean an oath to follow after interview just because they sent the Prohibition form?

ppatel86

Oct 10, 2018
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 18, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 29, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on February 24, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on February 24, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Docs sent on March 22nd 2018. In process since then. Plz add me.

HLR

Champion Member
May 28, 2013
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 18, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 29, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on February 24, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on February 24, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Docs sent on March 22nd 2018. In process since then. Plz add me.
added to the Dec sheet. Good luck.
Can you share your
Physical Presence Days
App. Sent date

HLR

Champion Member
May 28, 2013
Windsor applicants - two
IP since March 5, 2018:

Congrats, updated the sheet

HLR

Champion Member
May 28, 2013
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 29, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 7, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on March 12, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on May 24, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 20, 2018 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
I see there are 2 other applicants who took the exam on the same day as me and still haven't got any update yet..
added to the Dec sheet, good luck

hrmehran

Oct 8, 2018
Ours is IP since Mar 2, 2018. Whenever I call IRCC or contact them through web form, I get the reply that everything about the file seems to be good. I should wait for the next steps. I am in the same situation as yours.. really frustrated.
For me is the same thing , Whenever I call IRCC I get the same answer ,