+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

ms.ngn

Dec 8, 2017
Can someone update the sheet for me?
Got test invitation on Aug 22 to write test on Oct 4, waiting for Oath Invitation

amd87

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
I'm really confused about how different IRCC offices queue up applicants after the Decision Made state. I can understand that different applications have different requirements, timelines, processing times, etc so they have varying processing times.

But after reaching DM, every application should be the same, right? Nothing left except to get them to come and take the oath.
So if someone got DM first, they should get oath letter first too?

I just don't get this seemingly random order of applications being processed!!

LoganWick

Jun 17, 2017
I'm really confused about how different IRCC offices queue up applicants after the Decision Made state. I can understand that different applications have different requirements, timelines, processing times, etc so they have varying processing times.

But after reaching DM, every application should be the same, right? Nothing left except to get them to come and take the oath.

I hear you. People who got decision made weeks after me are getting oath invite and I have nothing .....

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013

A lot of variables are involved. The biggest is the office handling your application. Even in the same office, it is likely not a FIFO (First In First Out) system and there are multiple streams depending on how the group your application and the officer working it. I'm sure some officers are faster than others. And they take their vacations like anywhere else.

LoganWick

Jun 17, 2017
A lot of variables are involved. The biggest is the office handling your application. Even in the same office, it is likely not a FIFO (First In First Out) system and there are multiple streams depending on how the group your application and the officer working it. I'm sure some officers are faster than others. And they take their vacations like anywhere else.
Its a broken system that needs to be fixed ... there should be a systematic way to send oath invities once a decision has been made. Rather than depending on the officers whose efficiency is 20% and love to take vacations and pensions ...

saph498

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
My application status is in process since february 28th, and no email or update yet you have any suggestions about that guys??:( my home country passport expired too, I am afraid to send it out for renewal and will be invited for the test any time :(

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
My application status is in process since february 28th, and no email or update yet you have any suggestions about that guys??:( my home country passport expired too, I am afraid to send it out for renewal and will be invited for the test any time :(
If it hasn’t happened after long enough time , then it’s probably not going to happen any time soon . I renewed my passport , and had also sent out my PR renewal application after in process for 10 months

saph498

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
If it hasn’t happened after long enough time , then it’s probably not going to happen any time soon . I renewed my passport , and had also sent out my PR renewal application after in process for 10 months
The embassy which does my passport renewal process may send it back after two or three month. This freaking me out.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
The embassy which does my passport renewal process may send it back after two or three month. This freaking me out.
That long? Mine was 3 weeks ... but it was just a couple of months after I submitted my citizenship application, so even if it were 3 months I would still be ok - now it looks like even if it took 10 months it still wouldn’t have affected anything for my citizenship application lol

saph498

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
That long? Mine was 3 weeks ... but it was just a couple of months after I submitted my citizenship application, so even if it were 3 months I would still be ok - now it looks like even if it took 10 months it still wouldn’t have affected anything for my citizenship application lol
Ya, if I knew it will take that long, would sending out my passport earlier. My passport expired beginning of sepSeptem, I would thought I had my citizenship by then lol :(