+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

ichina

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Hello there,

it is still unclear to me in what locations our files get processed, is it in Sydney or everybody in its local immigration office?
why we send files to Sydney and then they send it to local offices?
may be part of the processing is in Sydney, then they send the files to the local offices for the rest of processing !!
Could anybody clarify that to me.
Thanks in advance
My understanding is that Sydney pre-screen the apps to see if they are complete. If not, send the app back for revision. Only those completed cases will be sent to local office for further processing.

PotentialCitizen

Apr 5, 2018
My understanding is that Sydney pre-screen the apps to see if they are complete. If not, send the app back for revision. Only those completed cases will be sent to local office for further processing.
thanks for your reply.
in this case why does each city have its own queue, i mean some applications looks processed faster than other applications from different city ?

A&A13

Apr 18, 2018
Hi, I am also from Edmonton. With almost same timeline as yours. I tried to call CIC and was told that everything seems great. I will receive test invite very soon. Just wondering did you get email for invite yet or still waiting? Please update me when you get test invite. Thanks
I finally received official confirmation through an email for test date. My knowledge test is schedule for June 18th. Though online status hasn't change yet.

Admin, can you please update it?

patel5655

Jan 3, 2018
I finally received official confirmation through an email for test date. My knowledge test is schedule for June 18th. Though online status hasn't change yet.

Admin, can you please update it?
Same here. I received an email from cic edmonton office for test but online status havent changed yet. Thanks for information. We are in same boat. My test is on June 19,2018.

SATDXB

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-09
Doc's Request.
02-Oct-09
File Transfer...
06-Oct-09
Med's Request
18-08-10
Med's Done....
09-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-01-2011 - Passport sent on 22-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
19th May 2011- Thanks to Almighty!
Same here. I received an email from cic edmonton office for test but online status havent changed yet. Thanks for information. We are in same boat. My test is on June 19,2018.
Congrats . Give a day and you will see the test date appearing on your online status.

Cheers...

punk

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got updates via Phone.

My file: Security, background and criminality in process
My wife: all of the above cleared

Files are en-route to local centre (Mississauga).

I guess I still have a long long way to go

mjsingh

Dec 29, 2017
My ECAS has an update which is
**We sent you correspondence on May 29, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

What is that? I did not receive any email.