December 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

jas_to_canada

Star Member
Dec 9, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Hi everyone,
I got a letter asking for 1 more identification document. Does anyone know if you can mail or email the document to IRCC?

The letter does not mention anything either way to send.

Thanks,

kaladhar

May 25, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
LANDED..........
Feb 3, 2016
Hi everyone,
I got a letter asking for 1 more identification document. Does anyone know if you can mail or email the document to IRCC?
The letter does not mention anything either way to send.
Thanks,
I am old-fashioned and I will send the document both via webform and regular mail, just to be on the safer side.

Mail:
You can send the additional ID photocopy via Courier along with a short cover letter explaining the ids that you've previously submitted and the photo id that you have chosen to submit now, include your UCI/Application number/Dob in your cover letter so they can easily track your application, and you could also mention in the letter that you have submitted the ID via Webform. Granted it will cost a little bit if you decide to send it via Courier however you can breathe easy know that it will reach them sooner.

Webform:
Once, you have sent the courier, It shouldn't take much time to send the document via this step. Just an added extra backup plan. :D

Perhaps, any other applicants who were in the same boat as yours can share their experiences with you. In the end, you have a choice, man! This is just the route I would take :)

Good luck!

Kal

Reactions: jas_to_canada

jas_to_canada

Star Member
Dec 9, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
I am old-fashioned and I will send the document both via webform and regular mail, just to be on the safer side.

Mail:
You can send the additional ID photocopy via Courier along with a short cover letter explaining the ids that you've previously submitted and the photo id that you have chosen to submit now, include your UCI/Application number/Dob in your cover letter so they can easily track your application, and you could also mention in the letter that you have submitted the ID via Webform. Granted it will cost a little bit if you decide to send it via Courier however you can breathe easy know that it will reach them sooner.

Webform:
Once, you have sent the courier, It shouldn't take much time to send the document via this step. Just an added extra backup plan. :D

Perhaps, any other applicants who were in the same boat as yours can share their experiences with you. In the end, you have a choice, man! This is just the route I would take :)

Good luck!

Kal
Thanks for the information! I just got off from the phone with IRCC, they also stated to send the document by the mail or courier quoting the UCI or application #, but I will add a cover letter as well.

fsarosh

Aug 9, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Year 2010
Med's Request
28-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-05-2013
Passport Req..
25-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-2013
LANDED..........
22-01-2014
You can receive information about your application, whether it's already been sent or is still in transit to your local file processing office, any additional notes left on your application by the CO, and whether your application has been approved for urgent processing or not (if you've requested for one).

Waiting time when I called this morning was 37 minutes :p

Good luck with your application.. :)

Kal
Thanks very much

SATDXB

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-09
Doc's Request.
02-Oct-09
File Transfer...
06-Oct-09
Med's Request
18-08-10
Med's Done....
09-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-01-2011 - Passport sent on 22-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
19th May 2011- Thanks to Almighty!

oatmeal123

Jan 21, 2018
You can receive information about your application, whether it's already been sent or is still in transit to your local file processing office, any additional notes left on your application by the CO, and whether your application has been approved for urgent processing or not (if you've requested for one).

Waiting time when I called this morning was 37 minutes :p

Good luck with your application.. :)

Kal
Which number did you call? I called 8 times today...and each time the call dropped because they could not transfer me to an agent (too busy) :( I'm so worried I still haven't received my In Process...

kaladhar

May 25, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
LANDED..........
Feb 3, 2016
Which number did you call? I called 8 times today...and each time the call dropped because they could not transfer me to an agent (too busy) :( I'm so worried I still haven't received my In Process...
Please try this number >> IRCC Toll free #: 1888-242-2100
You'll get it soon, man!
Have a little patience :)

Kal

Reactions: oatmeal123

civilengr

Sep 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/27/2014
AOR Received.
PER 01/28/2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
Additional docs requested : 03/06/2015. doc sent 03/20/2015 RPRF : 03/27/2015
Med's Request
03/28/2015
Med's Done....
04/07/2015 Medical recieved : 04/14/2015
Interview........
Decision Made : 05/30/2015
Passport Req..
06/02/2015
LANDED..........
06/25/2015
Reactions: DESIGN.IQ

ik1

Jan 31, 2018
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 7, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 12, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on March 22, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on April 6, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
It has been 5 business days i haven’t received any letter from IRCC, does any one has similar issue? I am also traveling outside Canada what number should i use to enquire about the letter not being received?