+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

kaladhar

May 25, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
LANDED..........
Feb 3, 2016
what information about your application is usually disclosed when you call CIC? Any experiences
You can receive information about your application, whether it's already been sent or is still in transit to your local file processing office, any additional notes left on your application by the CO, and whether your application has been approved for urgent processing or not (if you've requested for one).

Waiting time when I called this morning was 37 minutes :p

Good luck with your application.. :)

Kal

kaladhar

May 25, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
LANDED..........
Feb 3, 2016
My eCAS says application received and the book has been sent on Feb 08 though till this date I have not received anything.
We won't be receiving the book. If you notice on ECAS, it's an embedded hyperlink which will direct you to the Order the book page if you click on it. You can request the book for free if you like a physical copy or download a pdf version or an audio file. Whichever you prefer!

Good luck with your application :)

Kal

sam001

Star Member
Apr 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2014
AOR Received.
15-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-04-2015
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
Sept 30, 2015

sam001

Star Member
Apr 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2014
AOR Received.
15-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-04-2015
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
Sept 30, 2015

DESIGN.IQ

Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
HI,
I have few questions please:

Does invite come in mail only?
My eCAS says application received and the book has been sent on Feb 08 though till this date I have not received anything.
Is anyone else in the same boat? app delivered Dec 01 but, App received on eCas Feb 08 and nothing after that.

Thank you
Did you receive AOR Email ??

Keyurderasari

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
gujarat
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 march 2015
AOR Received.
20 may 2015
File Transfer...
13 may 2015
Med's Request
26 january 2016 (ReMedical)
Med's Done....
1 february 2016
Interview........
hope not
When did you do your fingerprint .Did you open the letter and see it before sending to IRCc
I did my fingerprint at local rcmp office.and yes i check letter and it say that i dont have any criminal record or immigration frud etc etc i also asked officials ppl and they advised me to send it to immigration office from where i got fingerprint request.

portobella79

Feb 27, 2018
I just got home and was so happy to see a letter from CIC thinking it was the test invite, only to have it be a request for fingerprints.

I am totally feustrfrus and confused. My husband was a police officer in the Dominican Republic, where he was born, and never had any record of miscondomi neither their nor here. He also has a very distint and unique name. So why would CIC request fingerprint?

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
I just got home and was so happy to see a letter from CIC thinking it was the test invite, only to have it be a request for fingerprints.

I am totally feustrfrus and confused. My husband was a police officer in the Dominican Republic, where he was born, and never had any record of miscondomi neither their nor here. He also has a very distint and unique name. So why would CIC request fingerprint?
Some requests are simply random, but who knows. If he has nothing to hide, there is nothing to worry about. It shouldn't delay anything if it's a negative hit with the RCMP.

VFX_man

Star Member
Feb 20, 2017

A few of my friends were discussing it -- and were thinking it might be a way to delay some of the processing due to the large amount of applications. I had the fingerprint request, but my wife did not. So go figure.

portobella79

Feb 27, 2018
Thanks for helping to ease my mind. Another thing was we are in Hamilton, Ontario but the request for FP came from the Toronto office and not my local office. Is that normal?