+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

azfar800

Apr 14, 2014
did anyone get visa stamps translated? if yes, did you just get some place to translate them or also got affidavit along with it?

also, what all documents are to be taken to the test besides passports, health card, PR card, language proficiency certificate, drivers license, invitation test print out?

thanks
Take your landing paper as well.

Your stamps have to be translated via a registered translator who will certify the stamps for you in English. It should have the translators registration number, contact details.

Reactions: canadian.dream1

tgwcc15

Oct 10, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Category........
FSW
finally, the end game - we have received our passports and are officially Canadian Citizens.

Thank you for being an awesome community. I will pop in and out to answer questions based on my overall experience to help those who are new to the process. Paying it forward.;)

For those waiting, hang in there. Your time will come.:D

Reactions: hfinkel

sam001

Star Member
Apr 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2014
AOR Received.
15-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-04-2015
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
Sept 30, 2015
May I ask, how many days after your oath were you able to submit your passport application?
You can apply as soon as the next day. As soon as you see your ecas updated to "complete", you can apply.

canadian.dream1

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
are we to get passport stamps translated even for the period before eligibility period? or only those stamps during the 5 year eligibility period?
thanks

azfar800

Apr 14, 2014
are we to get passport stamps translated even for the period before eligibility period? or only those stamps during the 5 year eligibility period?
thanks
If they are in the same passport, yes you will need to translate everything. If its an old passport even before you applied for Canadian Immigration, then no need. I had to translate two my passports, as when I initially applied for immigration in 2009, I had to translate that as well.

SANAGhada

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
Dear Friends
Application received on 21 December 2017
Acknowledgent on 2 February 2018
Processing start on 12 March 2018
Test invite notice on 10 October
Test Done on 6 November 2018
Passed 20/20
My ecas still showing IN PROCESSING
3 months since the test no Oath invitation yet and time limits is exceeded
Montreal office
Your Advice plz is appreciated
Thank you

sunnybh

Dec 11, 2017
Dear Friends
Application received on 21 December 2017
Acknowledgent on 2 February 2018
Processing start on 12 March 2018
Test invite notice on 10 October
Test Done on 6 November 2018
Passed 20/20
My ecas still showing IN PROCESSING
3 months since the test no Oath invitation yet and time limits is exceeded
Montreal office
Your Advice plz is appreciated
Thank you
You have been seeking advice in almost all threads. Members have already advised you to call them directly. Have you tried calling IRCC, and sending webform? You can order your GCMS notes, which can throw some light, though it may take about a month to receive. As all cases are different, members will not have specific information to your case, they will all advice you to keep calling directly until you get a satisfactory answer from IRCC. You can even approach your MP for help.

SANAGhada

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
You have been seeking advice in almost all threads. Members have already advised you to call them directly. Have you tried calling IRCC, and sending webform? You can order your GCMS notes, which can throw some light, though it may take about a month to receive. As all cases are different, members will not have specific information to your case, they will all advice you to keep calling directly until you get a satisfactory answer from IRCC. You can even approach your MP for help.
Thank you very much

saph498

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
I applied for citizenship on DEC 1, 2017. still waiting for test invite. I called them last month, they said more patience. Is it just me here in this situation.