+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

shirinak

Feb 13, 2017
Finally My wife also got test invite for 6th September. From Vancouver and was in process since 13th Feb. Now she is also out of canada. if we want to change the test date what is the procedure and how much will our process be delayed for getting next test date. Is it advisable to change the date. Can we choose any dates our choice in September or October. Can anybody guide us what to do.
In the pdf they emailed you there is a “request a new appointment” button , they need you name , email address, your paper number ( top if the email they sent you) , and ask the reason ( im away because of a family medical situation) and ask you to choose 3 dates between september and november ( it is all explained in the email) , they review the dates , select one and send you another email.

msrao02

Oct 16, 2015
In the pdf they emailed you there is a “request a new appointment” button , they need you name , email address, your paper number ( top if the email they sent you) , and ask the reason ( im away because of a family medical situation) and ask you to choose 3 dates between september and november ( it is all explained in the email) , they review the dates , select one and send you another email.
Thanks for detailed description. I had already seen the details in the email. My main query is can we choose our own dates or do we have to go with one of the date given by them? Have u done the process of changing the date?

msrao02

Oct 16, 2015
Finally My wife also got test invite for 6th September. From Vancouver and was in process since 13th Feb. Now she is also out of canada. if we want to change the test date what is the procedure and how much will our process be delayed for getting next test date. Is it advisable to change the date. Can we choose any dates our choice in September or October. Can anybody guide us what to do.
Dear Admin, you are requested to add the following details in December sheet. She has applied from Vancouver.
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 7, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 23, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on February 13, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on February 19, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you a notice on August 2, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on September 6, 2018 at 12:31 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Admin, you are requested to add the following details in December sheet. She has applied from Vancouver.
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 7, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 23, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on February 13, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on February 19, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you a notice on August 2, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on September 6, 2018 at 12:31 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Added to December sheet.

VFX_man

Star Member
Feb 20, 2017
in Process since Feb 25th. no Test invite yet. Should I be worried?
I just called to make sure there were no outstanding issues (IP March 14th).

Was told background checks were complete and they would contact me if any additional information was required.

Was told just have to wait for the test invite via email. The phone assistance personnel do not have date specific information on your processing since it’s in the hands of the local office.

It seems like it depends on your case handler. Several friends who submitted around the time of myself are already citizens. :/

Number to call:
1-888-242-2100 [after the initial intro in ENG/FRN] press option: 4 [citizenship], 0 [operator].

Cheers, VFX

k.said

Mar 7, 2018
It seems like it depends on your case handler. Several friends who submitted around the time of myself are already citizens. :/
We all get to the same conclusion like you did : the application depends more on the agent that handles the file than the candidate or the requester himself/herself.
The IRCC call center can do nothing. They have no authority on the application except for the basic administrative follow up like address change

klemzo

Star Member
Oct 25, 2012
Does anyone who have written the test have a good updated link for practice test questions that I can use to study for my test? Any help will be appreciated.

Rjanda

Aug 3, 2018
Application Submit Date: December 2017
Application In Process: April 2018.
I haven't heard back anything from them. Should I call them?

gudluckcanada

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
App. Filed.......
11-12-2017
AOR Received.
02-01-2018
Same here :( my friend who applied months after me already took the test .
Did your friend apply from the same location ? I see that the speed of processing varies based on the location/centre that is processing your application.

paramjit

Star Member
Oct 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi,India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
7.5 Bands
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2013
LANDED..........
In July-2013
I called IRCC today for an update, they have received the FP results , background checks done and the next step is the test invite. The test invite will be by an email so she told me to check the spams also.
Hope I get it soon.
Dec 2017 applicant , Mississauga office.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
I just heard from my wife, who just had her test/interview at Scarborough. She passed (20/20) and the interview seemed to go well. The interviewer told her "congratulations" at the end (which i assume is a good thing), and said that she should hear back from them before December 4th (which would be exactly one year since the date she signed and mailed her application).