App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-11-2016
I received the AOR1 email for our application today. It took 13 days from when it was delivered so not bad! I have updated the spreadsheet :)

Survivor27

Champion Member
May 24, 2016
Planet Earth!
Visa Office......
CEM
App. Filed.......
20.Dec.2016
Doc's Request.
22.Mar.2017
AOR Received.
05.Jan.2017
File Transfer...
13.Jan.2017
Med's Done....
17.Nov.2016_IOM
Passport Req..
19.June.2017
VISA ISSUED...
23.June.2017
LANDED..........
09.Sept.2017
pippalei said:
I received the AOR1 email for our application today. It took 13 days from when it was delivered so not bad! I have updated the spreadsheet :)
Great! Hope you will now be able to link your app to MyCIC :)

Badi

Jun 13, 2011
Hello all,

Just wondering i filed an inland application am i supposed to get the same timelining as filing an outland appication.???

I send my application on the 19th of dec 2016 and it was recieved on the 21th of dec (by canada post) but until now i didny recieve an AOR1 its been almost 21 days! Is that normal? And also i cant link my application online.

Survivor27

Champion Member
May 24, 2016
Planet Earth!
Visa Office......
CEM
App. Filed.......
20.Dec.2016
Doc's Request.
22.Mar.2017
AOR Received.
05.Jan.2017
File Transfer...
13.Jan.2017
Med's Done....
17.Nov.2016_IOM
Passport Req..
19.June.2017
VISA ISSUED...
23.June.2017
LANDED..........
09.Sept.2017
Badi said:
Hello all,

Just wondering i filed an inland application am i supposed to get the same timelining as filing an outland appication.???

I send my application on the 19th of dec 2016 and it was recieved on the 21th of dec (by canada post) but until now i didny recieve an AOR1 its been almost 21 days! Is that normal? And also i cant link my application online.
Processing for both outland and inland are now the same which is 12 months.

There were some members here who never got AOR1. Instead, just SA and AOR2.

When you signed up for GCKey, the name you used was exactly the same you have on the application? Have you tried the below steps?

=====================
1. Logged in with GC Key account.
2. Permanent Residence > Family Class (Spouses)
2-a. Application Number and Family Name - Copy/pasted application number from email (including the F) and entered PA's last name.
3. City of Birth - I entered 1 space (hit spacebar once)
4. Country of Birth - Selected PA's country of birth
5. Passport Info - Did not enter any passport info
6. Other Application Info - Filled out the other application info as per our application
and put '2' as the number of members in the application. I am sponsoring my husband, no dependents.

Again, for 2-a, I selected Family Name, Given Name, Birthday (This is Principal Applicant's (PA) info). On no. 6, I entered '4' because I have 2 dependents.

=====================

Badi

Jun 13, 2011
Thank you for your prompt reply .
Yes i tried the steps you mentioned like 100 times didnt work at all. Im just confused i need to know at least if they got my package or not if not i will send another one..

Do you know any other method i can do to know if they revieved my application at least?

KloveG

Sep 4, 2016
Dominican Republic
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2017 AOR and SA
File Transfer...
20-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront and again October 24, 2017
Med's Done....
06-10-2016 and 24-10-2016
Interview........
24-10-2017
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-11-2017
LANDED..........
18-12-2017
pippalei said:
Yay! We are the same days :) Exciting

I have a feeling mine might take a couple days more as we hand wrote everything on the forms and did not validate and use the barcode

harisyaqoob

Star Member
Nov 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd December 2016
AOR Received.
9th December 2016
File Transfer...
SA : December 20th 2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Badi said:
Thank you for your prompt reply .
Yes i tried the steps you mentioned like 100 times didnt work at all. Im just confused i need to know at least if they got my package or not if not i will send another one..

Do you know any other method i can do to know if they revieved my application at least?

Track from the tracking number provided by the courier you sent it by ?

jaymehta26

Jan 9, 2017
I need some advice plz if you could help. I will send my application to Mississauga today. My wife, Indian citizen, works in Oman. The closest VO is Abu Dhabi.

Question, who decides if her application is sent to Abu Dhabi VO or New Delhi VO? I will request in the cover letter that they send it to Abu Dhabi.

I push for Abu Dhabi as the processing times are faster compared to New Delhi.

Thanks
Jay

harisyaqoob

Star Member
Nov 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd December 2016
AOR Received.
9th December 2016
File Transfer...
SA : December 20th 2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
jaymehta26 said:
I need some advice plz if you could help. I will send my application to Mississauga today. My wife, Indian citizen, works in Oman. The closest VO is Abu Dhabi.

Question, who decides if her application is sent to Abu Dhabi VO or New Delhi VO? I will request in the cover letter that they send it to Abu Dhabi.

Thanks
Jay
According to my knowledge, you have no say where your file goes to. Its totally decided by CIC. I am a Pakistani national living in Dubai and I thought my file would go to ADVO but it went to London VO where pakistani nationals files go to. Hence, I can accurately assume that your file will go to NDVO as its based on the applicants nationality.

Also, processing times is 12months for all new applications regardless of the VO the file is sent to.

bukayo

Star Member
May 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2016
Doc's Request.
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1 18-11-2016 AOR2 28-11-2016
Med's Done....
05-10-2016
jaymehta26 said:

Thanks
Jay
All processing times is 12 months regardless to which VO they send your application.

jaymehta26

Jan 9, 2017
bukayo said:
All processing times is 12 months regardless to which VO they send your application.
harisyaqoob said:
According to my knowledge, you have no say where your file goes to. Its totally decided by CIC. I am a Pakistani national living in Dubai and I thought my file would go to ADVO but it went to London VO where pakistani nationals files go to. Hence, I can accurately assume that your file will go to NDVO as its based on the applicants nationality.

Also, processing times is 12months for all new applications regardless of the VO the file is sent to.
I don't mean to create rumors about shorter processing times. I have viewed the timelines of NDVO and ADVO on various google docs and I believe ADVO takes less time.
Chances are I may be wrong.

Thanks
Jay

Staunts2015

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
11-12-2019
jaymehta26 said:
I don't mean to create rumors about shorter processing times. I have viewed the timelines of NDVO and ADVO on various google docs and I believe ADVO takes less time.
Chances are I may be wrong.

Thanks
Jay
IRCC just implemented pretty big changes to the immigration timeline for everyone. Now, everyone is given a 12 month timeline, regardless of inland/outland or visa offices. It hasn't been long enough to see if any particular visa offices are faster than others, or if they all have roughly the same timeline, under this new system, but we will see. Regardless, harisyaqoob is correct in saying we can't decide which VO our application is sent to.

carsonTO

Star Member
Jan 11, 2017
Hi new user here.
My package was delivered on 29th Dec, and up to now I still havent received any confirmation email yet. I read some posters here who delivered their stuff around the same time have received the email. What should I do? I am kinda worrying.

Louman64

Sep 22, 2016
scarborough toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
10-04-2019
Doc's Request.
No news yet
carsonTO said:
Hi new user here.
My package was delivered on 29th Dec, and up to now I still havent received any confirmation email yet. I read some posters here who delivered their stuff around the same time have received the email. What should I do? I am kinda worrying.
If you have proof of delivery I dont think you should be worried...mine took almost 20 days before I received AOR

oneesaenv

Star Member
Jan 31, 2016
I was finally able to link my account with my application :')
I didn't receive an e-mail for AOR1 tho

Now waiting for SA! :D