FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
Sent on 07-01-2017 SA...............:12-01-2017
File Transfer...
12-01-2017 AOR2...........: 02-02-2017 CSQ Filed....: 18-01-2017 CSQ Received: 05-04-2017
Med's Done....
07-12-2016 upfront - Passed
Interview........
Not Needed Bg Check......: 26-08-2017 DM...............: 29-09-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
17-11-2017
KloveG said:
Was this on your cic account? Maybe you will actually get an email Monday? Since Jan 7 was Saturday? I'm surprised they work on Saturday, but I won't complain haha!
I checked it here https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do
It gives more informations when logged in with sponsor's details...
Hopefully I'll get the email Monday. And ya we won't complain of them working on weekend :)

pippalei

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-11-2016
Hello,

I was reading some of your posts about linking your application online.
Can someone clarify for me what this means? Is it something we need to do once we submit the app?

We submitted our application package by mail and didn't do anything online other than the forms which required validating for the barcode.

Cheers and thanks in advance!

:)

Survivor27

Champion Member
May 24, 2016
Planet Earth!
Visa Office......
CEM
App. Filed.......
20.Dec.2016
Doc's Request.
22.Mar.2017
AOR Received.
05.Jan.2017
File Transfer...
13.Jan.2017
Med's Done....
17.Nov.2016_IOM
Passport Req..
19.June.2017
VISA ISSUED...
23.June.2017
LANDED..........
09.Sept.2017
pippalei said:
Hello,

I was reading some of your posts about linking your application online.
Can someone clarify for me what this means? Is it something we need to do once we submit the app?

We submitted our application package by mail and didn't do anything online other than the forms which required validating for the barcode.

Cheers and thanks in advance!

:)
It's ecas and MyCIC is the one where you should link your application after you receive AOR1. Have you tried checking your app on ecas?

To link your application to MyCIC, you may follow the below steps. It was posted few months ago by one of the members here. It worked for many like me :)

==============================

1. Logged in with GC Key account.
2. Permanent Residence > Family Class (Spouses)
2-a. Application Number and Family Name - Copy/pasted application number from email (including the F) and entered PA's last name.
3. City of Birth - I entered 1 space (hit spacebar once)
4. Country of Birth - Selected PA's country of birth
5. Passport Info - Did not enter any passport info
6. Other Application Info - Filled out the other application info as per our application
and put '2' as the number of members in the application. I am sponsoring my husband, no dependents.

Again, for 2-a, I selected Family Name, Given Name, Birthday (This is Principal Applicant's (PA) info).

On no. 6, I entered '4' because I have 2 dependents.

Btw, I am the Principal Applicant :)

Good luck!

Staunts2015

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
11-12-2019
senelfer said:
Hey guys, I just checked on the Canada Post website with my tracking number to see who signed my document. Apparently it was has been delivered, but there is no name or mention of it being signed. I've tried calling but they only have automated calling, does anyone know what I could do about this?
I believe you only get signature notification if you send it by private courier, not Canada Post. Either way, if you know it's been delivered, that's all that matters. Everyone posts about who signed for their package, but it's just because they're really excited (which is understandable). So don't worry about that :D

nightriderx

Dec 4, 2016
With the new documents, is it still possible to sponsor my wife Outland if she live with me with Visitor Visa?

Because i have 2 choice

#1 I am currently living in canada with my sponsor, and i am applying under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class
#2 I am currently living outside Canada, and I am applying under Family Class

If i choose #2 I feel i'm lying...

MrCWilly

Sep 11, 2016
Hi there,

My application was received Dec. 13 2016. The application is for my partner living in Germany. I have been told this means that the application will be processed in Vienna. Is there a google doc I can enter my information into and also get a feel for how long applications took to be processed in Vienna in 2016?

Cheers!

senelfer

Jan 1, 2017
MrCWilly said:
Hi there,

My application was received Dec. 13 2016. The application is for my partner living in Germany. I have been told this means that the application will be processed in Vienna. Is there a google doc I can enter my information into and also get a feel for how long applications took to be processed in Vienna in 2016?

Cheers!

I'm not able to post the link, but go page 2 of this forum and look at the first name skyzee, this person has the spreadsheet doc

Determined

Nov 23, 2015
Survivor27 said:
I posted below texts earlier about linking application to MyCIC. You might want to try it too. The steps were shared few months ago by one of the forum mates here:

====================
Thank you For your response Survivor27. I tried to link it but it said because we are using a representative that only they can have access. Will be in touch with them tomorrow so they can link it. A little inconvenient..

Nweis, don't lose hope. You will still get your Apps linked to MyCIC. Yes, it's the same below steps that I followed:

2-a. Application Number and Family Name - Copy/pasted application number from email (including the F) and entered PA's last name.
6. Other Application Info - Filled out the other application info as per our application and put '2' as the number of members in the application. I am sponsoring my husband, no dependents.

Again, for 2-a, I selected Family Name, Given Name, Birthday (This is Principal Applicant's (PA) info).

Btw, I am the Principal Applicant

====================

The account should be in Principal Applicant's name.

Good luck!

phuong

Dec 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MrCWilly said:
Hi there,

Cheers!
my sign

Lia77

Sep 4, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
03-08-2017
AOR Received.
22-09-2017
File Transfer...
10-10-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
03-01-2018
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2018
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hello,

Me and my husband were married in 2011 by proxy( through video conference) while I was in Canada and my husband was in Bangladesh. We have legal marriage certificate from Bangladesh but not from Canada. After 4 months of our marriage I came here in Bangladesh to live with my husband. Its been 5 years we are living together and also have a 3 years old daughter. So when I apply for my husband is it going to be refuse because of our proxy marriage even if we have Bangladeshi legal marriage certificate? Is there any way CIC will approve legal proxy marriages like ours?

thanks

Bcboundboy

Aug 16, 2016
Lia77 said:
Hello,

Me and my husband were married in 2011 by proxy( through video conference) while I was in Canada and my husband was in Bangladesh. We have legal marriage certificate from Bangladesh but not from Canada. After 4 months of our marriage I came here in Bangladesh to live with my husband. Its been 5 years we are living together and also have a 3 years old daughter. So when I apply for my husband is it going to be refuse because of our proxy marriage even if we have Bangladeshi legal marriage certificate? Is there any way CIC will approve legal proxy marriages like ours?

thanks
It won't be refused because you had a proxy marriage. The proxy marriage, however, won't be accepted. You'll need to apply as a common law couple, which you should easily meet as having lived together for 5 years, but so far as CIC are concerned, you're not legally married.

kimmwahli

Jun 3, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-12-2016
Doc's Request.
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1 21-12-2016/No AOR2
File Transfer...
28-12-2016;
Med's Done....
Upfront 11-2016
Passport Req..
05-04-2017 / ECAS DM: 06-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
VOH: 17-04-2017
Survivor27 said:
It's ecas and MyCIC is the one where you should link your application after you receive AOR1. Have you tried checking your app on ecas?

To link your application to MyCIC, you may follow the below steps. It was posted few months ago by one of the members here. It worked for many like me :)

6. Other Application Info - Filled out the other application info as per our application
and put '2' as the number of members in the application. I am sponsoring my husband, no dependents.

Good luck!

Been trying this option like forever but my spouse who is the principal applicant, using his own cic account, cic website still keep on saying no application found eventhough ecas showed it already started processing the application :(

phuong

Dec 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
should SA days the same for or VSO ? I remember saw some where saying SA should take 22 days after they receive it, but I couldn't find it any more.

I sent out app Dec6 and got AOR1 Dec 15. I saw some member has submit their app after and already got SA.

does anyone know how long it should take to get SA?

pippalei

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-11-2016
Thank you for this information! We haven't received AOR1 yet so as far as I know we have no ID numbers or anything to log into ECAS or myCIC to check/do anything yet. Will wait a little longer and see.

Survivor27 said:

Good luck!