Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 15, 2014
AOR Received.
March 03, 2015
Hi RYIT,

Our Sponsorship application is Non spousal that's why I guess we dont have an option to do Upfront Medical when we submitted our application.
I dont remember if we do have it on the checklist.

Now my sister got SA approval through email below and said she will not receive a copy of this through Mail.
Do I just print and bring this to the Clinic when I undergo Medical and then they will attach this to my IMM1017B when they send to Canadian Embassy Manila?

Date: June 8, 2015
UCI: ######## Category: FC7
Application: ##########

Name of Sponsor
Address

Dear Sir/Madam,

This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted on behalf of My Name and family (if applicable).

You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative has been forwarded to the visa office in Manila for further processing. This visa office was selected based on your relative's home address and the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

Should you need to submit additional information or make any further enquiries regarding the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative, you may find contact information for that visa office

If you received this communication via email, please note that another copy will not be mailed to you.

Provincial Requirements for Residents of Quebec

If you are a resident of the province of Québec, you must submit an undertaking application to the Provincial Government. To download the required forms, please consult the Ministère de l'immigration, de la diversité et de l'inclusion (MIDI) website
(Sponsors and Sponsored Persons section). Complete the required forms and promptly submit them to the MIDI at the address provided in the provincial guide. Do not submit any of the MIDI forms to this office as they will only be returned to you.

You must enclose a copy of this correspondence with your undertaking application to MIDI. If you received this communication via email, you may print a copy to be enclosed with your undertaking application to MIDI. For further information regarding provincial requirements, please contact the Province of Québec General Inquiries Services

Requirement for Medical Examination

If your sponsored relative(s) has (have) not already done so, your relative(s) must provide an original Upfront Medical Report form (IMM1017B UPFRONT) signed by a Panel Physician or an E-Medical Upfront Medical Notification information sheet. Your relative(s) must complete the medical examination and, once completed, forward this information directly to the visa office noted above along with a copy of this letter. Your application has been transferred to the visa office noting this deficiency. Your relative must forward the medical information directly to the visa office to allow continued processing of his/her application. Failure to do so will result in delays and possible refusal of your relative's application.

There's still page 2 but that only contains mostly topics and Links...

RYIT

Dec 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/12/2014
Doc's Request.
31/03/2015
AOR Received.
02/03/2015
File Transfer...
SA: 05/03/2015
Med's Request
31/03/2015
Med's Done....
17/04/2015
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
21/05/2015--COPR received 02/06/2015
LANDED..........
11/06/2015
spidermark said:
Hi RYIT,

Our Sponsorship application is Non spousal that's why I guess we dont have an option to do Upfront Medical when we submitted our application.
I dont remember if we do have it on the checklist.

Now my sister got SA approval through email below and said she will not receive a copy of this through Mail.
Do I just print and bring this to the Clinic when I undergo Medical and then they will attach this to my IMM1017B when they send to Canadian Embassy Manila?

There's still page 2 but that only contains mostly topics and Links...
First of all CONGRATS ON SA FINALLY!!!!!!

You do not need to print the e-mail and bring it to the clinic. When you call to make the appointment tell them you need to complete an upfront medical. They will tell you what you need to bring to the appointment with you (passport, photos, etc). The clinic will electronically submit the results from your medical to cic. On the day you complete your medical they will give you a a copy of the IMM1017B form signed by the doctor. You will then need to send (I scanned and e-mailed mine) along with a copy of the e-mail (as instructed in the e-mail) to Manila.

Lomi90

Star Member
Mar 10, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2015
File Transfer...
17-03-2015 (SA)
Med's Done....
26-02-2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
01-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2015 (copr)
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Just letting you all know that my landing was very successful :) They were all very nice at the border and congratulated us! I am just wondering if there is a thread for what to do after landing? How to get a SIN etc..

Thanks again to everyone and good luck to all of you waiting!

Bains7

Mar 1, 2015
RYIT said:
I am also unsure why it says null, I have never heard of that. Maybe you should call and ask.
Ok thanks for the reply :)
I'm not sure if this matters but I never got aor or aor 2 ? Just SA .... Are these also something to call and ask about ?

akidoodles

Mar 19, 2015
FOR MANILA/PHILIPPINES :

Received instructions for COA SEMINAR (Pre-departure seminar) thru email June 9, 2015. However, ECAS status still shows "in process". Emailed CEM and made an enquiry about the updated status of my application. Praying that they would have immediate response.

Dec 2014 applicant
Passport sent last April 18

wonnie

Mar 31, 2015
akidoodles said:
FOR MANILA/PHILIPPINES :

Received instructions for COA SEMINAR (Pre-departure seminar) thru email June 9, 2015. However, ECAS status still shows "in process". Emailed CEM and made an enquiry about the updated status of my application. Praying that they would have immediate response.

Dec 2014 applicant
Passport sent last April 18
Hello akidoodles

I also sent an email to Manila VO regarding my status because ecas was Application received. And they got back to me within a week with requesting Appendix A. I think they are pretty fast to reply email for the applicant. Good luck! :)

RYIT

Dec 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/12/2014
Doc's Request.
31/03/2015
AOR Received.
02/03/2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
31/03/2015
Med's Done....
17/04/2015
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
11/06/2015
Lomi90 said:
Just letting you all know that my landing was very successful :) They were all very nice at the border and congratulated us! I am just wondering if there is a thread for what to do after landing? How to get a SIN etc..

I am not 100% sure but you could check under settlement topics on the homepage.

Best of luck to you for your life in Canada.

RYIT

Dec 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/12/2014
Doc's Request.
31/03/2015
AOR Received.
02/03/2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
31/03/2015
Med's Done....
17/04/2015
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
11/06/2015
Bains7 said:
Ok thanks for the reply :)
I'm not sure if this matters but I never got aor or aor 2 ? Just SA .... Are these also something to call and ask about ?
I wouldn't call about not getting AOR, because that is the step before SA. The fact that you got SA confirms they have your application which is all AOR1 is.

Not all VO abroad send out AOR2 (I never received one) and once your application is transferred out of Canada the CIC call centre cannot give you information about the application anyways, you would have to contact your visa office abroad for confirmation of AOR2.

You may want to check the new dehli spreadsheet or ask in the new dehli thread if they even send out AOR2. The link for the new dehli thread is below.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/new-delhi-2014-applicants-t180473.22365.html

Ravcat

Sep 27, 2013
NW Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Ottawa ON
App. Filed.......
8-12-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
NA
File Transfer...
05-03-2015
Med's Request
Sent w/ App.
Med's Done....
25-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Visa Excempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/06/2015
LANDED..........
August 7th, 2015! Through Port Huron!
Lomi90 said:

NICE! A positive experience ... woot! :)

Ravcat

Sep 27, 2013
NW Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Ottawa ON
App. Filed.......
8-12-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
NA
File Transfer...
05-03-2015
Med's Request
Sent w/ App.
Med's Done....
25-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Visa Excempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/06/2015
LANDED..........
August 7th, 2015! Through Port Huron!
wonnie said:
Today I got "Decision Made" on my ECAS :D
Grats Wonnie! :) Looks like they are moving along with December apps.

RYIT

Dec 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/12/2014
Doc's Request.
31/03/2015
AOR Received.
02/03/2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
31/03/2015
Med's Done....
17/04/2015
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
11/06/2015
Today I landed, got my SIN # and applied for OHIP. It was a busy day but it feels so good to have it all out of the way!!!

We landed at the queenston lewiston bridge at Ontario/New York. The lines to cross the border were very short but it took quite some time to cross because they were searching every inch of everyone's car because of the two inmates who recently escaped from the maximum security prison in new york (close to the border).

Anyway once it was our turn we told the CBSA officer we were there to land as a permanent resident of canada. He looked at our passport and told the officer that was there directing traffic that we were there to "flagpole". They sent us to park in front of a building where another officer came out and gave us a piece of paper that said we were denied entry into the USA (because we didn't want to drive all the way into New York and come back).

We then pulled a u-turn and drove back through the Canadian side. We told the Canadian CBSA officer we were there to land and gave him the refusal paper from the USA side. We were then directed to park and go into the office and provide the immigration officer all of our paperwork. There were a handful of people in front of us, but in total in took 30 minutes including waiting. We handed in our documents and then were asked to sit down. We were then called back up, confirmed all the info on the COPR was correct, confirmed that he had never been convicted of a crime and had no other family members/dependants landing at a different time and then signed the COPR and that was it. The officer congratulated us and we were on our way. Driving back into Canada we had to pay a fee of $4.25.

Afterwards we went to Service Canada and he got his SIN number which didn't take more then 15 minutes in total including waiting and then headed over to Service Ontario and applied for OHIP. We were told his OHIP card will be valid and issued in 90 days from today.

All in all it was a lot of driving but so happy it is all over!

Best of luck to anyone who is still waiting!!!

RYIT

Dec 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/12/2014
Doc's Request.
31/03/2015
AOR Received.