17/04/2015
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
21/05/2015--COPR received 02/06/2015
LANDED..........
11/06/2015
OntarioBound said:
HOLY COW!!! I just checked out this thread and since some of you were going into "in process" status, I decided to check my status. It now says the application went into processing on May 28th, the status is Decision Made! My VO is Ottawa so I was expecting it to take longer... OMG OMG OMG :eek:

One problem is, my address on the status page for myself (primary applicant) still shows my old address where I no longer live! (I requested them via email twice to get it changed to my husband's address in Canada since I was relocating and traveling a lot to visit my husband. I also mailed them the address change request again which they should have received last Monday per UPS tracking I checked...) What should I do now? I do have a forwarding set up with USPS for the mail to come to my mailing address (UPS store mailbox in western New York), but would an official mail like this CIC letter get through OK for forwarding?

Another thing is, along with the address change request, I sent them a second police check from Japan (I am a US citizen, but lived in Japan many years ago...) because the first one I sent to them was 2 days before the 3 months expiration date when I sent it to them, so I sent them the 2nd one to be on the safe side. (I also started an FBI police check for the 2nd time just in case since it takes so long, but I haven't gotten that back from FBI yet.) I hope the second police check from Japan didn't show I was a criminal or something (by mistake!) I wouldn't know since the report is in a sealed envelope!

I wonder if I am somehow getting a rejection letter?? My application is pretty straight forward except for our age difference (8 years) - I should get an interview first right, if they thought our relationship isn't genuine?

I am kind of freaking out here! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ontariobound I think it is very safe to say that you have been approved and will receive COPR shortly. They will never refuse someone without giving the applicant a chance to clarify their concerns, submit more information etc. So if they haven't addressed any concerns with you.........CONGRATS!!!!

As for the wrong mailing address I would call the CIC call centre ASAP and get that clarified. Explain to them what you've already done to get things updated but nothing has worked yet.

Your police checks only had to be valid from 3 months from the day they printed from when CIC initially received your application (before AOR and SA). They have also recently changed that rule and police checks are now valid for 6 months.

I know it will be hard to until you have your COPR in your hand.....but relax, be happy, and celebrate!!!

RYIT

Dec 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/12/2014
Doc's Request.
31/03/2015
AOR Received.
02/03/2015
File Transfer...
SA: 05/03/2015
Med's Request
31/03/2015
Med's Done....
17/04/2015
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
11/06/2015
saradan said:
Love reading the amazing news for everyone! Congrats all!! :D :D

This has me freaking out though because I haven't seen any changes since my Husban'ds status changed to:

"Permanent Residence
Application Recieved
We received [Huband's name] application for permanent residence on December 22, 2014.

Medical results have been received."

In April, closely after I recieved my SA in the beginnging of March.

What does this even mean? :( Is my process still being looked at? Or? Really has me worried :(

Thanks for your help!
Saradan I know its almost impossible to do, but try not to stress about ECAS. First off the people that are getting approved have VO's with lower processing times then Beirut.

Also some VO's are not goo (or do not at all) update ECAS at all.

For example mine went from "application received" to "decision made" over night.

tranjini

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
none
AOR Received.
27-02-2015
IELTS Request
none
File Transfer...
03-03-2015
Med's Request
Attached to application
Med's Done....
03-09-2015
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
June 4 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 15 2015
LANDED..........
July 8, 2015
Please help:

My husband received an email like this:

What kind of photos he brings? like passport photo or what? what is the photos for? is this mean my husband will get visa.

 A valid original passport or travel document for the principal applicant and each accompanying family member in the application; see the Document Checklist for the class of application you have made for details of which documents are acceptable (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/index.asp)

 Two (2) immigration photos of the principal applicant and each accompanying family member in the application; see the Photo Specifications in the Application Guide for your class of application (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/index.asp)

Failure to submit these within 30 days of the date of this letter could result in the refusal of your application.

Sending your passports to the visa office in Colombo, Sri Lanka:

Applicants within Sri Lanka submitting passports to the High Commission of Canada in Colombo are to use the services of the Canadian Visa Application centre to expedite submission. To submit your passport along with any accompanying documents, please contact the Canadian Visa Application centre: http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/SriLanka/

Applicants outside Sri Lanka should refer to the website of the High Commission of Canada in Sri Lanka for information on how to submit their passports: www.srilanka.gc.ca

RYIT

Dec 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/12/2014
Doc's Request.
31/03/2015
AOR Received.
02/03/2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
31/03/2015
Med's Done....
17/04/2015
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
11/06/2015
tranjini said:
Please help:

My husband received an email like this:

What kind of photos he brings? like passport photo or what? what is the photos for? is this mean my husband will get visa.

 A valid original passport or travel document for the principal applicant and each accompanying family member in the application; see the Document Checklist for the class of application you have made for details of which documents are acceptable (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/index.asp)

 Two (2) immigration photos of the principal applicant and each accompanying family member in the application; see the Photo Specifications in the Application Guide for your class of application (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/index.asp)

Failure to submit these within 30 days of the date of this letter could result in the refusal of your application.

Sending your passports to the visa office in Colombo, Sri Lanka:

Applicants within Sri Lanka submitting passports to the High Commission of Canada in Colombo are to use the services of the Canadian Visa Application centre to expedite submission. To submit your passport along with any accompanying documents, please contact the Canadian Visa Application centre: http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/SriLanka/

Applicants outside Sri Lanka should refer to the website of the High Commission of Canada in Sri Lanka for information on how to submit their passports: www.srilanka.gc.ca
As the letter states they want "immigration size photo"s, make sure you specifically ask for immigration photo's because they are a different size then passport photos.

It sounds like they are very close to issuing your husbands visa. The photos will be for his permanent resident card/COPR and the request for passport is so they can attach his visa to it.

tranjini

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
none
AOR Received.
27-02-2015
IELTS Request
none
File Transfer...
03-03-2015
Med's Request
Attached to application
Med's Done....
03-09-2015
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
June 4 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 15 2015
LANDED..........
July 8, 2015
thank u so much RYIT :) thank you all of you - very happy good luck to all of you :)

OntarioBound

Nov 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2014
AOR Received.
7-3-2015 (SA-13-3-2015)
Med's Done....
05-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 4-6-2015 or earlier
LANDED..........
8-7-2015
RYIT said:
Ontariobound I think it is very safe to say that you have been approved and will receive COPR shortly. They will never refuse someone without giving the applicant a chance to clarify their concerns, submit more information etc. So if they haven't addressed any concerns with you.........CONGRATS!!!!

As for the wrong mailing address I would call the CIC call centre ASAP and get that clarified. Explain to them what you've already done to get things updated but nothing has worked yet.

Your police checks only had to be valid from 3 months from the day they printed from when CIC initially received your application (before AOR and SA). They have also recently changed that rule and police checks are now valid for 6 months.

I know it will be hard to until you have your COPR in your hand.....but relax, be happy, and celebrate!!!
Thank you very much RYIT!! I am starting to relax a bit. I called CIC and they told me to fill out a web form so I did - Hopefully they fix my address soon (if not the mail will most likely be forwarded to my current mailing address... which may take more time but I guess that's OK as long as USPS doesn't mess up :)) I didn't know that they were extending the police check. That is good news for everyone!

:) :)

spidermark

Dec 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 15, 2014
AOR Received.
March 03, 2015
Hi Guys,

Im kinda nervous.
Last update we got was AOR1 and our status has been "Application Received" for how many months...
Now our status has changed to "Decision Made".
(fyi. our application is under Other relative, my sister is single and doesnt have any relative in canada)
She said she wont be able to check her mail until next week when she gets home.
The suspense is killing me....
So Hopefully we got Approved...
In Jesus name.. Amen... :-*

Thanks

RYIT

Dec 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/12/2014
Doc's Request.
31/03/2015
AOR Received.
02/03/2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
31/03/2015
Med's Done....
17/04/2015
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
11/06/2015
spidermark said:
Hi Guys,

Im kinda nervous.
Last update we got was AOR1 and our status has been "Application Received" for how many months...
Now our status has changed to "Decision Made".
(fyi. our application is under Other relative, my sister is single and doesnt have any relative in canada)
She said she wont be able to check her mail until next week when she gets home.
The suspense is killing me....
So Hopefully we got Approved...
In Jesus name.. Amen... :-*

Thanks
Does it said decision made under the sponsorship side or permanent residence application status side?

spidermark

Dec 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 15, 2014
AOR Received.
March 03, 2015
RYIT said:
Does it said decision made under the sponsorship side or permanent residence application status side?
Hi RYIT

Its on the left side. Hmm.. i think Decicion Made for Sponsorship Application.
The other side for Permanent recidence is still showing as Application Recieved.
oh im so nervous right now...

Lomi90

Star Member
Mar 10, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2015
File Transfer...
17-03-2015 (SA)
Med's Done....
26-02-2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
01-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2015 (copr)
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Got my COPR in the mail yesterday, will be crossing the border this weekend :) Thanks for everyone's help on this thread!

spidermark

Dec 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 15, 2014
AOR Received.
March 03, 2015
Lomi90 said:
Got my COPR in the mail yesterday, will be crossing the border this weekend :) Thanks for everyone's help on this thread!
Congrats! =) Hopefully I will get a good news too!

RYIT

Dec 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/12/2014
Doc's Request.
31/03/2015
AOR Received.
02/03/2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
31/03/2015
Med's Done....
17/04/2015
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
11/06/2015
spidermark said:
Hi RYIT

Its on the left side. Hmm.. i think Decicion Made for Sponsorship Applicaion.
The other side for Permanent recidence is still showing as Application Recieved.
oh im so nervous right now...

Don't be nervous, its definitely SA. They would have asked for additional information or given you a chance to answer to why they wanted to refuse your aunt to be your sponsor. They wouldn't just send you a letter refusing you.

Congrats!!!

RYIT

Dec 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/12/2014
Doc's Request.
31/03/2015
AOR Received.
02/03/2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
31/03/2015
Med's Done....
17/04/2015
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
11/06/2015
Lomi90 said:
Congrats Lomi90, we will be landing this weekend to! What border are you landing at?

MommyBear888

May 8, 2015
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2015
Doc's Request.
23-05-2015
Passport Req..
23-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-11-2015
LANDED..........
12-01-2016
hi guys! im just wondering why for some they immediately ask for the original passport why for some they didnt. why do you think so?

spidermark

Dec 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 15, 2014
AOR Received.
March 03, 2015
RYIT said:
Don't be nervous, its definitely SA. They would have asked for additional information or given you a chance to answer to why they wanted to refuse your aunt to be your sponsor. They wouldn't just send you a letter refusing you.

Congrats!!!
Really! You think so? OMG I hope that is true :)

Here's what it shows when I click under Decision Made for Sponsorship Application:

Sponsorship
We received your application to sponsor (My Name) on December 15, 2014.

We sent you a letter on May 28, 2015 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

*Fingers Crossed