Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2010
Decision made today :)

It seems that the Calgary office has been the fastest office for the last 2 months so we shall see...

e.chad

Jan 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok ... I applied for FOIA but the due date for their response is passed, I am given 45 days to submit the report, What should i do now? My cic deadline is
Oct 05(got request on Aug 27) Any help/Suggestions?

puda

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2010
e.chad said:
Ok ... I applied for FOIA but the due date for their response is passed, I am given 45 days to submit the report, What should i do now? My cic deadline is
Oct 05(got request on Aug 27) Any help/Suggestions?
Sorry I am not following you here? FOIA is for the US only. Your test was on August 27 so what are you talking about exactly?

puda

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2010
Guys, do you see anything else than Decision Made on ecas? I can only see that but when I click on it it still tells me that my test is on Sept. 15. I believe the next line will be the oath right?

e.chad

Jan 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
puda said:
Sorry I am not following you here? FOIA is for the US only. Your test was on August 27 so what are you talking about exactly?
Sorry for the confusion, Ok i applied for FOIA(On Aug 16 Since i am US Citizen and it says i should be receiving it by Sep 17,which passed already) before my test, so i can have few documents with me at the time of interview(Aug 27)like tax, ohip and all, At the interview officer said all looks good and that she just need FOIA record from USA and it should be submitted with in 45 days(Starting aug 16) So i was asking is there a way to contact FOIA dept for urgent process or someone been in this situation

djbeyers75

Sep 15, 2009
Hi Everyone!

I passed my test today! I took my test at Scarborough Town Centre. It wasn't too difficult and I only spent an hour at the office. Now I am looking forward to receiving the invitation to take the oath! :-D

Good luck to other applicants!

abemats2000

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
djbeyers75 said:
Hi Everyone!

I passed my test today! I took my test at Scarborough Town Centre. It wasn't too difficult and I only spent an hour at the office. Now I am looking forward to receiving the invitation to take the oath! :-D

Good luck to other applicants!
Congrats...

abemats2000

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
Hi friends.

Finished our test and interview today. It was very straight forward and easy. The interview process was also smooth. The lady was very polite and only checked out ids, Landing Paper and passports with the copies that we had submitted at the time of the application. She then check a few stamps. She finished with "Everything is fine and expect the oath in 2-4 months". So part of the journey over. Now hopefully without any other hiccups, oath invitation will also come soon.

All the best to the friends who are due for their test. Thanks to the special tips from some of the friends regarding parking at the CIC office, etc.

Read the Discover Canada 3-4 times and practice a few online tests.

Canadafrenzy

Star Member
Aug 18, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Folks,

Really happy to tell you that my ecase has just been updated with oath invite with no date mentioned yet. Hopefully, I'll receive the paper invitation mentioning the oath date in a few days.

I had a normal application with no RQ or extensive security screening. I would say the 9-month wait time in my case is not that bad afterall!

I hope that it would be your turn to receive the oath invite soon.

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadafrenzy said:
Hey Folks,

Really happy to tell you that my ecase has just been updated with oath invite with no date mentioned yet. Hopefully, I'll receive the paper invitation mentioning the oath date in a few days.

I had a normal application with no RQ or extensive security screening. I would say the 9-month wait time in my case is not that bad afterall!

I hope that it would be your turn to receive the oath invite soon.
Congratulations!