+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2014 citizenship applicants!

DenverCO

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got my Oath invite in the mail delivered on Tuesday. Looking forward to the 24th ...

Shall thank all the active participants in this thread for keeping up the spirits of the applicants and for sharing the details. You all are wonderful lot.

Am being to asked to carry all the original documents that I had submitted with the application. Will they allow the backpacks to the oath ceremony? I have a bagful to carry :).

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
DenverCO said:
I got my Oath invite in the mail delivered on Tuesday. Looking forward to the 24th ...

Shall thank all the active participants in this thread for keeping up the spirits of the applicants and for sharing the details. You all are wonderful lot.

Am being to asked to carry all the original documents that I had submitted with the application. Will they allow the backpacks to the oath ceremony? I have a bagful to carry :).
Congrats

mouney20

Mar 26, 2010
DenverCO said:

Congrats ! Was your ecas updated with the oath ceremony date also ?

OrangeCup

Star Member
Feb 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
haybu12 said:
Hello guys,

Want to share my timeline:

Application received: December 22, 2014
AOR: February 20, 2015
Application process started: February 21, 2015
Test and Oathtaking: September 16, 2015

Test was done in the morning and the Oathtaking ceremony was in the afternoon. Yes, everything was done in just one day. Now, I just only need to wait for a week before I can apply for Canadian passport.
Curious - why do you have to wait for a week?

haybu12

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 1, 2011
Nomination.....
Dec 16, 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 28, 2011
File Transfer...
May 4, 2012 to Seattle
Med's Request
Sept 20, 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 7, 2011
Passport Req..
July 30, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 14, 2012
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2012
That was what the clerk told us during the Oathtaking ceremony. I think the reason is because CIC needs to update their database for new citizens.

OrangeCup

Star Member
Feb 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
haybu12 said:
That was what the clerk told us during the Oathtaking ceremony. I think the reason is because CIC needs to update their database for new citizens.
Thanks Haybu12, I haven't had my oath yet, so just curious why they said a week. On the cic website it says 2 business days.

Congrats on becoming Canadian citizen!

AsianIndian

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
haybu12 said:
Hello guys,

Want to share my timeline:

Application received: December 22, 2014
AOR: February 20, 2015
Application process started: February 21, 2015
Test and Oathtaking: September 16, 2015

Test was done in the morning and the Oathtaking ceremony was in the afternoon. Yes, everything was done in just one day. Now, I just only need to wait for a week before I can apply for Canadian passport.
Congrats ! What is your local office ?

AsianIndian

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stocktrader1407 said:
Congrats AsianIndian. After your test, what did the officer say with respect to oath estimate?

I have read in various different topics on here that the test can have tricky questions. Please all test takers read the booklet carefully. There are bound to be couple of questions that can throw you off.
Thanks !
He said it would take about 2 months. But from experience on this forum I now that Ottawa gives oaths within 4 -6 weeks after the test, on average.

haybu12

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 1, 2011
Nomination.....
Dec 16, 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 28, 2011
File Transfer...
May 4, 2012 to Seattle
Med's Request
Sept 20, 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 7, 2011
Passport Req..
July 30, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 14, 2012
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2012
AsianIndian said:
Congrats ! What is your local office ?
Thanks. It is in Prince George, BC.

Shalom1

Nov 7, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
4th Nov 2011
DenverCO said:

Congratulations and best wishes.
We're still waiting for the oath ceremony.

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
haybu12 said:
You only have to wait for 48 hrs.

Cheers,

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beauhoe said:
You only have to wait for 48 hrs.

Cheers,
At my ceremony we were told to wait for 3 business days. I played safe and waited for 6 days in total (there was a long weekend, so 6-3=3 business days).

NizNoz

May 16, 2015
Oath Letter Finally!!

:D :D :D
Received three oath letters for My wife, 6yr old daughter and myself this afternoon! Praise be to God!
Oath ceremony is due on October 7th in Surrey, BC.
Some pointers:
1. My wife and my own online statuses have been "Decision made" for the last few months, with an update to the details made today (i.e. updated on Thursday).
2. The details have been updated with a line that states we were sent our oath letters on Sept 15th (arrived Sept 17th), and we need to present on Oct 7th etc..
3. My daughter's online status still says "in progress", even though under details of her status, she also too has a new line as mentioned above.

Thanks so much to all you who've been travelling this same road. It's been an emotionally exhausting journey!

(I fully expected the heavens to open and trumpets to sound when I saw the letter in my box etc, but nah. It's just a normal, overcast Vancouver day) :p

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
Re: Oath Letter Finally!!

NizNoz said:
:D :D :D
Received three oath letters for My wife, 6yr old daughter and myself this afternoon! Praise be to God!
Oath ceremony is due on October 7th in Surrey, BC.
Some pointers:
1. My wife and my own online statuses have been "Decision made" for the last few months, with an update to the details made today (i.e. updated on Thursday).
2. The details have been updated with a line that states we were sent our oath letters on Sept 15th (arrived Sept 17th), and we need to present on Oct 7th etc..
3. My daughter's online status still says "in progress", even though under details of her status, she also too has a new line as mentioned above.

Thanks so much to all you who've been travelling this same road. It's been an emotionally exhausting journey!

(I fully expected the heavens to open and trumpets to sound when I saw the letter in my box etc, but nah. It's just a normal, overcast Vancouver day) :p
Congratulations