+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2014 citizenship applicants!

Canadafrenzy

Star Member
Aug 18, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey asagalen,

Na man, my knowledge of the Discover Canada book is also a bit rusty as I haven't thoroughly read it in months. The good thing however, is that I've highlighted all important facts in the book (I'd ordered the print version few years ago), and that should help me in refreshing my memory.

Will keep you posted as soon my paper invitation arrives.

sirine1

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
I received a notice to write my citizenship test in Ottawa office . However they sent the letter July 29 to do the test July 14 :eek: I called them they said there was an error and to discard this letter and wait for another correspondence from Ottawa office . Anyone else like me ?

Calgarymak

Dec 13, 2014
Guys, we just got our test invite by mail today!! So glad!! Test is August 13th. This will be 8 months from the day we sent the package. Calgary office is doing great! Ecas didn't show that yet, here is ecas :

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 17, 2014.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 10, 2015.
3. We started processing your application on February 21, 2015.

Can someone please update the Google sheet as I am on mobile phone.

Watu

Jul 9, 2015
sirine1 said:
I received a notice to write my citizenship test in Ottawa office . However they sent the letter July 29 to do the test July 14 :eek: I called them they said there was an error and to discard this letter and wait for another correspondence from Ottawa office . Anyone else like me ?

One of my friends received a similar letter from Ottawa CIC today by mail. Test on July 14 and the letter is dated July 29. Which number you call ? Is it the call center number

sirine1

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Watu the number is 18882422100 . Please let us know what they are gonna say when u call them next week ?

Thank you ?

P,ease do you know the timeline of your friend ?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
sirine1 said:

May be it is 14th August? I am just guessing.

Please reconfirm the dates with the call centre or contact the local office (the address should be mentioned on the letter)
Also, do check your e-cas every day for any updates regarding test invite.

sirine1

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
thecoolguysam said:
May be it is 14th August? I am just guessing.

Please reconfirm the dates with the call centre or contact the local office (the address should be mentioned on the letter)
Also, do check your e-cas every day for any updates regarding test invite.
Thank you for your reply . My E cas was updated with the same mistake to do the test July 14. Hopefully they mean August 14. I immediately called the center yesterday and their answer was that they sent a note to the local office and to wait for communication from CIC . And to call them back in 2 weeks if I did not receive any communication.
I will post whenever I hear from them
Thank you

Watu

Jul 9, 2015
sirine1 said:
Watu the number is 18882422100 . Please let us know what they are gonna say when u call them next week ?

Thank you ?

P,ease do you know the timeline of your friend ?
My friend applied on Dec.2014, and last month the file was transferred to Ottawa

MTLR

Apr 5, 2015
To update every one, eCase was updated to "Decision Made" but no new lines when clicking on link.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
sirine1 said:
Thank you for your reply . My E cas was updated with the same mistake to do the test July 14. Hopefully they mean August 14. I immediately called the center yesterday and their answer was that they sent a note to the local office and to wait for communication from CIC . And to call them back in 2 weeks if I did not receive any communication.
I will post whenever I hear from them
Thank you
If mistakes are on both printed letter and e-cas then there must be some typo/technical error.

As you have already spoken to call centre, you can also contact the local cic office mentioned on the letter for clarification.

sirine1

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
thecoolguysam said:
If mistakes are on both printed letter and e-cas then there must be some typo/technical error.

As you have already spoken to call centre, you can also contact the local cic office mentioned on the letter for clarification.
the call center agent said to me that she sent a note to the Local office and that I must wait a clarification from them .
I will call again on Tuesday to check if there is any response to the note sent by the call agent .

kevin_k1

Dec 8, 2011
Toronto, ON
Update!

Sent: 2014-12-09
Received: 2014-12-11
Process Started: 2015-03-02
LOT to Ottawa: 2015-04-28
LOT disappeared in June 2015.
Received invitation to test: 2015-07-27
Test: 2015-08-13 in Ottawa, ON