+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2014 citizenship applicants!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
harry_aussie said:
My wife took her Citizenship test on 23/07/15 and now the application status says Decision Made. How long will it take for the Oath invitation after a Decision is made ?. Following is the chain of events for our application.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 8, 2014.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 17, 2015.
We started processing your application on April 8, 2015.
We sent you correspondence on June 2, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
We sent you a notice on July 3, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 23, 2015 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Congratulations to your wife for passing the test/interview.

May 31, 2011
thecoolguysam said:
congratulations :)
Hey coolguysam ,

I was just randomly check my status , it says "Decision Made" . But when I click on it , I dont see any additional details . May be it will be updated on Tuesday ? Does that mean I will receive stuff in the mail soon ? Like an acceptance/non-acceptance letter thingie ? Also , I dont really know how to update the spreadsheet . Could you/someone please do it on my behalf ? So that others can get a clearer picture of the status update timelines ? Really appreciate it . ;D ;D ;D

byateman

Feb 19, 2015
byateman said:
Hello Everyone,
Its nice to share with you all.
We have received Yellow letter for test @ scarborough office on August13,15 coming month.
Now I am pretty much excited to go for it.
Can yo please suggest me about the test preparation..
Thanks to all
Hope everybody get their test and Oath ASAP.

My Time line:
Application Sent:Dec 22,2014
Application Received:Dec 23,2014
AOR Email:Feb 27,2015
In process:May 25,2015
Test letter through mail :July 22,15 for August 13,15.
Cheers..............

byateman

Feb 19, 2015
Hi Everyone,
My test is coming soon on 13 August.I remember some video link about test preparation.
I would also like to ask you all can you provide me some good online test practice sites.
Reading Discover Canada makes me sleepy...
Haha
Thanks
Please any seggestion...

esense

Feb 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

so we've passed our test last week, everything went smooth ;D Officer said that we will have to wait from 2 to 4 months for the Oath.

MTLR - how was your test? As we were in the same place same time :)

ondang2

Nov 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
June 2010
AOR Received.
January 15,2011
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
January 15, 2011
Med's Done....
Febuary 8, 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
April 27, 2011 sent passport May 17, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
received June 4, 2011
LANDED..........
June 24, 2011
hello guys just want to updAte you about my status, I just took my citizenship exam and interview last july 16 and passed the exam, the interview took me almost 20 mins. because of my day trip travel to US.....but when i checked ECAS today it says Decision Made, what does it mean? thanks

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Supercalifragilistic said:
Hey coolguysam ,

I was just randomly check my status , it says "Decision Made" . But when I click on it , I dont see any additional details . May be it will be updated on Tuesday ? Does that mean I will receive stuff in the mail soon ? Like an acceptance/non-acceptance letter thingie ? Also , I dont really know how to update the spreadsheet . Could you/someone please do it on my behalf ? So that others can get a clearer picture of the status update timelines ? Really appreciate it . ;D ;D ;D
Decision Made is usually a good news. Does your e-cas state about test invite etc?
I am not sure how long it would take you to receive any notification by mail/email as I am not sure about Scarborough timelines.
You can check Scarborough thread to estimate when you should expect an oath invite.

I think here is the thread for Scarborough:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/scarborough-office-timeline-after-test-t266529.0.html

By the way, please provide the link for the spreadsheet you are referring to.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
byateman said:
Hi Everyone,
My test is coming soon on 13 August.I remember some video link about test preparation.
I would also like to ask you all can you provide me some good online test practice sites.
Reading Discover Canada makes me sleepy...
Haha
Thanks
Please any seggestion...
Please rely on official "Discover Canada" guide only in order to pass the test. Read it multiple times (at least 3-4 times properly)

You can search google for free third party online tests and use them to learn the information however, don't rely on them to pass the test. Your real source of learning/preparation of the test and passing the test would be to read Official "Discover Canada" properly multiple times.

esense

Feb 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ondang2 said:
hello guys just want to updAte you about my status, I just took my citizenship exam and interview last july 16 and passed the exam, the interview took me almost 20 mins. because of my day trip travel to US.....but when i checked ECAS today it says Decision Made, what does it mean? thanks
Congrats! Now just wait for oath letter :)

Kovachum

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
thecoolguysam said:
Congratulations to your wife for passing the test/interview.
Hi Sam,
My PR is expiring on Aug 17th. Do I have to apply a new one or can I just wait for an update on citizenship application?
My test date is April 15th, still waiting for oath.

Thanks!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Kovachum said:
Hi Sam,
My PR is expiring on Aug 17th. Do I have to apply a new one or can I just wait for an update on citizenship application?
My test date is April 15th, still waiting for oath.

Thanks!
It's more like a personal decision.

If you have plans to travel abroad then you may apply for pr card renewal.
If you don't have any plans to travel abroad then you should wait for your oath and you need to submit your pr card during oath ceremony.

This is what the link states:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/cit-ceremony.asp

If you have a permanent resident card, you must also bring it even if it has expired.

carby

Star Member
Jan 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2010
AOR Received.
23-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Request
22-03-2011
Med's Done....
05-04-2011
Passport Req..
09-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2011
LANDED..........
15-09-2011
We just received our notice to appear for the citizenship test on Aug. 11th. :)

our files were transferred May 29th.

Shalom1

Nov 7, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
4th Nov 2011
Please, I need answer to this question:
Our test is scheduled for Friday this week. I am almost done with the official book the 3rd time. We are concerned with so many dates and names in the book particularly in the chapter of Canadian History.

Are there date-specific questions in the test?
Do we need to memorize dates or names?

Thanks