+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2014 citizenship applicants!

troll2

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
DenverCO said:
I got my Yellow letter today ... Test is scheduled for 7th July and the letter is dated 23rd June ... No change in the eCAS though. Even the transferred to the local office line was missing for the past few weeks.

I had not started reading the Discover Canada book yet, need to start reading from tonight !!!
Yellow paper ? You so lucky. My was just plain white, I guess because I'm white guy.
You should start reading book from month ago, not tonight. Lots of crap to learn.
Congratulation and good luck on the test.

freedom2003

Mar 2, 2015
Hi. Everyone^^

I would like to share my timeline. Here is Winnipeg.

Today, I received my citizenship test confirmation letter from CIC by mail in the morning without any updated e-cas after disappeared line 4.

Test : July 9, 2015. 10:45am

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 12, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 20, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on February 23, 2015.

Your file was transferred to the Winnipeg Citizenship Operations office on May 11, 2015. The Winnipeg Citizenship Operations office will contact you

troll2

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
freedom2003 said:
Hi. Everyone^^

I would like to share my timeline. Here is Winnipeg.

Today, I received my citizenship test confirmation letter from CIC by mail in the morning without any updated e-cas after disappeared line 4.

Test : July 9, 2015. 10:45am

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 12, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 20, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on February 23, 2015.

Your file was transferred to the Winnipeg Citizenship Operations office on May 11, 2015. The Winnipeg Citizenship Operations office will contact you
You should fill your timeline in spreadsheet :
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1v0SdRO40z3jpI11rJ2I_sKk88ph1FeqrTczi_9Kb6us/edit?pli=1#gid=0
If you do this, your oath will come quicker.

MTLR

Apr 5, 2015
esense said:
Your file was transferred to the Montréal office on June 3, 2015. The Montréal office will contact you.
Your file was transferred to the Montréal office on June 18, 2015. The Montréal office will contact you.

.... at least something is moving over there .... :)
Same thing here... almost same dates as well.

jeune

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my time line

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 23, 2013.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 23, 2013.
3.We started processing your application on January 8, 2014.

4- RQ received march 2014 , sent April 2014
and I'm waiting my test

AsianIndian

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My file has finally been transferred ! :D
So now I can officially start reading the Discover book and can start checking my mail with expectations :D
No, actually I will start on July 2nd. How about I let Canada Day go first ?

But the problem is: it reads "to the office responsible for your area". It doesn't say Ottawa. I think I have seen similar things on this forum before where it first read that and then a few days later it mentions the specific name of the office. Has anyone on this December group had that ? How many days did it take to see the actual name of the office/city ?

triumpher83

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finished test and interview this morning, the whole process (including wait time ) took 45 mins.
Test was as usual no so difficult with couple of tricky questions. Me and my wife both got 20 /20.

AsianIndian

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
triumpher83 said:
Finished test and interview this morning, the whole process (including wait time ) took 45 mins.
Test was as usual no so difficult with couple of tricky questions. Me and my wife both got 20 /20.
Congrats triumpher !! Did they tell you when to expect the oath ?

Oliverp

Star Member
Jan 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2011
AOR Received.
20-04-2011
File Transfer...
11-04-2011
Med's Done....
02-02-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-07-2011
LANDED..........
17th September
I must have been in the same room as triumpher83. I also took, and passed the test this morning at the Scarborough office. I arrived far too early (8.30 for a 10.15 test)! We went into the room at 10:10ish and I was all done before 11am. I'm very relieved to have got past this stage. Good luck to everyone else

Oliverp

Star Member
Jan 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2011
AOR Received.
20-04-2011
File Transfer...
11-04-2011
Med's Done....
02-02-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-07-2011
LANDED..........
17th September
Thanks! And just to add, there were 4 or so questions that I struggled with. I read the Discover Canada book lightly a few times, and relied mainly on the online practice tests. If I can give any advice it would be to use the book as much as possible.
Oliver

triumpher83

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AsianIndian said:
Congrats triumpher !! Did they tell you when to expect the oath ?

Yes, 2 to 4 months. And that's the generalized advise, They actually tell you before the test too , on the white board in the front, with all other instructions, they have written the same " Oath Letter -- > Within 2 to 4 months "

After the interview, again they advise the same "you will receive a mail regarding oath ceremony within 2 to 4 months "

My officer was very cool, he just glanced at IDs, checked couple of stamps on passport though I have traveled a lot. And, just asked the question "Do you work? " me and my wife both and that's it.

They give you instruction in the beginning that if you are asked question, don't say only "Yes or No", elaborate the answer as they want to check your language skills.

So, my advise to all ppl who are appearing for the test shortly, Do not panic and just read the book couple of times. I would say if you can read 3 or 4 times, that will be good enough. And take some online tests after that.

triumpher83

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oliverp said:
I must have been in the same room as triumpher83. I also took, and passed the test this morning at the Scarborough office. I arrived far too early (8.30 for a 10.15 test)! We went into the room at 10:10ish and I was all done before 11am. I'm very relieved to have got past this stage. Good luck to everyone else
Yes, we must be. 10.15 was the time, so we must be together in the test room. I arrived at around 9.45, so wasn't that early.
I am also very relieved. :) :)
We could be together for Oath. LOL

Luna-Toronto

Apr 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oliverp said:
OliverP congrats, pls can you share your timeline? when was your file transferred to Scarborough?

Triumpher congrats :D