VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
ivaldiz said:
Can someone advice me on this ?

Here is my time line:
- Dec 2nd: Application Sent
- Dec 8th: Application Received
- March 9th: Email received to acknowledge receipt of my application for Canadian Citizenship.
- March 11th: Status online shows "Received" when i check my application status.

And its been "Received" since then..

How long after its been marked as "received" they change it to "In Process" ?
1-3 months

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanV said:
I call it if you plan on leaving after your get your citizenship then leave now and don't get the citizenship all together. No Canadian is ok with you waiting to get the citizenship so you can leave. People like you were the reason the new bill passed. The only place that I found people opposing the bill was this forum. Every Canadian I spoke to thought it was about time the government passes a bill like this to make it much harder for people who do not intend to reside. The Harper government was so confident they would get the support of Canadians that conservative MPs didn't even bother discussing any part of the bill with opposition parties. All attempts by opposion MPs to change or even allow for more discussion were shut down and the bill went thru all stages and signed in less than 4 months.
Yes but in practice, what's in your mind only you know so if I get Canadian citizenhip and then I decide to leave Canada it's my business and part of my freedom.

AsianIndian

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
triumpher83 said:
Finally I noticed something when I logged in to my ecas.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 22, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 20, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on April 22, 2015.

It took more than 2 months to be in process after AOR, Hope it doesn't stick around IP for long time.
Congrats !!! :D So it took exactly 2 months and 4 days for you to see it in the ecas.
If I go by your timeline, I can estimate to see the same on Friday :D
However I have seen a fellow Ottawa applicant who waited for 2 months and 15 days to see IP. And then went from IP to transfer in just 2 days. I wish the same for you !

khakalove

Star Member
Dec 26, 2010
CanV said:
I call it if you plan on leaving after your get your citizenship then leave now and don't get the citizenship all together. No Canadian is ok with you waiting to get the citizenship so you can leave. People like you were the reason the new bill passed. The only place that I found people opposing the bill was this forum. Every Canadian I spoke to thought it was about time the government passes a bill like this to make it much harder for people who do not intend to reside. The Harper government was so confident they would get the support of Canadians that conservative MPs didn't even bother discussing any part of the bill with opposition parties. All attempts by opposion MPs to change or even allow for more discussion were shut down and the bill went thru all stages and signed in less than 4 months.
hi,no canv i am not second you on this ,
As evry canidian citizen has right to immigrate in feuture to australia or etc,sppose if my parents are in australia ,but my wife lives in canada,,,,,so its my discretion that i may move to australia with my wife......but keep canadian citizenshipn as my kids have born in this country ! I might have to come in feuture ....to canada because if my kids want to settle here again ,,,,,
Many canadian,s are living abroad ,,,in us ,uae , middleast ,,,,,,africa,japan,,,after getting canadian citizenship,as they are representitive of canada, ,,,would you call them to come back ,or would you call them as they back stabed canadian immigration,NO
This is freedom of right to move evrywhere in this world.nobody can snatch it ,,,,,,,,,,,
You might get special cercumstances in feuture that you would move from here ,,,,,same you moved from your origen country ,,,so would you mind if sombody would say that why you left your previous country and backstabed you country,s immigration,,,,,,so if you can leave your origen country ,you can definatly leave canada aswell......we are not here to critisize people about their feuture plans,
Yes that is wrong if somebody delabratly does get canadian citizenship as a steping stone...
Plz dont take it personel.
Thanks.

zafari

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Feb-2012
thecoolguysam said:
I had my test today and passed 20/20.
Don't rely on online tests completely because questions in the test are asked indirectly not directly.
Read book 3-4 times or as many times you feel comfortable.

Online tests can sharpen your memory but you still have to rely on the study guide(official Discover Canada Book)

During interview the citizenship officer has approved my application and said congratulations to me and he told me that I will receive oath letter in 2-3 months.

Now waiting for oath.
Congrats,
Thanks, You have been a great help to everyone including me :)

Seweify

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanV said:
I call it if you plan on leaving after your get your citizenship then leave now and don't get the citizenship all together. No Canadian is ok with you waiting to get the citizenship so you can leave. People like you were the reason the new bill passed. The only place that I found people opposing the bill was this forum. Every Canadian I spoke to thought it was about time the government passes a bill like this to make it much harder for people who do not intend to reside. The Harper government was so confident they would get the support of Canadians that conservative MPs didn't even bother discussing any part of the bill with opposition parties. All attempts by opposion MPs to change or even allow for more discussion were shut down and the bill went thru all stages and signed in less than 4 months. [/color]
Hi CanV,

Freedom to move is a constitutional right. Neither you nor the "Canadians you spoke to" can change this fact. Anybody whose life obliges them to leave Canada after getting their citizenship could be among the "People like me", even yourself...and please don't tell me what to do and what not to, my wife was there first...

Enjoy your weekend;

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To all my good friends from this thread:

With all due respect, let's keep the focus on Citizenship Process. If we want to share our views about other topics, let's start another thread and I bet you all, many of us will probably be happy to be part of it.

Have a wonderful Sunday!

SFD

triumpher83

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Agree with SFD,
There is no connection of what people do after citizenship is granted v/s processing time. It's senseless to compare them as CIC doesn't know about "out of thousands of applications who will leave the country after citizenship is granted", unless they have psychic people who reads applicants' minds by looking at their applications lol
Let's keep this thread with fruitful discussions and which is helpful to each other regarding the application process. If someone's intend to attack particular group of people, you are welcomed to leave this thread and start another thread.

tds69us

Nov 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanV said:
Once again CanV, you don't cease to amaze me with the amount of patriotism you have. The one thing that is new and different this time is your great display of "knowledge" that deserves another long and hard round of applause.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
If we look at Discover Canada this is what it states:

Mobility Rights — Canadians can live and
work anywhere they choose in Canada, enter
and leave the country freely, and apply for a
passport.

As everyone knows Canadian passport is one of the world's most privileged passport in the world and can be used to travel visa free to most of the countries.
Everyone Canadian Citizen has the right to enter and leave the country freely however, some people are here just to get the passport "Passport of Convenience" and they have no intent to reside.

I know there are certain genuine circumstances/scenarios where the person has to leave Canada (eg. taking care of old age parents) which can't be avoided.

triumpher83

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AsianIndian said:
Congrats !!! :D So it took exactly 2 months and 4 days for you to see it in the ecas.
If I go by your timeline, I can estimate to see the same on Friday :D
However I have seen a fellow Ottawa applicant who waited for 2 months and 15 days to see IP. And then went from IP to transfer in just 2 days. I wish the same for you !
Thank you for sharing this Ottawa applicant timeline. I wish the same for us too. lol
I believe you must see yours go to IP ( Or IP and Transferred both together) within couple of days. :)

DenverCO

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations to all who had cleared the test and interviews.

45 days and counting after AOR. My application is still in Received status :( Hoping to get my turn soon.

esense

Feb 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DenverCO said:
Congratulations to all who had cleared the test and interviews.

45 days and counting after AOR. My application is still in Received status :( Hoping to get my turn soon.
Actually not 45 but 61 ... exactly same timeline ... hey ho

tsooma

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 06, 2014.

2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 06, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3. We started processing your application on February 21, 2015.
Received RQ dated [process date]

4. Your file was transferred to the Montréal office on March 07, 2015. The Montréal office will contact you.
Said Guy-Favreau before saying Montreal.

5. Your file was transferred to the Montréal office on March 22, 2015. The Montréal office will contact you.

Haven't heard from them yet, is the timeline normal?