+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2014 citizenship applicants!

AsianIndian

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
I have checked my 2013, 2012, 2011 income tax return too and I checked marked "No" that I am not a Canadian citizen.
I have also left the option: "As a Canadian citizen, do you authorize the Canada Revenue Agency to give your name......" unchecked on both Yes and No because I was not a citizen that time.

I checked elections canada website and found the following info:

Where did you get my information?

We sent notices to people who consented to the transfer of their information to Elections Canada on their federal income tax return and to potential electors identified from provincial and territorial driver's licence files.

I think they got my info from my drivers license file
Thanks ! I think that solves it. I just took 2 tylenol 10 mins ago as I was starting to have headaches from your case ;D ;D

gags2015

Mar 4, 2015
Our application is returned by CIC with following reason:-

"Your application was dated after the date on which it was received in our office (post-dated)"

Application was dated/sent on Dec 19, Canada Post confirmation on delivery shows Dec 23; meanwhile CIC stamp states received on Dec 15! which seems to be an error.

We are required to complete the new application form; what date should we fill-in now; do have to pay the new fee? Are the new Photo required since the application from original date would be over 6 months.

Is there a way to reach CIC to deliberate the above mistake on their part?

Any Help/Suggestions!

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
thecoolguysam said:
My application is in process right now and guess what, I have received my election registration letter. Did it happen to someone else too?
I will fill this form once I become a citizen and till that time, it will stay at my desk :) :D
I know someone who received test invite and then about a week letter received election letter

AsianIndian

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gags2015 said:

"Your application was dated after the date on which it was received in our office (post-dated)"

Application was dated/sent on Dec 19, Canada Post confirmation on delivery shows Dec 23; meanwhile CIC stamp states received on Dec 15! which seems to be an error.

We are required to complete the new application form; what date should we fill-in now; do have to pay the new fee? Are the new Photo required since the application from original date would be over 6 months.

Any Help/Suggestions!
I would first Call CIC and confront them (nicely) with my postal delivery evidence. It looks like it is their mistake....

gags2015

Mar 4, 2015
chintu said:
Our application was received by CIC on Dec 8, 2014 and was sent back in Jan 2015 due to IELTS Academic issue.
We attached additional language proof and the application package reached CIC (with additional $230 :'() on Jan 20 2015.
Got AOR today Mar 3, 2015 by email. It has a number starting with C0000XXXXX.
Hi Chintu;

Your case is similar to mine; while you submitted the language proof, did you submit the new application form, please advsie

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
gags2015 said:

Any Help/Suggestions!
I am sorry to know that. It seems like an error at CIC end. What was the actual date of signature of application? Dec 19th?

Shalom1

Nov 7, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
4th Nov 2011
thecoolguysam said:
My application is in process right now and guess what, I have received my election registration letter. Did it happen to someone else too?
I will fill this form once I become a citizen and till that time, it will stay at my desk :) :D
I got my election registration letter today too.

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am so happy for our Decembers and I can't wait to see the first test invitation recipient.
Cheers,

lawyerlady

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Well it seems like to me that the Citizenship process is more quick and speedy for Alberta and BC's Applicants.hey guys we Ontarians and Quebecians need good wishes too from our West Coast fellows :)

SCsquare

Star Member
Dec 8, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 28th 2009
AOR Received.
Dec 9th 2009
File Transfer...
Nov 17th 2009
Med's Done....
Aug 15th 2009
Interview........
July 21st 2010
Passport Req..
July 21st 2010
VISA ISSUED...
July 21st 2010
LANDED..........
July 30th 2010
Yesterday I got my Voter Registration form in mail.... and Day before when I had called CIC they told me to wait untill 16th march and then call again if I hear nothing by then

trunorth

Star Member
Jan 21, 2014
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Looks strange but I see from the spreadsheet mostly Vancouver, Calgary and some Montreal applications in process with maybe 2 Toronto applicants. Are they saving on mailing charges by doing bulk mailing to each of the processing centers?