+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2014 citizenship applicants!

MissMia

Jan 13, 2015
harry_aussie said:
Wife called CIC and the agent told that they are processing files received till 3 November 2014. I know CIC guys are notorious for providing false information. Hoping everyone to move faster.
now that's not really nice to write such things.

that date is accurate.

ftgpmb

Aug 30, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
AOR Received.
21-10-2010
File Transfer...
18-11-2010
Passport Req..
04-02-2011
LANDED..........
16-04-2011
SFD said:
Dear FTGPMB,

Please check CIC website. Fees went up from 300 to 530 (Processing fees) + 100 (Right of Citizenship fees still the same)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2014-12-31.asp

If you just sent it back, CIC will return it to you as soon as they get it. Total payment $630

I wish I could be wrong.

All the best,

SFD
Hi SFD, I paid $400 already. I guess that must have included the Right of Citizenship Fee. Now I have been asked to pay $230 extra, making a total of $630 as you say. I suppose the answer to my question is that the increase is not $130, but is the full $230! I wonder if I can claim it back from Canada Post?

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Noticed a discrepancy in the information provided on the CIC website, though i am not sure how big the repercussion could be. The address provided for sending application package by courier is little different on two webpages of CIC citizenship section.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/become-how.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp

Below are the screenshots which show the difference in address -

When i sent my application via courier i sent it to the address shown in second link i.e. Case Processing Centre, Sydney Grant Adults, 49 Dorchester Street , Sydney, Nova Scotia. B1P 5Z2

But when i see the courier confirmation page it says it was delivered to 47 49 DORCHESTER ST it's so weird...........lol

I thought i should share it with everyone...........did somebody else notice this ?

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gst8486 said:
Noticed a discrepancy in the information provided on the CIC website, though i am not sure how big the repercussion could be. The address provided for sending application package by courier is little different on two webpages of CIC citizenship section.

When i sent my application via courier i sent it to the address shown in second link i.e. Case Processing Centre, Sydney Grant Adults, 49 Dorchester Street , Sydney, Nova Scotia. B1P 5Z2

But when i see the courier confirmation page it says it was delivered to 47 49 DORCHESTER ST it's so weird...........lol

I thought i should share it with everyone...........did somebody else notice this ?
Both address is CIC office and mail receiving is done by same unit sometime.

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Ohhhhk....... i just noticed it today and i thought i should bring it up to get some feedback from seniors.

asagalen

May 22, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 18, 2010
AOR Received.
April 3,2010
Med's Request
April 3, 2010
Med's Done....
April 14, 2010
Passport Req..
May 21, 2010/Ecas: DM June 23 2010
VISA ISSUED...
July 14, 2010
LANDED..........
july 17, 2010
AOR please :'(

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
gst8486 said:

It happened with me too. I sent to 49 Dorchester street however got delivered to 47 Dorchester street.
I spoke to Fedex and they said that 47-49 is same building and 47 is security screening area where the applications are firstly received and scanned. Also, I did case specific enquiry and they said it is correct address.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
December_Applicant said:
I sent my application on the first week of December. I have not received anything yet or any written confirmation. Can someone please help me.
It takes around 1-3 months to get AOR so please be patient while you are waiting for the acknowledgement so as me including other members of this forum :)

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
thecoolguysam said:
It happened with me too. I sent to 49 Dorchester street however got delivered to 47 Dorchester street.
I spoke to Fedex and they said that 47-49 is same building and 47 is security screening area where the applications are firstly received and scanned. Also, I did case specific enquiry and they said it is correct address.
Awesome, thanks a lot for sharing your experience with us 'thecoolguysam'. I am quite relieved now. One of the forum member shared this link where the same situation has been discussed and after reading the comments it appears that everything is fine

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/47-dorchester-st-cic-address-t207788.0.html
:)

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
December_Applicant said:
how much time for the test?
it all depends upon the background/security check and overall credibility of the application. It also depends upon case to case, thus there is no real answer. Only CIC officer can determine how much time its going to take. As I don't know the details about your application, you are the best judge to know how straightforward or complicated your application is.
I have seen people getting their complete citizenship application process from submission to oath which took from 3 months to an average of a year and some are waiting for years due to some issues.

Please don't stress yourself and regularly check your mail and ecas to see the progress. I wish you good luck!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
gst8486 said:
Awesome, thanks a lot for sharing your experience with us 'thecoolguysam'. I am quite relieved now. One of the forum member shared this link where the same situation has been discussed and after reading the comments it appears that everything is fine

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/47-dorchester-st-cic-address-t207788.0.html
:)
You are very welcome. I got upset too when i checked that it was delivered to 47 dorchester street however, i called CIC call centre and did case specific enquiry and they said that is the correct address to deliver mails.
Fedex told me that they get many calls for the delivery to 47 Dorchester Street. As due to security reasons, all applications has to go through security screening and then it is forwarded internally to correct department.

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
thecoolguysam said:
You are very welcome. I got upset too when i checked that it was delivered to 47 dorchester street however, i called CIC call centre and did case specific enquiry and they said that is the correct address to deliver mails.
Fedex told me that they get many calls for the delivery to 47 Dorchester Street. As due to security reasons, all applications has to go through security screening and then it is forwarded internally to correct department.

Yeah, even i phoned my courier service and re confirmed about the delivery again and again .............. ;)

The customer rep. on phone also mentioned the same thing that they get many calls for CIC's address issue, but CIC should provide the full address on their website, that way they could avoid so many calls for themselves and the courier service providers and beyond that applicant's won't have to go through the frustration ....... 8)

harry_aussie

Jun 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/05/2011
AOR Received.
25/07/2011
File Transfer...
15/08/2011
Med's Request
15/12/2011
Med's Done....
19/12/2011
Interview........
WAIVED !!!!!/ Casual interview with visa officer on 5/3/2012
Passport Req..
21/2/2012, submitted on 27/2/2012
VISA ISSUED...
1/3/2012, valid till 20/12/2012, collected on 5/3/2012
LANDED..........
Landed,16 September 2012
Address, another prime example of CIC's stupidity at its best.

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Torontonion said:
Hi guys,
I finally got my AOR by email, my second application was delivered on 10th December.
Congrats! Did you have to send in a second application because the first one was incomplete or something?