+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2014 citizenship applicants!

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AsianIndian said:
I will be celebrating my 120th day since application on Tuesday along with my 4th week of "Received" line. I plan to invite all my friends for a beer for that happy occasion :D

Plus, I didn't think I would have to do this, but next Friday I am pulling our good old trick: I am taking a day off and I will be waiting for the "In Process" line from 7 am -11 pm. All I will do that day is to refresh the window of my eCAS. I will shine my shoes, wear my suit and a matching tie and I will go sit outside the entire day. Unless Asagalen and Yyzhuang advise me otherwise. ;D
Does the weather in Ottawa allow you to stay outside all day? If so, go ahead!

Joke aside, it's been 4 weeks since your AOR. maybe it's time to give them a call? I hope you will get your IP very very soon!

AsianIndian

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yyzhuang said:
Does the weather in Ottawa allow you to stay outside all day? If so, go ahead!

Joke aside, it's been 4 weeks since your AOR. maybe it's time to give them a call? I hope you will get your IP very very soon!
I agree. I have a timeline when I am going to be calling them if I don't see certain things happen with my application by certain points of time. And next week is one of them. So I will call them by the end of next week if no IP. I was going to call them after I reach 90 days without AOR, and then AOR came in at Day 88. They averted my calling by 2 days :D I hope the same happens again next week. Finger crossed ! ;D

And no matter the weather here I will still sit outside. That was the price to pay for my AOR and the weather was a lot worse back then :D :D :D

puda

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2010
neptune01 said:
Hello,

I just have received AOR via email. email says see the attachment. pdf attachment has AOR along with "Discover Canada" study guide link.

App sent: Dec. 22, 2014
Via: Regular mail
AOR: March 27, 2015
Ha!! Finally!!! Seems that they didn't lose your application ;) It's great to hear!

Asianindian, CIC is processing applications between 7 and 11 pm??? Is that happening every day??

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Indiapnp said:
Hi All and good luck to everyone.

A very basic question; sorry for my ignorance. I am unable to find a document that tells me the date from which my days towards Citizenship begin count. Which document will tell me that date?

Thank you.
Use the online residence calculator:

https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/resCalcStartNew.do

abemats2000

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
AsianIndian said:
I agree. I have a timeline when I am going to be calling them if I don't see certain things happen with my application by certain points of time. And next week is one of them. So I will call them by the end of next week if no IP. I was going to call them after I reach 90 days without AOR, and then AOR came in at Day 88. They averted my calling by 2 days :D I hope the same happens again next week. Finger crossed ! ;D

And no matter the weather here I will still sit outside. That was the price to pay for my AOR and the weather was a lot worse back then :D :D :D
AsianIndian..Fingers crossed for you. Hope you don't have to go the "waiting outside in a shiny suit" way and the call comes before your deadline.. All the best to you.

puda

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2010
Probably because we have been all assigned to the same person ;) I have been waiting for a month and a half so a month is pretty ok if you ask me.

Shalom1

Nov 7, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
4th Nov 2011
trunorth said:
CONGRATS Shalom1!!
Is yours a family or individual application? We have about the same dates and I am still waiting for mine to me transferred to Mississauga.
Hi Trunorth,

Our is a family application.
I pray for speedy transfer of your file to local office.

Shalom1

Nov 7, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
4th Nov 2011
Please I need some info on this.
My file has been transferred to Mississauga's office.
Is there any other update on Ecas after that? I want to know whether to stop checking Ecas or not.
I still check my Ecas in the office many times a day.

Thanks.

abemats2000

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
Shalom1 said:
Is there any other update on Ecas after that? I want to know whether to stop checking Ecas or not.

Thanks.
Shalom1.... My file was also transferred about 12 days ago... I think the next update for test invite will be atleast 1 month away, based on the previous timeline. Maybe we should just check once in a day :)

Shalom1

Nov 7, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
4th Nov 2011
abemats2000 said:
Shalom1.... My file was also transferred about 12 days ago... I think the next update for test invite will be atleast 1 month away, based on the previous timeline. Maybe we should just check once in a day :)
Thank you for your response.
Good luck to you

ch33rez

May 27, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/2009
Doc's Request.
07/11/2010 & 23/12/2010
AOR Received.
20/11/2009
File Transfer...
22/10/2009
Med's Request
20/05/2011
Med's Done....
29/06/2009 & 26/05/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20/05/2011
VISA ISSUED...
07/07/2011
LANDED..........
18/07/2011
Your file was transferred to the Mississauga office on March 25, 2015. The Mississauga office will contact you.

Finally.

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ch33rez said:
Your file was transferred to the Mississauga office on March 25, 2015. The Mississauga office will contact you.

Finally.

Great news Ch33rez,

Next step is Test Date!!!

All the best

SFD

AsianIndian

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shalom1 said:

Thanks.
First of all start studying your Discover book for the test. At least that is what I would do. I am waiting to see my file transferred before I even open the book for the first time. :D :D
After you see your file transferred, the next step is getting your test invite by mail or request for more documentation. So at this point I would check my mailbox every single day. I have seen a few instances where test invites got sent to mail without eCAS being updated (after step 4: file transferred ...). Some local offices do not update the eCAS as often as Sydney does, so keep a vague eye on your eCAS but focus more on your mailbox at this point.