+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2014 citizenship applicants!

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
nuna said:
I received my appointment for oath of citizenship. Thank you all for your information and support. If it is still needed this is my updated info for the excel sheet:

Scarborough office:
Rec'd: December 24, 2014.
receipt: February 19, 2015.
processing: April 1, 2015.
citizenship test (actually interview >55) on July 3, 2015 at 8:15 AM.
decision made: Oct. 3
citizenship ceremony to be held on November 27, 2015 at 8:30 AM.
jind22 said:
finely I got it later for oath this site very help full every one good luck :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
SFD said:
Hello,

This morning, we took the Citizenship Test at Scarborough. Lots of people for Oath and Test. OMG..

- We all passed and interview was smooth and straight forward.
- CO verified passport stamps quickly with no major issues (I have 15 trips+). I had passport photocopies + CBSA Record and she was like, no worries I do not need it. All is fine. (They did not photocopy passport stamps either
- They were saying 2-4 months, but CO told me Oath Ceremonies are being conducted more often, so it should be sooner...
- CO asked about workplace and that was it.

Now, waiting for last stage though. Thanks to everyone for being so helpful...

SFD
Congratulations to all test and oath takers...

Canado

Jun 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wes786 said:
Thats exactly what happens! You apply and get the Canadian passprt, otherwise you won't be able to get into the country if you go out of Canada.
Thanks Wes786,
So as I understand, I just need to take my citizenship certificate to the passport office and pay the fee. Are any other things required?

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
Canado said:
Thanks Wes786,
So as I understand, I just need to take my citizenship certificate to the passport office and pay the fee. Are any other things required?
Yes!!!

You have to fill out the application form which needs all your information a signature from a guarantor, and 2 references and your photos. Then take everything including your certificate to the office and pay the fees. Click the link below for more information.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/passport/apply/new/apply-how.asp

e.chad

Jan 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Quick question, I was given CIT0520 for entry/exit record on test date(27 Aug 2015), as per officer everything else looks good only need US record, i received the record on Nov 03 from USA and mailed it over night to the officer on Nov 04(She received it on Nov 05) and i see "Decision Made" on Nov 06, so is it possible that they made decision that quick? or it could be negative due to the fact that i was unable to send the docs within 45 days(as per Cit0520 required?)I informed the office via mail earlier that USA is taking longer and that i need extension. Appreciate responses :) God Bless

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
e.chad said:
Quick question, I was given CIT0520 for entry/exit record on test date(27 Aug 2015), as per officer everything else looks good only need US record, i received the record on Nov 03 from USA and mailed it over night to the officer on Nov 04(She received it on Nov 05) and i see "Decision Made" on Nov 06, so is it possible that they made decision that quick? or it could be negative due to the fact that i was unable to send the docs within 45 days(as per Cit0520 required?)I informed the office via mail earlier that USA is taking longer and that i need extension. Appreciate responses :) God Bless
Lets hope thats not the case for you. So far cases that I have seen that got decision made have been positive. Normally, if they need more info or docs they send you a letter rather than rejecting the case right away. I am sure the decision will be in your favour. Congrats!

krohmal

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
e.chad said:
Since you inform them earlier, did they give any feedback? In any case, it's pretty obvious that DM appeared because of provided docs, otherwise you would have got some response about not completed requirement somewhere in the middle of October.

e.chad

Jan 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
krohmal said:
Since you inform them earlier, did they give any feedback? In any case, it's pretty obvious that DM appeared because of provided docs, otherwise you would have got some response about not completed requirement somewhere in the middle of October.
TY for the response, I called CIC when i sent the extension letter(before 45 days were over) as per the agent, that should be enough and that they don't send
acknowledgement for extension

LANCAY

Jan 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was waiting for the invitation letter and totally forget to check online! And i just checked today said that they sent me the letter by mail october 19, to take a test on nov 6! But i never get any letter till today! I was shocked!! I called and they said just wait again for the letter?!

Is this ever happen to anyone? It's really annoyingggggg....ggrrrrrr sigh sigh!!!
Can't believe this is happening to me!!

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
LANCAY said:
I was waiting for the invitation letter and totally forget to check online! And i just checked today said that they sent me the letter by mail october 19, to take a test on nov 6! But i never get any letter till today! I was shocked!! I called and they said just wait again for the letter?!

Is this ever happen to anyone? It's really annoyingggggg....ggrrrrrr sigh sigh!!!
Very sorry to hear that, all you can do now is wait for them to reschdule your test date. Here's a similar situation:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/nonroutine-status-after-missing-first-test-appointment-t350455.0.html

lz83

Apr 8, 2015
LANCAY said:

Did you check your Email?Some time they send the letter by Email.My wife got the letter by Email last month.
Next time ,I suggest you to check them all(mail,Email,online)at least once a week,because they just send out the letter 14 days before the test.
Good luck.

abemats2000

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
SFD said:
Hello,

This morning, we took the Citizenship Test at Scarborough. Lots of people for Oath and Test. OMG..

- We all passed and interview was smooth and straight forward.
- CO verified passport stamps quickly with no major issues (I have 15 trips+). I had passport photocopies + CBSA Record and she was like, no worries I do not need it. All is fine. (They did not photocopy passport stamps either
- They were saying 2-4 months, but CO told me Oath Ceremonies are being conducted more often, so it should be sooner...
- CO asked about workplace and that was it.

Now, waiting for last stage though. Thanks to everyone for being so helpful...

SFD
congrats SFD... One more stage to go!!! All the best.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
lz83 said:
Did you check your Email?Some time they send the letter by Email.My wife got the letter by Email last month.
Next time ,I suggest you to check them all(mail,Email,online)at least once a week,because they just send out the letter 14 days before the test.
Good luck.
If you click on the link I posted above your post, the person received their letter by email into their junk folder and made them miss their test date. :(

There is absolutely no consistency with CIC, so do check you mail, email, junk folders, E-CAS on a daily basis to make sure you don't miss a thing.

LANCAY

Jan 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lz83 said:
Good luck.
I talked to them, they noticed that they never sent me any email or letter, only my online status update since october 19, which is i didnt check everyday because i think the most important thing is the official invitation letter, since we should bring that to the test day, right.?!
So now, i should wait again dont know how long,