+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2013 OUTLAND APPLICANTS – Join Here!!!

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
PatientlyWaitingSpouse said:
We got some wonderful news this morning at 4:25am Toronto time. We received an email from the visa office in Pretoria with an attached letter. The heading of that attached letter is "Your Visa is Ready to be Issued" ;D I think I will have a permanent smile on my face all day today!

But we do have a slight concern. Our status on CIC's website still has the same 3 messages:

1. Application for PR was received Dec. 5, 2013.
2. Application is in processing as of Mar. 19, 2014.
3. Medical have been received (it doesn't say but this was added Jul 2, 2014 - we check every day).

We usually saw an update on the system before we received an email notification, if any at all. Why doesn't it say PR has been approved? Or that a decision has been made?

Anyhow, he's going ahead with it and sending the completed form (Annex A), along with the photos and passport.

We can't believe this waiting may be coming to an end very soon!!
Don't worry, ECAS is usually updated on Tuesdays, so if your PR decision was made today or yesterday, you won't see it on ECAS till next Tuesday. Congratulations!

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
MapleLeafBride said:
I am going through them again and noticing now that the Security and Criminality sections both have a due date of Feb 7th, 2014, which had obviously passed when the notes were generated. Is that to be expected? The Eligibility section had a 2015 due date.
On my first set of notes (second one should arrive later today), I don't have a due date in 2014. Criminality, Security, Eligibility - all have due date one year after SA (2015-01-08). It's strange that both you and Patience have them in 2014.

Patience09

Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 06 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 06 2014
File Transfer...
Jan 13 2014
Med's Done....
Nov 18 2013
Avadava said:
On my first set of notes (second one should arrive later today), I don't have a due date in 2014. Criminality, Security, Eligibility - all have due date one year after SA (2015-01-08). It's strange that both you and Patience have them in 2014.
Well this is just all over the place huh. I know that VOs don't like to be bothered with status update request etc. Many of them don't even respond to emails. But am I asking for too much by wanting at least the systems and proceedures to be consistent and accurate? If every Visa Officer followed the same steps and updated things when they should, all people would have to do it check their ECAS and order notes and they would be on top of what is happening with their file.

But when each Visa Officer seems to do what they feel like doing, and each Visa Office does something slightly different, it just makes a stressful process even more so and uncertain, leaving everyone guessing what's happening, what's next, is this normal.

Anyway, just a Friday rant, thought I would get that out. Have a great weekend all!!

Step

Jan 4, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 21,2013
AOR Received.
August 26,2013
File Transfer...
September 13,2013
Med's Done....
Upfront. July 13,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 4,2014.
LANDED..........
June 24, 2014. 6:00 pm
We got some wonderful news this morning at 4:25am Toronto time. We received an email from the visa office in Pretoria with an attached letter. The heading of that attached letter is "Your Visa is Ready to be Issued" ;D I think I will have a permanent smile on my face all day today!

But we do have a slight concern. Our status on CIC's website still has the same 3 messages:

1. Application for PR was received Dec. 5, 2013.
2. Application is in processing as of Mar. 19, 2014.
3. Medical have been received (it doesn't say but this was added Jul 2, 2014 - we check every day).

We usually saw an update on the system before we received an email notification, if any at all. Why doesn't it say PR has been approved? Or that a decision has been made?

Anyhow, he's going ahead with it and sending the completed form (Annex A), along with the photos and passport.

We can't believe this waiting may be coming to an end very soon!!
We got the samething May 29,2014. How long they give you to send in request?( at different VO, we are Manila)
We still have no COPR, but I believe COPR will come after the time allowed to send in request.
Very close now, CONGRATS.

Feb 21, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria, South Africa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2013
AOR Received.
01-01-2014
Med's Done....
23-09-2013
Passport Req..
06-06-2014
Hey there - it doesn't say how long we have to send...but it does say this:
"The validity for all visas will be the same. Visas will be valid for one year from the date of your medical exam or for the validity of your passport, whichever is less."

Is that what you mean? What timeline does your give?

Step

Jan 4, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 21,2013
AOR Received.
August 26,2013
File Transfer...
September 13,2013
Med's Done....
Upfront. July 13,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 4,2014.
LANDED..........
June 24, 2014. 6:00 pm
Hey there - it doesn't say how long we have to send...but it does say this:
"The validity for all visas will be the same. Visas will be valid for one year from the date of your medical exam or for the validity of your passport, whichever is less."

Is that what you mean? What timeline does your give?
Submit passport and Appendix A within 10 days. Also says VISA will be valid to July 13,2014. Anniversary of Medicals.

MapleLeafBride

Dec 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-12-2013
Doc's Request.
06-06-2014
AOR Received.
08-01-2014
File Transfer...
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2014
LANDED..........
25-08-2014
We heard something from immigration (at 5pm on a Friday).

We need to provide proof of the sponsor (me) living in Canada. I don't know where they got the idea I was somewhere else, but that's easy enough to prove. And the hubby needs to provide a Court Judgement that lists a disposition of the charges he had on his FBI check. He had two summary charges from one drunk college night 10 years ago, but was very honest about them on his application. The equivalent in Ontario is a fine, so it's nothing major. I think they just want to see that he did his one day of community service. He actually thinks he has this already in his files.

So yeah, there has been some progress, which is good. They've given us until July 27th to provide them, so hopefully if we send it much sooner, they will get to the application before then.

Millertimez

Jun 12, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2013
AOR Received.
03-01-2014
File Transfer...
10-01-2014
Med's Done....
28-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2014
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
MapleLeafBride said:

We need to provide proof of the sponsor (me) living in Canada. I don't know where they got the idea I was somewhere else, but that's easy enough to prove. And the hubby needs to provide a Court Judgement that lists a disposition of the charges he had on his FBI check. He had two summary charges from one drunk college night 10 years ago, but was very honest about them on his application. The equivalent in Ontario is a fine, so it's nothing major. I think they just want to see that he did his one day of community service. He actually thinks he has this already in his files.

So yeah, there has been some progress, which is good. They've given us until July 27th to provide them, so hopefully if we send it much sooner, they will get to the application before then.
That's good news MLB. Good to see your file is also progressing.

Ellasg

Oct 7, 2013
Japan
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
AOR Received.
29-01-2014
File Transfer...
03-02-2014
Med's Done....
29-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-04-2014, DM: 19-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2014
LANDED..........
06-06-2014
Hi, I landed in Vancouver yesterday. I'm not sure if you guys are still keeping track but I thought I'd let you know, thank you!
And good luck!

meyoutogether143

May 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 31-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
LANDED..........
JUNE 8, 2015
Hi every one,

Na validate ko na ang forms tapos hindi kumpleto ang adress kasi no space na online fill up . pwedi ko ba madagdagan lang yon through ballpen para kumpleto? May nakaranas ba nang ganito ?

Any help please

notsopatient

Star Member
Mar 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/10/2013
AOR Received.
31/10/2013
File Transfer...
3-12-2013
Med's Request
24/05/2015 Redone
LANDED..........
29-06-2015
Ellasg said:
Hi, I landed in Vancouver yesterday. I'm not sure if you guys are still keeping track but I thought I'd let you know, thank you!
And good luck!
Yay for you!!!! You must be thrilled that this process is complete :)

Patience09

Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 06 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 06 2014
File Transfer...
Jan 13 2014
Med's Done....
Nov 18 2013
MapleLeafBride said:

Yay Maple! My husband also got a request on Friday afternoon to provide proof of a court judgement as well as proof of his US residency. The problem with the first request is that we have a pending rehabilitation application that I believe will be resolved very soon as they have requested an updated FBI check. Ottawa also gave us till July 3 to send these in (wonder why they gave us different time frames to provide the documents)

In case you guys are not familiar with rehabilitation applications, he would need the decision on that before our spousal application can be processed. So even if we provide them with a court judgement, there is the issue of the rehab application. :-X

princessice

Star Member
Sep 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 11, 2013
AOR Received.
December 17,2013
File Transfer...
December 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 14, 2013
Passport Req..
June 18,2014
dollinexile said:
Thanks! I was really confused but sent it the form anyways. But, do think a scanned copy will be a problem? I filled out the form, scanned and sent it to him. He printed it out, signed it and scanned it again, sent it to ATIP.
hi sis, i always request gcms notes online and what I do is to scan a copy of my letter of consent for my husband which I attach with the request (my husband also gave me freedom to order the notes as I pleased so I have his card details) Hence, what I do is to just register online and I attach a scanned copy of my letter of consent when I submit the online request :) So far, I have ordered 3x and I'm currently awaiting the issuance of my third request any time this mid June :)

MapleLeafBride

Dec 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-12-2013
Doc's Request.
06-06-2014
AOR Received.
08-01-2014
File Transfer...
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2014
LANDED..........
25-08-2014
Patience09 said:
Yay Maple! My husband also got a request on Friday afternoon to provide proof of a court judgement as well as proof of his US residency. The problem with the first request is that we have a pending rehabilitation application that I believe will be resolved very soon as they have requested an updated FBI check. Ottawa also gave us till July 3 to send these in (wonder why they gave us different time frames to provide the documents)

In case you guys are not familiar with rehabilitation applications, he would need the decision on that before our spousal application can be processed. So even if we provide them with a court judgement, there is the issue of the rehab application. :-X
Glad you finally heard something, Patience. I hope you get your rehab application request soon. Did they ask for this? We never applied for one because it was such a small charge and he completed his one day of sentenced community service 10+ years ago. He's also never had an issue getting into Canada, so didn't think it would be something we needed. I am really hoping that's the case.

Patience09

Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 06 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 06 2014
File Transfer...
Jan 13 2014
Med's Done....
Nov 18 2013
MapleLeafBride said:
Glad you finally heard something, Patience. I hope you get your rehab application request soon. Did they ask for this? We never applied for one because it was such a small charge and he completed his one day of sentenced community service 10+ years ago. He's also never had an issue getting into Canada, so didn't think it would be something we needed. I am really hoping that's the case.
For you, I'm sure everything is fine! Dont worry :). They did not ask for this, which is why I'm wondering what's the point of asking for the court judgement. PLUS, they should be aware of the rehab application in process because proof of this was included in our spousal application.